MLB: ****Official STL Cardinals 2021 Thread (ARENADO trade)****

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
A 60 game season will be a sprint, not the regular marathon that they are used too. Every game is important with so few of games.
I wonder if Yadi can play 60 straight games?

Reactions: TheHelgo

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Gotta be honest I'm a Cardinals fan but really haven't followed this season since all the missed games early due to covid.

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Well. Nolan Arenado, ladies and gents. Apparently for Gomber and low level prospects.

Cards pull off a big move. They don’t usually do those unless they make a lot of sense (McGwire, Edmonds, Holliday, 2011 team swap). They are usually one sided in a good way when they go big.

My only remaining hope is that they can re-work Arenados deal to remove the 2021 opt out. I’d hate to see him leave after one year. That’s a long way in the future now, though.

• Agree
Reactions: TheHelgo

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
I still have a bad taste in my mouth in that they haven't resigned Wong or (especially) Molina. And, what about the outfield? But Aranado is a big move. I hope he is healthy.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Cards pull off a big move. They don’t usually do those unless they make a lot of sense (McGwire, Edmonds, Holliday, 2011 team swap). They are usually one sided in a good way when they go big.

My only remaining hope is that they can re-work Arenados deal to remove the 2021 opt out. I’d hate to see him leave after one year. That’s a long way in the future now, though.

Sounds like not only did Arenados get to keep the 2021 opt out but the Cards added a 2022 opt out to sweeten the deal. He will fall in love with St. Louis and the 45,000 fans in the stands every night and will not walk away from a guaranteed 199 million in the original deal.

Last edited:

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I still have a bad taste in my mouth in that they haven't resigned Wong or (especially) Molina. And, what about the outfield? But Aranado is a big move. I hope he is healthy.

STL Dispatch article said theyre in discussions with Molina and expect to close something when he’s back in the US soon. Wainwright said he felt like a lot of teams weren’t interested in signing either of them because the teams didn’t think Waino/Yadi were ever gonna leave STL.

I’ll be disappointed if they can’t figure out something with Wong. His defense is elite.

I’m not as worried about the outfield. They have plus defense with ONeill, Bader, and Carlson. We now have the offense with Goldy and Nolan. Just need some people to get on base!

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Sounds like now only did Arenados get to keep the 2021 opt out but the Cards added a 2022 opt out to sweeten the deal. He will fall in love with St. Louis and the 45,000 fans in the stands every night and will not walk away from a guaranteed 199 million in the original deal.

Lord I hope so. You’d have to think STL would be a welcome change from that dumpster fire in CO.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone and matclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron