YouTube TV

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
My issue with it is the $15/month increase doesn't add up with the channels added. Most of those new channels are junk.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I have no complaints about YTTV. $65 is still a fraction of my DTV bills of the past.

The problem is that it's gone up $30 since the start. They keep adding worthless channels and bumping up the cost. It'll be at cable prices before long with these increases. Why do providers think they need to have every channel ever made in their lineup? No one wants to pay for everything.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
The problem is that it's gone up $30 since the start. They keep adding worthless channels and bumping up the cost. It'll be at cable prices before long with these increases. Why do providers think they need to have every channel ever made in their lineup? No one wants to pay for everything.
It might not be worth it to you. Personally I'm cool with paying extra for a few channels I may watch

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
I have YTTV currently, but considering switching to Hulu. Hulu also has the Fox sports regional channels which YTTV no longer has..

not true in my case. We live in St. Louis and have fox sports Midwest on 2 YTTV channels. Not sure where you are, but we certainly have Fox sports regionals where I’m at. Not too thrilled with the increase, but will likely sit tight for now

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Yeah. Count me in the group that feels the slight increase seems reasonably equitable with some decent channels added.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I like how they refer to it as a price "update". Yeah, that'll fool me.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
My issue with it is the $15/month increase doesn't add up with the channels added. Most of those new channels are junk.
Agree. But Tommy Boy is currently on Paramount. Haha
In all seriousness, the channels added are aimed at families with kids and people under 25 it seems. I’ll watch a little Comedy Central and Paramount if they have a decent movie, but the rest of those channels I won’t even notice.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
More expensive or not, I'm definitely going with YTTV over Hulu Live going forward. The DVR feature on HL is the very definition of trash. It's so, so bad.

Yeah having no storage limit on DVR has been worth it for me

garn91

Jun 1, 2006
Ankeny
not true in my case. We live in St. Louis and have fox sports Midwest on 2 YTTV channels. Not sure where you are, but we certainly have Fox sports regionals where I’m at. Not too thrilled with the increase, but will likely sit tight for now

Right before the shutdown of sports, YTTV and Sinclair (the owner of the Fox branded RSN's) reached a carriage agreement that significantly reduced the RSN's footprint to home market only. All of Iowa lost FS North and Midwest/Midwest+, Nebraska lost FS Kansas City, etc.

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015

giphy.gif

LOL

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
getting the paramount network for yellowstone is worth the $15

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Yeah. Count me in the group that feels the slight increase seems reasonably equitable with some decent channels added.
I experienced some sticker shock but I still think it's a good deal overall and I've been wanting those channels. That said, I don't consider 30% to be a slight increase!

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Could have added the A&E networks too with that price increase.

For those not needing/wanting sports, Philo is still the best bang for the buck out there.

CycloneSarah

Aug 9, 2016
Could have added the A&E networks too with that price increase.

For those not needing/wanting sports, Philo is still the best bang for the buck out there.
YTTV not having A&E is why we went from Hulu Live to Sling when Hulu's price increased a while back but now I just realized we only watched Live PD which has been cancelled so we don't even really have a need for Sling with no sports on. I also just got an offer to start basic Hulu for $3 for 6 months so I jumped on that.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
There are more channels to come (MTV2, etc). My guess is they didn't want to do 2 increases and so when they announce another round of new channels it will be "no increase" and people will celebrate forgetting the $15 one 7/1.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Agree. But Tommy Boy is currently on Paramount. Haha
In all seriousness, the channels added are aimed at families with kids and people under 25 it seems. I’ll watch a little Comedy Central and Paramount if they have a decent movie, but the rest of those channels I won’t even notice.
I'm 50 and was watching SpongeBob last night. Missed me that little yellow guy.