HS BB & SB

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Eagle Grove has a big new packing plant. Haven't heard of any large corono issues there yet.

Heavy outbreak in Wright County, that's why their school board had a emergency session to reevaluate and cancel the season.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008

A-P baseball team in quarantine. Softball team still playing.

I'm from the area so I know the situation pretty well. From the sounds of it, near the end of last week a non baseball player allegedly knew he was positive and hung out with some baseball players. AP was going to sit and quarantine the 4-5 players even though none of them tested positive (yet). Then another non player got tested last week and was told negative but doctor called back this morning to tell them it got messed up and he actually tested positive. That kid hung out with even more players and they weren't going to have enough to field a team so they cancelled games for two weeks. Take all of this with a grain of salt as it's a lot of he said she said

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
I'm starved for sports. I live less than a mile from WDM Valley, and not much more than that from Dowling and DSM Roosevelt. What are the attendence rules for the general public? Are we outright banned?

CIML rules are the following:
Teams are allowed 28 personnel between coaches and players
Each of those 28 is given two passes per game that can be redeemed for admission
So, do not plan to be a part of the general public unless the game is being held at principal park. The seating there is being configured to allow for about 2000 spectators with several seats zip-tied off.

Waukee4Cy

Feb 4, 2020
Numbers of new cases and deaths are on the decline in Iowa, but I feel like this is about 2 weeks too soon.

NenoFone

Feb 12, 2013
WDM
CIML rules are the following:
Teams are allowed 28 personnel between coaches and players
Each of those 28 is given two passes per game that can be redeemed for admission
So, do not plan to be a part of the general public unless the game is being held at principal park. The seating there is being configured to allow for about 2000 spectators with several seats zip-tied off.
Thanks for the update, well appreciated.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Let's say 1-2 per team on average. They want to be seen by college coaches and, even more important, they want to work on their craft and get better. What should those kids do?
Play PGF like all the other girls who want to be recruited. Coaches don't watch high school softball games. They go to the big travel tournaments like Boulder and Huntington Beach.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I'm from the area so I know the situation pretty well. From the sounds of it, near the end of last week a non baseball player allegedly knew he was positive and hung out with some baseball players. AP was going to sit and quarantine the 4-5 players even though none of them tested positive (yet). Then another non player got tested last week and was told negative but doctor called back this morning to tell them it got messed up and he actually tested positive. That kid hung out with even more players and they weren't going to have enough to field a team so they cancelled games for two weeks. Take all of this with a grain of salt as it's a lot of he said she said

Even if this all didn't happen, it's exactly what will happen and makes high school athletics in small schools really difficult to pull off.

hunttr82

Jul 7, 2009
North Iowa
After one week of play, 5 baseball teams (Aplington-Parkersburg, Iowa Falls-Alden, Le Mars Gehlen, Dubuque Wahlert and Woodbine) and 1 softball team (MMCRU) have suspended their seasons due to the virus.

Help Support Us

Become a patron