Breckenridge

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
I am thinking about taking mini vacation next week in Breckenridge. Renting a condo. Condo comes with pool and hottub for my kid. How busy is it? How bad is Covid-19 around that area? Just trying to weigh my options.

Thanks all.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Dude....I am with you on this......I am taking a trip and every day it seems like it is time to get back in the bunker.

Colorado restaurants were open so I heard two weeks ago.
If you are on a mountain trail and there is noone within, oh, say 3,000 feet of you, you may pull your mask down.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Being a Colorado resident myself (I love in Steamboat Springs, a couple of hours north of Breck) I can objectively and subjectively write that Colorado has done a pretty good job of managing the Coronavirus. That being written though, there has been a recent uptick in numbers, although not as severe as in Arizona or California. Information on a county wide level about what is open or closed seems to change on a daily basis. I would try and find a website where you can check specific County numbers (Summit County in your case), and maybe even check with the local chamber of commerce before you commit to anything. One word of caution; I 70 goes right through Summit County, and Breck is pretty close to that interstate. It gets a lot of tourism, so take that into account if you're worried about being close to big crowds.

milrtym

Sep 19, 2008
West Des Moines
My family is in Breckenridge this week. We are getting up early and doing hikes before the crowds get to trails later in morning. Staying on central time with our sleep Schedule is an advantage.

The town, if you go into a business you have to wear a mask. People are more or less caring them with them and throwing them on when the entire a store. Signs all over the county to wear masks.

Main Street where all the shops and restaurants are at is blocked off. Restaurants are then able to use the street for seating.

As far as busy, I wouldn’t say real busy. However more resorts are going to start opening up the summer activities within the next couple of weeks. You could see an uptick in traffic then.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Had a buddy who lives in Iowa visit CO last week and said CO takes Covid 100x more serious than Iowa does FWIW.

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
Back in April Summit County was blasted. Ski crowd with little restrictions.

"We are rich,......we are safe." didn't work. The only control for personal safety is social distancing, masks, and personal hygiene.

We will be heading to the continental divide in 5 or 6 weeks. Can't wait.

Be careful and enjoy the heck out of your visit.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
They have a great kid area with alpine slide and other stuff I’m guessing that’s not open, great place to visit no matter what. Don’t take more than 2 gummy bears. Have fun.

FatNTired

Jun 3, 2015
I called two contacts who summer in Summit County this week. Each said that distancing is strictly enforced and Breckinridge is nearly all outdoor seating. We have a family vacation planned for August and are still a “go”. Just make sure you hydrate heavily before you ascend to 9k feet.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I am thinking about taking mini vacation next week in Breckenridge. Renting a condo. Condo comes with pool and hottub for my kid. How busy is it? How bad is Covid-19 around that area? Just trying to weigh my options.

Thanks all.

Well from following a couple of threads on Surly Texans aren't well received and wear your mask in public places. @Doc, @Colorado any advice for this guy?

Colorado

Aug 29, 2008
Colorado
We were in Buena Vista and Salida this weekend. They were busy but not crazy busy. If that translates to Breck, you will be fine. Carry a mask with you at all times. If indoors, plan on wearing it. If outside like at a patio for a restaurant, you will wear a mask to your table and then you can remove it. Essentially, you need to wear a mask if inside but can remove outside. We also chose to wear masks when walking around public areas but removed when socially distanced.

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
Thank you so much for all of your suggestions. You guys are truly the best!