***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Sink or Swim, Foster will be getting major minutes game one. I have read many on here who seen him that think he needs some development and I appreciate the opinion and respect it. But, players with XF offers and ranking don't go to a school if they aren't expecting to play. Especially since his goal is to go pro early.

While I don't think Prohm promised him a starting spot right away I believe he did ensure him 20+ minutes with the opportunity to be a starter if he earns that. That is the reality of getting a top 60 recruit, and we've seen it happen with Georges through THT (top 80 guys playing major minutes by Dec)
As Sig noted for ISU to be good Foster figuring it out right away is the the most obvious path. We can pencil him in as the third big with a good chance at stating at PF in January.

here are the last 3 years of big 12 recruits over 6-10 and their freshman stats

Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 10.44.09 AM.png

Reactions: Doc

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Foster being really good really fast would solve a lot of our problems.

a16413de260f216b80de0427994d427b.jpg

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
The freshmen that show up will play but will they be in the Top 7 or 8 on a winning team? I have my doubts on that outside of Foster and Foster will need to play the 4 if he gets significant PT. Is Prohm capable of adjusting, especially defensively, in order to successfully accommodate Foster playing the 4? I have my doubts on that as well.
Why is Foster the most likely to be college ready? His long-term potential based ranking?

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
You think an 8 man rotation will consist of 3 Centers?

Foster may be a center longer term, but I bet he sees more minutes as a 4 than he does a five. Will be interesting to see how he does defensively at the 4, which will likely determine his playing time more than his offense. I saw Jacobsen as a center trapped in a 4's body. Just from what I read, Foster may think of himself as a three trapped in a 5's body!

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
I agree Foster is really talented but Lewis and Griffin would have been the 3rd and 5th highest rated guys on this list. I personally don't think that means much. My opinion was totally based on who is in front of him and how successful Prohm teams have been built. It's tough see George and Solo getting less minutes and I'm hopeful Prohm doesn't try to go with two bigs, its just too far out of his comfort zone.

I don't disagree with your points, yet also realize last year was not the year to evaluate two bigs, or how Prohm could effectively use them because:
- We didn't have great shooting from all three of the other positions around them
- They weren't great one on one away from the paint on D
- Those weren't three great rebounding bigs
- None of the three could really stretch the D to guard them consistently out to the three point line
-From a height standpoint, both Solo and Jacobson were over matched, and Conditt was from a weight/strength standpoint. Will be interesting to see how George and Xavier show up.
-We have more depth with better length at the 3 & 4 than we did last year, but it is mostly unproven. How much those players step up may be the key to effective we can be and how often you see two of the three "bigs" on the roster on the floor.

Reactions: heitclone

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
Reactions: heitclone

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Hard Pass on Nojel Eastern

Hard to even imagine this stat...
He averaged 4.9 points a game this year, never made a single three-pointer, shot only 42 percent from the field and made just 45.5 percent of his free throw.

https://www.si.com/college/purdue/basketball/nobel-eastern-hasty-transfer-decision-michigan
Our offense has not been a problem. Even last year it wasn't the glaring issue. It's been our defense. Eastern would 1000% help that. We have good offensive guys, let's build that defense up.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
LJ Figueroa, Nojel Eastern, Blake Hinson. Those are the guys I'd love (I know we only have room for two). I'd also be fine with only one of those guys, and bank the other scholarship.

Reactions: Cytown12