Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
How many pages of the old “you said it happened in 2008 and it happened in 2009 therefore everything is invalidated!” defense of racism are we in to from hok troll?
This is probably in the top-3 of things that Iowa fans are doing to try and discredit any sort of allegation or criticism of their program. Another would be when some on here ask us to specifically name the racist language used by their coaches, and after we do, they say "well how could that be racist?".

It doesn't matter if you or I or anyone else believe what those coaches were saying were racist (I think almost all of the comments I've seen were racially insensitive). What matters is what the former players believe. They were there. They interacted with these coaches on a day to day basis. Reading a comment out of the context of the situation would be hard for us to make assumptions, but these players that are coming out are the ones with the best knowledge of everything.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa

Man that's a lot to unpack there. I will say I don't think KF meant anything bad about the comment of Wadley showing everyone around NJ. Many football coaches are like that before a bowl game. They don't like the sight seeing/distractions before a big game. I can't hold that against KF.

However, if all the other items are true there is a lot of damning evidence. Did I catch Wadley would good to a fan to get food? Fan is likely a booster....

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Wow.. That's very very bad.

Brian will most likely be gone. Kirk will retire after this season. That's my prediction.

Yeah way too much evidence for Brian to survive

UNI competes well vs Iowa this year and Farley takes over next year. That's my prediction

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
They'd have to investigate and find no linkings to the fan giving any type of money to the university.
True. The importance of it matters in that Wadley had to resort to taking food from fans and possibly break NCAA rules in order to eat because his coaches revoked eating privileges. That's f****** awful.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yeah way too much evidence for Brian to survive

UNI competes well vs Iowa this year and Farley takes over next year. That's my prediction
While I think Farley would take the job if offered, I don't think he gets a call. I think Iowa will go for a young guy.

stender

Jan 26, 2020
My contempt for everything Iowa FB just multiplied by 100. I feel bad for Wadley and other black athletes. If Iowa doesn't clean house ASAP, then it is crystal clear that KF is untouchable.

So much makes sense now. Player interviews always seemed scripted. Now we know they were.

The most telling comment to me was KF is not what he appears to be (I paraphrased). Even I fell for KFs charade over the years.

It will be interesting how local media reacts, if at all. It will be interesting how Hawk fans react - how can you defend your beloved coach and program after reading that. It's pretty damning.

Status
Not open for further replies.