An eSports introduction (feedback needed)

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
Hey Fanatics -- I wanted to introduce you to our friends @Audentio. They will be helping us put together our plans for eSports events as we start working towards the launch of our redesigned site later this summer. In this thread sometime today, they will be posting a survey for anyone interested in playing in an eSports event to fill out so we can get the ball rolling on how that will look and how many people will be participating.

We really appreciate everyone's feedback!!

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
My suggestion is don’t limit it to just sports games. Obviously those would be the primary but I think the interest is more gaming with other Cyclones.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I know you guys did some events at Up-Down Arcade Bar in DSM - have you thought of hosting similar events via Twitch/YouTube/etc? Is there a CF channel on those platforms?

An occasional CF livestream on Twitch could also be a fun alternative to a Podcast or mailbag article.

Audentio

Administrator
Staff member
May 13, 2016
Rockford, IL
www.audentio.com
Hey everyone! Thanks for the intro @JStanz51. I'm Nikki with Audentio and I'll be helping facilitate the upcoming gaming event. We're excited to partner with Chris and Jared to offer you guys something new for the community.

What are we playing?
Last month, Chris reached out to get everyone's thoughts and we had a follow-up poll to judge what game we were going to play first. We will be officially starting with Madden 20 but I know some folks have brought up not wanting to exclusively focus on sports games. Totally get it! We hope to make this event a regular thing which will open up playing a lot more games in the future. I know some others that were brought up before were Dota 2, Rocket League, Fortnite, and even some casual games like trivia.

When is the event?
There's some lead time in getting player submissions, working out best times to play across multiple timezones, planning the structure, and more. We will be giving regular updates but to give a broad target time, we're hoping to have the event in August.

So who's playing?
The response to the poll sent by Jared showed that we'll have a pretty good turnout but we want to get an official tally of how many of you guys are considering playing. If you are, please fill out this survey to help us in planning out the bracket and schedule more. We'll leave this survey open for the next couple of weeks and at that point, will be moving forward with the submitted roster.

Final thoughts
We'll be following here in case any of you have questions but we're so excited to get this started for you all. Again if you're thinking of joining the event, please fill out this survey! Much appreciated in advance :)

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
My suggestion is don’t limit it to just sports games. Obviously those would be the primary but I think the interest is more gaming with other Cyclones.

Agreed with this. Also, supporting ISU club teams for e-sports games that are not 'sports' games.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Hey everyone! Thanks for the intro @JStanz51. I'm Nikki with Audentio and I'll be helping facilitate the upcoming gaming event. We're excited to partner with Chris and Jared to offer you guys something new for the community.

What are we playing?
Last month, Chris reached out to get everyone's thoughts and we had a follow-up poll to judge what game we were going to play first. We will be officially starting with Madden 20 but I know some folks have brought up not wanting to exclusively focus on sports games. Totally get it! We hope to make this event a regular thing which will open up playing a lot more games in the future. I know some others that were brought up before were Dota 2, Rocket League, Fortnite, and even some casual games like trivia.

When is the event?
There's some lead time in getting player submissions, working out best times to play across multiple timezones, planning the structure, and more. We will be giving regular updates but to give a broad target time, we're hoping to have the event in August.

So who's playing?
The response to the poll sent by Jared showed that we'll have a pretty good turnout but we want to get an official tally of how many of you guys are considering playing. If you are, please fill out this survey to help us in planning out the bracket and schedule more. We'll leave this survey open for the next couple of weeks and at that point, will be moving forward with the submitted roster.

Final thoughts
We'll be following here in case any of you have questions but we're so excited to get this started for you all. Again if you're thinking of joining the event, please fill out this survey! Much appreciated in advance :)
I can’t access the survey. Also wasn’t sure if this was only for the madden tournament. I don’t have madden so obviously can’t participate in this one but would be interested in future ones.

CycloneJoe6

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2012
Iowa
I wasn't able to access the survey as well. It says I need permission by the owner

Audentio

Administrator
Staff member
May 13, 2016
Rockford, IL
www.audentio.com
Hey everyone have fixed the permission issue with the survey so here's the correct one! Will edit the original post as well.

Also wasn’t sure if this was only for the madden tournament. I don’t have madden so obviously can’t participate in this one but would be interested in future ones.
For the first event, we will be playing Madden but for future events, we'll open it back up to see what title would be the favorite and hope you can join up then :)

Audentio

Administrator
Staff member
May 13, 2016
Rockford, IL
www.audentio.com
The survey is still open to submit so make sure if you guys are considering playing in the event to fill it out. It's more of a preliminary sign-up form so we can get a rough idea of how many folks want to play and start planning the structure.

Just let me know if there are any questions and here's the survey link again :)