KState players speaking out and might boycott?

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
This exactly what McNeil wants too...

These white supremacists a$$holes are always desperate to be the victim. McNeil and his lawyer would love a public court fight with KSU.

Where oh where could they be getting that from?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Im excited to hear about the KSU sports programs boycotting whoever the next comedian is performing at KSUs auditorium. Im sure if dave Chappelle comes the football team will be standing against his views on the trans community or his jokes on sexual abuse victims.

The interesting thing here is Chappelle would possibly agree with you. Him, Rock and the like have spoken out about how it's hard doing comedy now because so many are so offended so easily. Of course, the easily offended still decided to go to their shows by choice.

The absolute craziness here is there's a certain population of people that follow certain 'rules' in a book that for a very long time haven't been able to handle someone questioning those ideas.

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
So they want a state funded organization to place limits on free speech? Thats some fun legal territory there.

First amendment protects you from being arrested by the state, not kicked out of school for being a racist *****. Should taxpayer money be spent to supplement this guys education? I don’t think so.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
The interesting thing here is Chappelle would possibly agree with you. Him, Rock and the like have spoken out about how it's hard doing comedy now because so many are so offended so easily. Of course, the easily offended still decided to go to their shows by choice.

The absolute craziness here is there's a certain population of people that follow certain 'rules' in a book that for a very long time haven't been able to handle someone questioning those ideas.
Yeah ive seen his latest netflix specials. He spends quite a while saying as much. he talks about the backlash he got from especially the trans community while still making fun of them.

I just don't think this policy is the right move going forward. Its going to create a war of the offended and everyone is going to lose. On both sides. An anti trump tweet that goes a hair too far? Offended. A democrats who voted for this person are stupid tweet? Offended.

I hope they arent playing any rap or other music in the dorms or weight rooms that is loud enough for other people to hear that say the n word, or refer to women as hoes or *******.

As a disclaimer, i think this is stupid, but this is how i see it playing out. Whole thing is too subjective, can always find someone who is offended. By anything. And what is socially acceptable is constantly changing. A university is a melting pot of young people of different backgrounds coming together and learning. People are gonna get it wrong.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Yeah ive seen his latest netflix specials. He spends quite a while saying as much. he talks about the backlash he got from especially the trans community while still making fun of them.

I just don't think this policy is the right move going forward. Its going to create a war of the offended and everyone is going to lose. On both sides. An anti trump tweet that goes a hair too far? Offended. A democrats who voted for this person are stupid tweet? Offended.

I hope they arent playing any rap or other music in the dorms or weight rooms that is loud enough for other people to hear that say the n word, or refer to women as hoes or *******.

As a disclaimer, i think this is stupid, but this is how i see it playing out. Whole thing is too subjective, can always find someone who is offended. By anything. And what is socially acceptable is constantly changing. A university is a melting pot of young people of different backgrounds coming together and learning. People are gonna get it wrong.
I forgot how bad of a political poster you are.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
I forgot how bad of a political poster you are.
You dont see this policy leading to a race to the bottom that the people like jaden would love to get into?

Or you dont think blasting music that calls women hoes could be offensive to others?

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin

don’t know what Dave Chapelle has to do with any of this but you obviously think it’s acceptable for a student to mock George Floyd. KSU student athletes also have free speech which seems to bother you. It seems like a student refusing to play football is more troubling to you than a student tweeting a deluge of racist sewage.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
First amendment protects you from being arrested by the state, not kicked out of school for being a racist *****. Should taxpayer money be spent to supplement this guys education? I don’t think so.

Cool story bro.

Agreed hes a racist pig, and probably just an all around scumbag, but what laws has he broken? What student conduct agreements has he broken? At this very moment, he hasn't broken any laws or student conduct agreements. If he has, please feel free to link to the info, because I sure haven't seen it.

Speech is free, but its not free from consequences that occur from that speech. He may see other "consequences" from that speech, but right now Kansas State doesn't have legal grounds to kick him out. Also, if Kansas State took action, I'm sure he will turn around and take them to court. He will likely have layers willing to do it for free. When the lawsuit happens, the case will get politicized, and it will get ugly. That racist is really hoping that will happen. The university isn't stupid, they know this will happen as well.

Best thing to do is embarrass him enough that he wants to leave on his own accord.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
don’t know what Dave Chapelle has to do with any of this but you obviously think it’s acceptable for a student to mock George Floyd. KSU student athletes also have free speech which seems to bother you. It seems like a student refusing to play football is more troubling to you than a student tweeting a deluge of racist sewage.

