Blake Hinson Committed To ISU!

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
usa_today_12059900.0.jpg

upload_2020-6-24_14-6-29.jpeg
Anyone else see the resemblance between JCL and Hinson? They honestly look like twins / brothers.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I will respectfully disagree with the Jacobson comparison. Mike was more like a 5 trapped in a 4's body. Hinson is more like a 3 trapped in a 4's body. Sort of like an Abdel Nader.

I think he was just a 5 playing the 4. I think Young is the 5 in 3 or 4’s body.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Just wait until we overachieve to begin the year, are in the hunt in February, but drop a few games and end up getting 5th in the conference. I'm sure those hating on CSP will come out in full force.

The talent level is considerably better and we should be able to compete for a NCAA Tournament berth if Harris and Hinson both get waivers. That being said, I don’t think this roster is a sure-fire NCAA Tournament squad. CSP has done a great job to get a roster that can compete for the tournament but the expectation is still to get to the tournament 3 or 4 out of every 5 years.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
The talent level is considerably better and we should be able to compete for a NCAA Tournament berth if Harris and Hinson both get waivers. That being said, I don’t think this roster is a sure-fire NCAA Tournament squad. CSP has done a great job to get a roster that can compete for the tournament but the expectation is still to get to the tournament 3 or 4 out of every 5 years.
Yeah it was honestly just a joke lol.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Blake is starting to lay the groundwork for the waiver...

https://www.news-journalonline.com/...longer-represent-mississippi-flag-confederacy

"The 6-foot-7 junior forward plans to apply for a waiver to gain immediate eligibility. In a phone interview with The News-Journal, Hinson said there were factors beyond basketball that influenced his decision to leave.
“To make a general statement, it was time to go and leave Ole Miss,” Hinson said. “I’m proud not to represent that flag anymore and to not be associated with anything representing the Confederacy.”
That flag refers to the state flag of Mississippi, which includes the Confederate emblem. Earlier this week, Southeastern Conference (SEC) Commissioner Greg Sankey said that, until the emblem is removed, the conference could preclude holding championship events in Mississippi.
Asked if he personally had experienced any sort of racial abuse or injustice during his two years in Oxford, Hinson said: “Not that I can remember.”

Reactions: Halincandenza

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I will respectfully disagree with the Jacobson comparison. Mike was more like a 5 trapped in a 4's body. Hinson is more like a 3 trapped in a 4's body. Sort of like an Abdel Nader.

Yeah, not really trying to compare like that. I meant that Jacobson wasn't close to a stretch 4. Not mobile enough, not a good enough shot. Hinson is a lot closer to what we need there. Better shot, better defensively on the perimeter, probably not as good of a rebounder.

If we had anyone who could play the 4 halfway good last season, Jacobson would have played a lot more 5. They REALLY needed Griffin to step up his play and he didn't.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Blake is starting to lay the groundwork for the waiver...

https://www.news-journalonline.com/...longer-represent-mississippi-flag-confederacy

"The 6-foot-7 junior forward plans to apply for a waiver to gain immediate eligibility. In a phone interview with The News-Journal, Hinson said there were factors beyond basketball that influenced his decision to leave.
“To make a general statement, it was time to go and leave Ole Miss,” Hinson said. “I’m proud not to represent that flag anymore and to not be associated with anything representing the Confederacy.”
That flag refers to the state flag of Mississippi, which includes the Confederate emblem. Earlier this week, Southeastern Conference (SEC) Commissioner Greg Sankey said that, until the emblem is removed, the conference could preclude holding championship events in Mississippi.
Asked if he personally had experienced any sort of racial abuse or injustice during his two years in Oxford, Hinson said: “Not that I can remember.”

You knew it was coming. Whether that is the real reason for the transfer or not (and I'm not saying it's not by any means), it's a sure bet to get the waiver.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
Don't see to many of the CSP haters commenting here, has to be a big blow to their self esteem.

Yeah, you would think if the coach does well on the recruiting trail, true Cyclone fans would at least be happy about it. With the highly recruited high school class and three high quality transfers, this has to be Prohm's best class. If a quality PG happens to be available, I expect they would take him considering the uncertainty surrounding a waiver for Harris.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yeah, not really trying to compare like that. I meant that Jacobson wasn't close to a stretch 4. Not mobile enough, not a good enough shot. Hinson is a lot closer to what we need there. Better shot, better defensively on the perimeter, probably not as good of a rebounder.

If we had anyone who could play the 4 halfway good last season, Jacobson would have played a lot more 5. They REALLY needed Griffin to step up his play and he didn't.
Yeah Mike was an okay rebounder, however his box outs were not the best. It wasn't that he didn't do them, it's that his quickness and ability to get to point A to point B were not the greatest. As you said above, Hinson should fit perfectly into the 4 position that Prohm loves, which is the mismatch guy on offense that can guard 1-5 on the defensive end.

Jacobson was a lot better his junior year due to him being around a lot of talent as well as being able to play the 5. He was okay playing defense on big men and offensively was left open in the PnR game because the 5 had to over help a ton in order to help out against the drive.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

We are better #2 through #12, definitely.

But we lost a special guy at #1.

Not trying to be pessimistic -- but Tyrese was so good.

I miss him already.

:(

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Yeah, you would think if the coach does well on the recruiting trail, true Cyclone fans would at least be happy about it. With the highly recruited high school class and three high quality transfers, this has to be Prohm's best class. If a quality PG happens to be available, I expect they would take him considering the uncertainty surrounding a waiver for Harris.

Will Harris' appeal be based on Memphis being a Covid hot spot?

Help Support Us

Become a patron