Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I truly believe Iowa is the only coach in America that is allowing racism in their program right now
It may not be at the exact level Iowa is at, but there are definitely programs where it has reared its ugly head. We've seen it pop up in several other places recently.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
well if you think that there aren't any other places out there where players have experienced unfair treatment, I hope your right. But I doubt it.

Ah, so the narrative has gone from "you can't believe those players" to "everyone's doing it". I'm predicting tomorrow's excuse will be "but Kirk has black friends".

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Ah, so the narrative has gone from "you can't believe those players" to "everyone's doing it". I'm predicting tomorrow's excuse will be "but Kirk has black friends".
I don't think that's what he was trying to say. He was responding to twins who said only one "racist" coach was left, that being Kirk. TH was just saying it's most likely everywhere, but hopefully it's not. He's being genuine

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I don't think that's what he was trying to say. He was responding to twins who said only one "racist" coach was left, that being Kirk. TH was just saying it's most likely everywhere, but hopefully it's not. He's being genuine

To be fair I blocked Twins a while ago so I missed that part of the conversation.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
I'm making excuses for nothing. Not sure how you took that from what I said. I'm sure there has been, is and will be other places where this exists. Hopefully that continues to be fewer and fewer instances.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
Is Maurice Fleming credible?
I have no reason to believe he is not. There's also no way to confirm what he is saying is completely true. It's one of those things where the University will end up paying some sort of settlement to avoid a civil suit. People are not dumb either; they know how these types of situations work and they know the University doesn't want to go to court over something like this. People do take advantage of that because they know they will be compensated. Again, not saying these claims are not true.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I guess that's what I meant. Iowa is on an island in this one IMO
Right now, yes they are. I'm definitely not saying that there isn't another program or programs that have it as worse or even worse, but we've seen a lot of players out there speak up during this time period and none have come close to the severity that is the Iowa situation.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
This guy certainly shows that he cares about these players and these specific issues within society as a whole as well as those within the sports world. It's also his job to do this, so no doubt he cares about getting paid. In this specific situation, it could be a gold mine for him.
Does that incentivize him to coach people through a situation like this?

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
!00%. I will all but guarantee they have more in the vault and Iowa is scrambling to circle the wagons. This whole "process review" is going to backfire big time because when they come out and say "nothing to see here" **** will really hit the fan. Barta allowed Kirk to play dumb and now they are painted into a corner and I find it fu***** hilarious. I disagree though, I do think Kirk is a racist and thinks less of black people.

My point is based on what Kirk was willing to do for Everson and Satterfield suggests otherwise. Not sure any white players can claim Kirk did as much for them as he did for Everson and Satterfield. Really helped those kids out in a tight spot.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I have no reason to believe he is not. There's also no way to confirm what he is saying is completely true. It's one of those things where the University will end up paying some sort of settlement to avoid a civil suit. People are not dumb either; they know how these types of situations work and they know the University doesn't want to go to court over something like this. People do take advantage of that because they know they will be compensated. Again, not saying these claims are not true.
And that's where the University is going to have to make a decision after all of this that's for the betterment of the University itself as well as the football program, and not the betterment of Kirk Ferentz, his son, and his staff. They're going to have to weigh the options and look at everything on the table from a financial standpoint as well as a PR standpoint.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
And that's where the University is going to have to make a decision after all of this that's for the betterment of the University itself as well as the football program, and not the betterment of Kirk Ferentz, his son, and his staff. They're going to have to weigh the options and look at everything on the table from a financial standpoint as well as a PR standpoint.

Are you guys talking about former players suing the school? I'm not sure what grounds they'd have to do that...

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014

With the budget cuts there won't be any payouts. Someone is getting fired

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Does that incentivize him to coach people through a situation like this?
I honestly don't know this guy personally and don't know what his true motives are, but if you look at his social media pages, he is extremely vocal on these issues. Not just the ones where he is involved either. Look at it like a lawyer who is good at their job, but actually does care about his / her clients and the cause they're fighting for. They may get paid a lot of $, but it doesn't mean they're in for it solely because of that.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
You see that happening though in so many instances though. Iowa paid out like $15,000 to one or some of the players who were hospitalized due to rhabdo. These players could sue for psychological damages, which many have explained they got from being a part of the program.
I know you're right. I just feel like change for the better is the best reparation not $$$$. If it becomes about the money, hell, my old high school is on the hook for the psychological damage done to me 40 years ago.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Are you guys talking about former players suing the school? I'm not sure what grounds they'd have to do that...
Oh yes they can lol. Civil law suits on the grounds of emotional / physical damage they endured during their time at Iowa. It's quite common.

The allegation from today stated the player was hospitalized from a workout and he specifically told the coaching staff he wasn't feeling good. He also said he ended up getting PTSD from his time there. He could certainly sue for both emotional and physical damages.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I know you're right. I just feel like change for the better is the best reparation not $$$$. If it becomes about the money, hell, my old high school is on the hook for the psychological damage done to me 40 years ago.

Isn't that what the players are trying to do? They're asking for change/staff changes and not for money

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You can sue for literally anything. It doesn't mean you're going to win the case or even settle. It's all about how much time and $ you are willing to give up to try and prove guilt on the other side.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Oh yes they can lol. Civil law suits on the grounds of emotional / physical damage they endured during their time at Iowa. It's quite common.

The allegation from today stated the player was hospitalized from a workout and he specifically told the coaching staff he wasn't feeling good. He also said he ended up getting PTSD from his time there. He could certainly sue for both emotional and physical damages.

I'm willing to say there's zero chance of that lawsuit being successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron