***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

Alright ladies and gentleman, here is Blake Hinson. When watching the video, don't be concerned about all the 10-15 foot pull up jumpers in the beginning, the video is cut into sections of jumpers, 3's, and attacking the basket.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
i

Alright ladies and gentleman, here is Blake Hinson. When watching the video, don't be concerned about all the 10-15 foot pull up jumpers in the beginning, the video is cut into sections of jumpers, 3's, and attacking the basket.

is Abdel Nader a good comp for this kid?

Reactions: heitclone

kccyclone3

May 16, 2015
Granted he gets his waiver what are predictions for a starting 5? Feels like we are much deeper everywhere with a couple coin flips at some positions. T

-harris
-bolton
-hinson
-jcl/johnson?
-young

Reactions: Cytown12

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
i

is Abdel Nader a good comp for this kid?
Yeah that's a pretty decent comparison actually. His pull up game reminds me of Nick Babb so I'm sure some will get frustrated with that shot choice, however he shot 50% from the 2 last year so he has to be above average in that category.

I'll take another Nader. He's 6'7", he can rebound, he can dribble very well for his size, he can shoot it from beyond the arc, and looking at his past two years he looks like he could end up exploding in production.

Reactions: isutrevman

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Wow, I was 144 messages behind in this thread this morning. I stuck with the the off topic stuff for a few pages, then just started scrolling to see twitter posts. What a nice surprise to find at the very end!

Reactions: Statefan10

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Man if he and Harris get waivers, that Jr class is solid. Pass the 21/22 kool aid. You never know how the fr will be but on paper, that looks like a solid 2 deep at every spot.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
This thread has been a wild ride the past 3 month with a lot of disappointment but in the end the staff has done what it needed to and add 3 transfers all from P5 schools where they produced and still have a spot open for another. We will have to see about 2 waivers but regardless A off season when one was needed to reset the program.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Granted he gets his waiver what are predictions for a starting 5? Feels like we are much deeper everywhere with a couple coin flips at some positions. T

-harris
-bolton
-hinson
-jcl/johnson?
-young
Moving Harris out of any actual starting lineup will improve ISU's NCAA tourney odds.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Moving Harris out of any actual starting lineup will improve ISU's NCAA tourney odds.
I don't think we know whether Tyler is better starting or off the bench, nor do we know who's going to run the PG. We'll just have to wait and see. The exciting thing is that we have a plethora of options.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
I don't think we know whether Tyler is better starting or off the bench, nor do we know who's going to run the PG. We'll just have to wait and see. The exciting thing is that we have a plethora of options.
Harris may end up being the best facilitator on the roster and Prohm may then be forced to start him but any offensive benefit he may provide will likely more than offset by Harris' liabilities defensively and it's not like Prohm has been a genius defensively to cover those liabilities. Like I posted before, ISU's tourney odds are best served with Harris not starting and someone else emerging as a competent offensive facilitator.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I think Harris is our point guard next year if we get a waiver. It might not be his natural position but he would be the best option if all these guys get waivers

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Harris may end up being the best facilitator on the roster and Prohm may then be forced to start him but any offensive benefit he may provide will likely more than offset by Harris' liabilities defensively and it's not like Prohm has been a genius defensively to cover those liabilities. Like I posted before, ISU's tourney odds are best served with Harris not starting and someone else emerging as a competent offensive facilitator.
Yeah I guess I was just thinking we don't know how good Tyler will be running the point under Prohm. Prohm has been pretty good with PG's, and had pretty good success with short guards.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
A 6' 7" wing is exactly what Prohm was looking for. Could probably play the 2-4. 4 only in really small ball lineups.
Isn’t he a better candidate to play the 4 than Johnson? And Johnson has been widely considered getting significant minutes at the 4.

Of course, that latter assumption could have been only true in Cyclone forums, as a reflex to our recent futile play with two bigs.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron