KState players speaking out and might boycott?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
GO TO SLEEP!
ObviousWarmKitty-size_restricted.gif

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
It’s a big world. You can’t have one experience someplace and extrapolate a lifetime of conclusions based on that experience.

Do you think KSU or Manhattan want Westboro there? Westboro are masters of suing when their First Amendment Rights are infringed upon.

There’s not a city in America more similar to Ames than Manhattan, KS. If you can find one, please let me know.

Any city in Iowa with around 50k people?

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
It's amazing how you can continue to just ignore all the other context here. Breathtaking really.
I see the context. He is no supporter of george floyd, that is for sure, nor of the rioting and looting, or BLM.

I am just trying to be realistic, because i also see the people with 1 million and 2 million+ followers on Twitter coming to his defense. I also didn't see anything so blatent that warrented death threats or being expelled as i think that no matter how ****** of a person he is he can probably argue free speech, but I will be honest i didn't spend a lot of time diving into a trolls twitter feed.

I think the people threatening him with physical violence have a better chance of getting in trouble than he does. It is what makes trolls so effective. They know how to stir the pot just the right amount and then play the victim when the other side jumps in.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I see the context. He is no supporter of george floyd, that is for sure, nor of the rioting and looting, or BLM.

I am just trying to be realistic, because i also see the people with 1 million and 2 million+ followers on Twitter coming to his defense. I also didn't see anything so blatent that warrented death threats or being expelled as i think that no matter how ****** of a person he is he can probably argue free speech, but I will be honest i didn't spend a lot of time diving into a trolls twitter feed.

I think the people threatening him with physical violence have a better chance of getting in trouble than he does. It is what makes trolls so effective. They know how to stir the pot just the right amount and then play the victim when the other side jumps in.

I posted a very clear article about it. You can choose to read it or not. The guy is a white supremacist and agitator. He can argue free speech, and he's perfectly free to speak it - and KSU should IMO do the right thing and boot him. I wouldn't have said this 5 years ago, but if there was a similar guy at ISU I'd say the same. I don't want a nazi with an ISU degree on his wall. His credits can transfer to any school willing to take him.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
That kid's a piece of ****, but I don't think there's anything they can do other than shame the ever living hell out of him. Turn him into a pariah. I'm not sure the university can/should kick him out, though.
He should be running wind sprints for the rest of his life.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Normally I'm opposed to this kind of thing but the guy is a real piece of work who is heavily involved in white supremacist groups and the Proud Boys and groups like that. He'd totally play the victim and probably will his entire life because he's can't be hired by any self respecting company at this point.

I failed to read anything more than the screenshot of the tweets. If his ignorance does go to those depths I retract the comment of just shooting his mouth off...

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
I posted a very clear article about it. You can choose to read it or not. The guy is a white supremacist and agitator. He can argue free speech, and he's perfectly free to speak it - and KSU should IMO do the right thing and boot him. I wouldn't have said this 5 years ago, but if there was a similar guy at ISU I'd say the same. I don't want a nazi with an ISU degree on his wall. His credits can transfer to any school willing to take him.

There was always people at isu preaching that we would be going to hell for some reason or another, like homosexuality, or drinking, or wearing skirts. I don't recall isu ever kicking these people off school grounds due to free speech and it being a public university, but maybe if they were students they could have had them leave? I dont know. Dont know the rules well enough, but i would be shocked if he gets expelled. Publicly rebuked sure, but expelled, I just don't see it. The media frenzy of a public insitution not allowing free speech will be something they dont want to deal with. Like i said, people with millions of followers have already come to this kids defense, and this is what 24 hours into it?

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
The problem is I don’t think KSU can boot him

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I will say my black buddy, puerto rican buddy, and me at ISU made racial jokes about each other all the time in college and it was hilarious and endearing. Those guys had my back. Cancel culture sucks. If there was malice just ignore this turd.

Similar story from me from my time in the USAF with my best friend - an african american. Our relationship didn't end well for several reasons - one stemming from the fact our familiarity was not shared with others in the black USAF community. Having inside jokes between best friends should only be just that - inside and only between close friends.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
There was always people at isu preaching that we would be going to hell for some reason or another, like homosexuality, or drinking, or wearing skirts. I don't recall isu ever kicking these people off school grounds due to free speech and it being a public university, but maybe if they were students they could have had them leave? I dont know.

Can't make them leave even if they were students. Universities are public grounds, so the lightsaber preacher guy, the anti-abortion people, etc. can all be there. However, since they aren't students, not really anything they can do about it.

This guy is a student. They can absolutely expel him for violating the code of conduct. He could still show up on campus all he wants, can't stop him.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
I posted a very clear article about it. You can choose to read it or not.
Ah yes very clear. I dont know any of the people involved because they are all like 21 or younger, i dont recognize any of the groups mentioned, and the article is by the ever popular irehr.org whose Twitter account has 520 followers, so it isn't like it is by a commonly trusted news source like CNN.

Did you just google the guys name and click on the first thing you found and share it here? Did you know he plays video games with a guy who went to the Charlottesville rally? I didn't understand about half of the terms they used. So I guess i have some more reading to do. Wtf is a groyper?

Im not saying the guy doesnt have issues or isnt a racist, im just saying i dont think he will be expelled for hurting feelings on Twitter.

If this is how people react to dickbags on twitter then i can see why iowa didn't allow their athletes to have it. :Jimlad: ffs :jimlad

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Im not saying the guy doesnt have issues or isnt a racist, im just saying i dont think he will be expelled for hurting feelings on Twitter.

For the 1000th time, if he's expelled it's not because he's hurt feelings on twitter. It's because he's a white supremacist whose values don't align with the mission of the school.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Can we quit calling everyone a nazi though? He may be a nut job, I didn’t dive into it but quit devaluing what the nazi’s actually did by referring to idiots as Nazi’s.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Can we quit calling everyone a nazi though? He may be a nut job, I didn’t dive into it but quit devaluing what the nazi’s actually did by referring to idiots as Nazi’s.

Hitler didn’t start out by just murdering all of the Jews. He set the table first. For like 20 years. Was he not a Nazi while he was setting the table with rhetoric?