Iowa Football Recruiting

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
Fair, however I absolutely have to ask you.. So far you believe there is probably enough evidence to get rid of 3 coaches under Kirk. One was the highest paid strength coach and one was literally the coach's son. Maybe Kirk hasn't done enough directly to be fired (I think you could make a case he has), however he's definitely allowed things to happen in his program that should get him fired no?

Kirk either knew what was happening and chose not to do anything, which would mean he's just as at fault as the rest of the coaches. Or, Kirk had a don't ask don't tell policy, refused to know anything so he could not be blamed, and therefore is grossly incompetent. Both of those are grounds for being fired.

I know you want KF to be fired, you have made it clear.

Do you think Kyle Wittingham should be fired?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
'
Not at all.

Based on what has come out thus far, I wanted Doyle, BF and Wallace let go. I dont think KF should be fired at this point but am willing to change my mind on that depending on what the investigation finds.

Saying that up to 6 former players have called their former HC a racist is a pretty big statement. Asking that person to provide the quotes that show that shouldnt be that hard of a request.

Spearman, DJK, Wadley and at least one other have came forward blaming Ferentz for the racial discrimination at Iowa

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I know you want KF to be fired, you have made it clear.

Do you think Kyle Wittingham should be fired?
You never answered my question.. Do you think Kirk should be fired and do you think he's at blame at all here?

And the Kyle Whittingham situation is insanely different and you know it. Coach Whittingham said he learned about this text message when everyone else did. We'll see if that's true or not. If he knew about it before and lied, then I would have no problem with having the discussion about his future as their head coach.

Utah has had what, 2 players come out against one single coach stemming from two separate but similar accusations? Yeah, they'll need to get about 65 more players with comments made against multiple coaches, including the head coach. That situation is bad, but not even close to as bad as Iowa's s*** show.

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
Our defensive backfield is one area I rarely worry about. With the way Phil evaluates and develops talent, if he thinks Moss is the guy, Moss is the guy and it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up being another drafted Iowa DB.
Exactly. Phil is one of the top guys in evaluating DB talent in the the country. If Moss is the guy, then that means he has Phil’s trust. I don’t believe Moss will start as Brents is better then him as of now, but I’m hyped to see what all of the DB room can do this year.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Exactly. Phil is one of the top guys in evaluating DB talent in the the country. If Moss is the guy, then that means he has Phil’s trust. I don’t believe Moss will start as Brents is better then him as of now, but I’m hyped to see what all of the DB room can do this year.
I'm sure BAMA, Oregon, LSU, Ohio State, USC, Florida, Miami, Florida State, and Washington all beg to differ.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
You think that's slow but you're not concerned about a QB that ran a 5.01 40 and gave him 97 "potential" rating?
Wat8.jpg

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Speed is far less necessary at the QB position than the RB position..
I am fully aware of that. But when I questioned Wright's 5.01 40 speed I was told that was a HS time and he's working hard to improve it. Evidently that doesn't apply to this kid.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I am fully aware of that. But when I questioned Wright's 5.01 40 speed I was told that was a HS time and he's working hard to improve it. Evidently that doesn't apply to this kid.
Well I'm sure both guys are trying to improve their speed, but only one of these two plays a position where it's more important to be fast.