I think an internet troll made an internet troll joke. I think feeding an internet troll with attention is always the wrong call. Im sure jaden mctroll is absolutely eating up the attention, and the football teams suggested policy if actually and equally enforced will likely hurt the people on the team more than the internet troll, as I'm sure the internet troll and troll lackeys are combing through everything anyone on the football team has ever posted that could be remotely offensive to any one.

The athletes at kstate can protest whatever they want. I guess if you dont have any coaches treating black people like ****, a la iowa, or coaches supporting far right news networks like OSU, or pro slavery flags like Mississippi, you go for policing Twitter.

I guess that seems way down the line of things to get really mad at to me to actually boycott football, but i suppose that means things must be relatively good at KSU.

I just think you should be vary wary before policing speech, because i guarantee you can find someone who thinks their opinions and jokes they find funny to be offensive.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
it’s not the university’s job to rehabilitate this kid. That’s on him. When black students are expelled for breaking student conduct nobody thinks twice about it. Same should apply here. He should be done.

The evil this kid is putting into the world is a billion times more damaging to our world than smoking pot.

We coddle the first evil thing and treat the second somewhat benign like a serious crime.

Fwiw marijuana is not my thing, just obvious that overt racism is much more threatening to living at peace with each other.

Reactions: Peter

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
I just think you should be vary wary before policing speech, because i guarantee you can find someone who thinks their opinions and jokes they find funny to be offensive.

well I guess it’s free speech vs free speech then. We will see which voices Kstate chooses to listen to.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Cool story bro.

Agreed hes a racist pig, and probably just an all around scumbag, but what laws has he broken? What student conduct agreements has he broken? At this very moment, he hasn't broken any laws or student conduct agreements. If he has, please feel free to link to the info, because I sure haven't seen it.

Speech is free, but its not free from consequences that occur from that speech. He may see other "consequences" from that speech, but right now Kansas State doesn't have legal grounds to kick him out. Also, if Kansas State took action, I'm sure he will turn around and take them to court. He will likely have layers willing to do it for free. When the lawsuit happens, the case will get politicized, and it will get ugly. That racist is really hoping that will happen. The university isn't stupid, they know this will happen as well.

Best thing to do is embarrass him enough that he wants to leave on his own accord.

sounds like student codes of conduct need to be updated.

I’d think being a part of organized hate groups would fall under 7 and 17.

https://www.k-state.edu/sga/judicial/student-code-of-conduct.html

Reactions: Peter

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I think an internet troll made an internet troll joke. I think feeding an internet troll with attention is always the wrong call. Im sure jaden mctroll is absolutely eating up the attention, and the football teams suggested policy if actually and equally enforced will likely hurt the people on the team more than the internet troll, as I'm sure the internet troll and troll lackeys are combing through everything anyone on the football team has ever posted that could be remotely offensive to any one.

The athletes at kstate can protest whatever they want. I guess if you dont have any coaches treating black people like ****, a la iowa, or coaches supporting far right news networks like OSU, or pro slavery flags like Mississippi, you go for policing Twitter.

I guess that seems way down the line of things to get really mad at to me to actually boycott football, but i suppose that means things must be relatively good at KSU.

If it were just a racist joke, a la Carson King, I’d be with you.

It’s not. Stop pretending it is.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Also, I'm sure any policy that Kansas State imposes that even comes close to limiting free speech would be challenged immediately. Any publicly funded institution putting in such a policy would immediately be challenged on it. Personally I think a policy like that would be great, I just don't think it would survive a legal challenge.

You wait, Kansas State is going to put a policy like this in, this Jayden idiot is going to strategically violate it, with the hopes Kansas State kicks him out. He will then turn around and file suit against them.
sounds like student codes of conduct need to be updated.

I’d think being a part of organized hate groups would fall under 7 and 17.

https://www.k-state.edu/sga/judicial/student-code-of-conduct.html

That is a good argument if they choose to take action against the student. With anything they do they will have to ask the question to themselves. "Will this stand up to a legal challenge?" If the answer is always going to be NO, then they likely won't go that route.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Also, I'm sure any policy that Kansas State imposes that even comes close to limiting free speech would be challenged immediately. Any publicly funded institution putting in such a policy would immediately be challenged on it. Personally I think a policy like that would be great, I just don't think it would survive a legal challenge.

You wait, Kansas State is going to put a policy like this in, this Jayden idiot is going to strategically violate it, with the hopes Kansas State kicks him out. He will then turn around and file suit against them.

That is a good argument if they choose to take action against the student. With anything they do they will have to ask the question to themselves. "Will this stand up to a legal challenge?" If the answer is always going to be NO, then they likely won't go that route.

Why should KSU be required to have this person be part of their organization? Any corporation would fire this person immediately. This is what I don't understand I guess.