Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Giving a firm hundreds of thousands of dollars is NOT an independent investigation.

Does anyone really expect them to come back with anything when they are getting paid that well?

Sounds like they aren’t even questioning the former players that have come forward so far?
That's an ignorant statement. Why pay somebody when you, CyTwins, and a few others would do it for free?

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
That's an ignorant state . Why pay somebody when you, CyTwins, and a few others would do it for free?

Can you imagine the uproar if the Iowa AG was leading the investigation? ISU fans would be up in arms about state resources and tax dollars being used to investigate Iowa football.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You guys are sure putting all your eggs into the Robert T Green basket. I haven't seen a timeline of 4 weeks from anyone so if you have I would be interested in seeing that.

If you don't think the investigation will be talking with former players then I don't know what to tell you at this point.
I don't think Green said 4 weeks I believe Iowa said 4 weeks. They're paying them a ton of money so they obviously don't want this thing to drag out.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Why would the investigation in Kirk's culture be happening if the former players want Kirk to stay? What's the point of the investigation then? To find fault in literally everyone else besides Kirk, who are employed by Kirk, who were allowed to behave that way under Kirk?

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
If the BOR does get involved in this, I would guess Kirk, Barta and Herold will be gone.

Reactions: aauummm

IlliniCy

May 21, 2008
If the BOR does get involved in this, I would guess Kirk, Barta and Herold will be gone.
I'm still of the belief nothing further will happen. It's like KKKirk has compromising photos of the BOR.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
I'm still of the belief nothing further will happen. It's like KKKirk has compromising photos of the BOR.
I would agree. I’m interested to see how far that Players Rep guy will go and how many players stories he can get.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

Not surprising by any means, but this still isn't a good look. U of I also keeps switching up their terminology of "investigation". First it was an independent investigation, then it was a review, now today it's an examination. I also love how they mentioned Kirk stating "change takes time". This ordeal is far from over and today's new allegation won't be the last.

Status
Not open for further replies.