Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Random. I will be one of the last of the HS Class of 1969 to actually turn 69.

#youngestoldguy
umG.gif

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Neighbor has a mudjacking guy working on his driveway. Not sure why as there aren't any sunken sections. The guy is running a concrete saw with no mask, no goggles and most likely no ear plugs. Wearing a Texas Longhorns shirt
Anything else? Or is "use your imagination" time?

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Feel like @stormchaser2014

FedEx has lost two packages in the last 45 days at their Memphis hub of our companies. Total value of $60k. Since we don’t insure packages they will cover $100/each. Neato

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
ID: Resurgence.

It's like the writers just spitballed ideas for what happens next. Kinda fun to watch it though.

Speaking of which, when the alien ships collapsed in the original, didn't they land on huge areas of earth and leave even more damage?

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
ID: Resurgence.

It's like the writers just spitballed ideas for what happens next. Kinda fun to watch it though.

Speaking of which, when the alien ships collapsed in the original, didn't they land on huge areas of earth and leave even more damage?
I haven't seen it. Are you streaming it or is it on one of the cable channels?

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I happened to start reading that tire thread and realized someone had resurrected an 11 year old thread. Then I noticed Wesley had posted in that thread way back when. I checked his profile and he hasn't posted in over 4 years. I knew I hadn't seen anything from him in ages.
So does anyone ever wonder or know what happened to Wesleybot?

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I don't think your ever to old to be excited about finding a cool looking rock. Might not necessarily need to take it home with you, but cool looking rocks are still exciting.
Lew has to stop me. I'm always bringing rocks home from trips. I really pushed it with the chunk of pink granite from the Tahoe area - it was about the size of a basketball, and he barely got it into the trunk. :D

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
It's campers who think they are going to sit by a fire at night. Of course, they insist on hardwoods too when we have a mountain of pine.
I have a stack of old wooden fence boards 2-3 foot (the ones that aren't already disintegrating) and would be happy for someone to take them to burn. Might be a few nails here and there, but hey, it's all free.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.