Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa

I'm glad to see this. I'm not on Twitter so I don't see this stuff unless it's posted here. Good on them.

National media hasn't completely let it go, but because Iowa is "investigating", there hasn't been much to report during this time.

That's fair, but to a point. The "investigation" should be highly scrutinized by all parties. Obviously, they're still working through things, but if they're not contacting Wadley, one of the loudest players in all this, then something seems amiss.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I will say one thing stuck out as tough to believe at Wadley's post, having a hard time imagining BF on a jog.

But seriously, you have to feel for Wadley, the kid carried that program his senior year. Seeing the fans turn on him is just disgusting.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
My response was to hiring PJ Fleck. While he'd be the best coach in the state, I still can't stand the guy.
I disagreed because I think CMC is better, but I think PJ is a good coach. COMPLETE tool though.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
an internet tough guy huh? Well the next time a Cyclone fan says that Hawkeye fans are racists I'm going to drop kick them too then.

You and the rest of that fan base have spent the last month foo-fooing these allegations and attacking the character of the people making them. It's becoming apparent that Kirk and Brian were active participants in what was a blatantly racist culture. If you want to support that, go for it, but at least own it.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Just like they did with the gator chomp, wearing the color black, waving the flag that spells their school name, "helping" farmers, and systematic bullying and racism inside a football program
It'd be nice to see Iowa fans get as upset about racism like they do when we wear an alternate uniform.

Reactions: irish

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
I was honestly joking. No one should claim someone's racist because they are wearing an Iowa shirt.
stating the "I live in district 4" part was as close as I wanted to get to being political but I think most know where I'm coming from there.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
You and the rest of that fan base have spent the last month foo-fooing these allegations and attacking the character of the people making them. It's becoming apparent that Kirk and Brian were active participants in what was a blatantly racist culture. If you want to support that, go for it, but at least own it.
But again......you go ahead and stereotype if you want. Doesn't take a lot of thought on your part. A decent percentage of people will stereotype you right along with me because you're from Iowa.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
I'm asking who you want fired off Iowa's current staff
I'm not sharing my personal opinion on that with you because you have a history of twisting everything that is said around. But, I have not defended anybody associated with the program at this point so you can take that for what it's worth.

Reactions: Statefan10

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
But again......you go ahead and stereotype if you want. Doesn't take a lot of thought on your part. A decent percentage of people will stereotype you right along with me because you're from Iowa.

Which is why your fan base and administration's treatment of this is such an embarrassment. I have a graduate degree from U of I and I know I don't want to be associated with what that football program represents.

I remember when Baylor came to Jack Trice a few years back, fresh off the Art Briles mess. I had seats near the visitor section. I recall seeing several men their with their young daughters supporting Baylor, and the whole thing just felt so "icky" to me. I understand it's the team you support and that allegiances die hard. But people's ability to so easily detach cheering for a team from the behavior of those involved has always struck me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron