Blake Hinson Committed To ISU!

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Grill played with two injuries last year. Despite that he hustled and played hard. One injury was to his wrist. He felt better at the very end and you saw glimpse of what he could be. He confidently nailed three 3 pointers in the Big 12 tournament game.
Grill played with his hair on fire, I'll give him that, but he was always laboring. Probably would have been a contributor down the line.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Awful.

There should be a law against lazy state flag designs like that.

Any one of these is superior...

rIXs05Zim8tOT6I5gtMnhzqzj3vV0rc-_ol00fTJk3fjo6oHWyvpBUw_ptNYu-tH5uWEefTL-QLrpTWgMwDe9LqFz8sKiFO5RFd5vA

Vn6xKt5t77z50xYHE1Al7c3JDkZKhmJc6ro6vP-PNJM.png

ctyp-mnflag7.jpg

I love the last one with the "dent" in the shape of the state border.
If you think the current one is bad, look at the original one. This took Minnesota 35 years from the time they became a state to come up with. By the way, while the obverse is a white background, the reverse is solid blue.
3eabb0_518217df8df14e42ab0d98f2834cfc4d~mv2.webp

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
If you think the current one is bad, look at the original one. This took Minnesota 35 years from the time they became a state to come up with. By the way, while the obverse is a white background, the reverse is solid blue.
3eabb0_518217df8df14e42ab0d98f2834cfc4d~mv2.webp

Yeah, lots of states out there with awful designs.

I like the Iowa state flag, for the record. It is guilty of the boring "state seal in the middle" sin, but it makes it more interesting by setting it on the French tricolor as a nod to French exploration of precolonial Iowa (and so many places in the state have French names, including the state capital and main river). The blue on the left and the red on the right framing the white in the middle recalls Iowa being hemmed by the Missouri and Mississippi Rivers on either side, too, which I think is nice little motif.

You can tell a state flag is good when it is hard to find imaginings or concepts for it, and I have never found many flag concepts for Iowa. There are tons for Minnesota and all those boring "blue background state seal" states out there, though.

Last edited:

Cytown12

Mar 11, 2012
Des Moines,IA
I am terrified Mississippi is going to change their flag to yet another one of those boring "state seal on a dark blue background" ones.

The old one obviously needed to go, but please do something more aesthetically interesting than the default Microsoft Word template.
I believe they are keeping the same flag but just taking the confederate flag part off the flag

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I believe they are keeping the same flag but just taking the confederate flag part off the flag

The legislature has done what legislatures do best -- setup a blue ribbon design commission to study the issue and present recommendations.

There are plenty of concepts out there. Making the minimal change of removing the stars-and-bars and keeping the rest unchanged would be an option...

43yqyxshali31.png

Something like either of those.

I personally think they should do something more ambitious...

50056647137_b5ea0268e4_o.jpg

• Create a unifying design.
• Build on the Laurin Stennis-created theme of history (colors and 20 “stars”), hospitality (magnolia flower blossom), and hope (flying swallow).
• Use the colors of the current flag and build on them (with royal, specifically).
• Visually drive home the fact that our state was named after the fifth-largest river in the world — “the great river” — which made our state famous and is something all Mississippians can be proud of.
Not look like the Missouri flag (which the Mississippi Bicentennial flag from 2017 resembled).
• Appear unique and distinct compared to other American state flags.
• Have a free-flowing, strong symbol for hope (the swallow) coming out of the past and flying upward and onward for a better social landscape of the state moving forward.

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames
Steve Prohm did what he needed to do this spring. I give him full credit on that.
Now go coach this team to the tournament. I do not want to hear the same tired excuses of “lack of experience” or “not the type of players needed to run offense”
How about "the chemistry never worked"?

Reactions: Messi

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
This thread has evolved to flag design.... You just never know what can happen in the offseason, especially with no sports and spring recruiting wrapping up.

To be fair, according to Mr. Hinson himself, flag design was an important consideration for him leaving Ole Miss. I am going to pretend the superior nature of Iowa's flag in terms of design, symbolism, and iconography played a role in his decision.

Iowa's flag is based on France's flag, which is red for fraternité, white for égalité, and blue for liberté. I stand by those way more than I would the old MS flag.

:)

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Does Dubar go back to #5 after JCL graduates? I know he wore 5 everywhere else.

I would hope so. 55 should be solely a Center # not a wing. Dubar does feel like a double number may 33? or 22? he's close.
Blackwell taking 11 is notable for historical reasons.
Really like 10 for Foster and 1 for Harris. Walker going 21 is appropriate.

Yes we have reached the analyzing the jersey # choice of the off season. ;)

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I would hope so. 55 should be solely a Center # not a wing. Dubar does feel like a double number may 33? or 22? he's close.
Blackwell taking 11 is notable for historical reasons.
Really like 10 for Foster and 1 for Harris. Walker going 21 is appropriate.

Yes we have reached the analyzing the jersey # choice of the off season. ;)
Hey, E'Twaun Moore and Jason Williams wore 55 ;)

Reactions: Doc

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Anyone know if the newcomers are on campus? Or was that closer to mid-July when basketball players were going to return?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Anyone know if the newcomers are on campus? Or was that closer to mid-July when basketball players were going to return?
I thought I read somewhere that they'd be allowed on campus sometime in the beginning of July.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron