KState players speaking out and might boycott?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
People might be getting a bit too sensitive if they now refuse to play football at a university because one of the 20k students there made a joke they found to be of poor taste. Shock humor is a thing. Dead people jokes are a thing.

Didnt see any players threaten to boycott their school when 5 of their own players were arrested in 1 week for things like driving under the influence. Are jokes worse than dui?
I think college student athletes, specifically African Americans are starting to see how much power they really have. Look at what's happening across the entire nation right now at Iowa, Oklahoma State, Utah, Mississippi State, etc. The MSU running back said he would not play until the state flag was changed, idiots called him an idiot, and now there is ground being made to change the flag.

Will this kid end up being expelled? Who knows, but he does deserve to be called out for his disgusting words, he deserves to receive some sort of reprimand by the university, and he's putting a huge target on his back on campus.

Reactions: Peter

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
It's like Rand McPherson (David Spade) from the movie PCU in real life!

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I seem to be in the minority here but when a petulant little piece of **** spouts off like this it’s clear he had the sole intention of getting a response and is probably hoping to get expelled. He is nothing. A nobody with no power. Just another useless moron on social media that means nothing to the world. Of course he left enough wiggle room to straddle the code of conduct.

I don’t blame people for wanting action, but that’s all this piece of trash wants. If he’s ignored he will either crawl back under a rock for good or escalate language to where it’s such a clear case that it isn’t a talking point for anyone.

Anybody can say stupid **** publicly and through social media. Millions of people do all the time and every University, High School and company has them. Responding to these nobodies gives them a voice and power.

Last edited:

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I seem to in the minority here but when a petulant little piece of **** spouts off like this it’s clear he had the sole intention of getting a response and is probably hoping to get expelled. He is nothing. A nobody with no power. Just another useless moron on social media that means nothing to the world. Of course he left enough wiggle room to straddle the code of conduct.

I don’t blame people for wanting action, but that’s all this piece of trash wants. If he’s ignored he will either crawl back under a rock for good or escalate language to where it’s such a clear case that it isn’t a talking point for anyone.

Anybody can say stupid **** publicly and through social media. Millions of people do all the time and every University, High School and company has them. Responding to these nobodies gives them a voice and power.

I think he's likely a kid and really failed to think through this thoughts, his choice of communication and especially how his message would be received.

A lot of us have spouted off a time or 2 on these boards and most of us have regretted even the minimal amount of grief meted out. And there have been a few "opinions" that, should they see the light of day, would cause much distress. Anyone who thinks they have a different opinion on race, gender, social movements should think very hard about not just their message, but what the current social atmosphere is for sharing ideas contrary to current events.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Kansas State as a university probably can't do anything to Jaden. Even if he probably deserve it.

Football players can boycott all the want, but I'm guessing there are 20k+ students at Kansas State, are they going to sit out until ALL the racists are gone?

Best thing to do, is make Jaden famous, and he will likely move on.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
My bold prediction - the student union, woke student govt, diversity campus organizations will have this kid run off campus quickly and loudly.

Normally I'm opposed to this kind of thing but the guy is a real piece of work who is heavily involved in white supremacist groups and the Proud Boys and groups like that. He'd totally play the victim and probably will his entire life because he's can't be hired by any self respecting company at this point.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Why not both?

I'm just starting to look at anything K-State, and curse this jerk for making this a thing (the Twitter jerk, not curt), but the University doesn't have to allow this, if their own statement has any weight:

https://www.k-state.edu/about/values/free-speech/
What part would you be using from that?

I don't get the angle that KSU has no agency here. I'd be shocked if there aren't a couple different avenues they can use as a justification. Those rules are always written with enough generalities to cover something like this. If he wants to sue let him sue, probably a lot better than having this **** stain smear your university for the next however many years.

He should be gone IMO. Let him sue and go crying to InfoWars. Who gives a **** about his dumb ass? KState (and every school) should draw a hard line with this kind of stuff.

I don't think Kansas State can suspend or expel him for this. It's been a few years, but I think public universities fall under the first amendment (and the link Erik posted almost confirms that because it's listing free speech exceptions.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I think he's likely a kid and really failed to think through this thoughts, his choice of communication and especially how his message would be received.

A lot of us have spouted off a time or 2 on these boards and most of us have regretted even the minimal amount of grief meted out. And there have been a few "opinions" that, should they see the light of day, would cause much distress. Anyone who thinks they have a different opinion on race, gender, social movements should think very hard about not just their message, but what the current social atmosphere is for sharing ideas contrary to current events.

I think he's your typical person that thinks he's a lot smarter than he is, and wants attention and a reaction. Trashing a murder victim at the center of an important cause is an easy way to do that. He's no different than every nobody loser on social media that throws out some dumb hot take in hopes of a "Well, actually..." argument.

Players are finding out that they have power to affect changes in structures that have real power like police, universities, sports programs, etc. That is a critical fight.

Engaging a meaningless nobody is the only way this kid has any power. He means nothing.

Also, in this situation I am speaking what is best for society as a whole, not K-State. Addressing this aggressively probably looks best for K-State. However, I think it is bad for society as a whole to give these people the reaction they are looking for and makes others like him think they actually matter when they do not.

Last edited:

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I agree with this, but I am sure that there is some unprotected hate speech they could find that he has previously used and use it to get rid of him without him having much legal recourse.

There is plenty.

https://www.irehr.org/2020/02/27/an-affinity-for-bigotry-jaden-mcneil-of-america-first-students/

No offense but if you, I, or anybody else found out this guy was working at my company I'd bring this to HR and he'd be canned immediately. Zero reason why KSU should have to tolerate it.

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017

If this were an isolated incident with him I would possibly agree, but it seems as if he is pretty far out there and has been warned previously about some of the events he has attended. I think he fully got the reaction he was intending, but may not have thought about the other consequences.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
People might be getting a bit too sensitive if they now refuse to play football at a university because one of the 20k students there made a joke they found to be of poor taste. Shock humor is a thing. Dead people jokes are a thing.

Didnt see any players threaten to boycott their school when 5 of their own players were arrested in 1 week for things like driving under the influence. Are jokes worse than dui?
I liked you better when I didn’t know you were an *******.

diaclone

Apr 16, 2006
Metro Omaha

Oh good lord, get a grip. "Too sensitive" to tweets with with a racist undertone?? Yeah, tell black folks that they're too sensitive to everyday racism that they face.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

He's a white nationalist.

diaclone

Apr 16, 2006
Metro Omaha

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
I liked you better when I didn’t know you were an *******.
I said it was in poor taste. People in this state just last year were boycotting Busch light because they pulled funding on Carson king for making a racist joke on Twitter.

Demanding your University expell people for making a ****** joke is not going to end well because kids say and do ****** things all the time. I hope none of these players have ever been on xbox live. I dont think racism should have a place in this country, but football players drawing a line and boycotting football because there is an individual racist at their school is a line i dont understand. How many penn state football players boycotted when it came out their coach was raping kids? how many iowa football players came out and publicly said they would boycott until BF is fired?

I would venture if you went through all the k state players own twitter accounts you will find something more offensive than that tweet. Football players are arrested for rape and sexual assault and i dont hear a thing about their team mates publicly calling to boycott playing, and these are their own teammates, not some random ******* who goes to the same 20,000+ person school.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I said it was in poor taste. People in this state just last year were boycotting Busch light because they pulled funding on Carson king for making a racist joke on Twitter.

Demanding your University expell people for making a ****** joke is not going to end well because kids say and do ****** things all the time. I hope none of these players have ever been on xbox live. I dont think racism should have a place in this country, but football players drawing a line and boycotting football because there is an individual racist at their school is a line i dont understand. How many penn state football players boycotted when it came out their coach was raping kids? how many iowa football players came out and publicly said they would boycott until BF is fired?

I would venture if you went through all the k state players own twitter accounts you will find something more offensive than that tweet. Football players are arrested for rape and sexual assault and i dont hear a thing about their team mates publicly calling to boycott playing, and these are their own teammates, not some random ******* who goes to the same 20,000+ person school.
Didn't Carson King make a racist joke when he was like 14 though?

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

This isn't about a racist joke. This is about a guy being part of a white supremacist movement and organizing his life around it. There is a colossal amount of difference between those two things.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
Didn't Carson King make a racist joke when he was like 14 though?
16 I think. Im just saying, if you are going to boycott and be outraged because someone was ****** on Twitter, then you might be in for a long ride, and there are probably better things to use your platform for than twitter police. All that does is feed the trolls, which like the number one rule is "dont feed the trolls". But hey congrats to the players I guess. They gave this guy a massive megaphone, and his tweet is just ambiguous enough that he can claim free speech vs hate speech. Meanwhile he has gained 5k follower's since his "joke".