2 ISU FB players have Coronavirus

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
There is. I'm probably one of em. I just ascribe to take care of yourself first, because if you cannot take care of yourself how are you able to take care of those you love. If everyone else did you wouldn't see the problems we see today. Good luck getting those that can't or ever will, to try that. Lots of those here.

P.S. I'm rooting for your Bucks after they beat my Raptors in 6.
I just wish I would have ended like a normal year. But I’ll defend their title if they get it! And you are definitely not one of those posters.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
I just wish I would have ended like a normal year. But I’ll defend their title if they get it! And you are definitely not one of those posters.

Appreciate it brotha and I appreciate you and your honesty! Stay safe in these chaotic times and don't let the mob movement waiver from your beliefs

Reactions: awd4cy

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
I do not give a rats ass about you or anyone that is not in my inner circle. So obviously I will not change my routine based on your state of health. Thank God this is America and I'm free to do so

Man, America sounds kind of ******.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
So who cares about all the football players that get it and risk permanent lung damage from it, right? As long as we all get to have fun watching them play this fall!!

Are any of the players there against their will?

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Call me crazy, but I don’t think it’s a good idea to base our health policies around keeping fans calm. Plus if the whole team comes down with it, you’ll see a real freak out and likely multiple players with dangerous effects.

Where do you get the multiple players with dangerous effects? I don't have the statistics but I know the chances of someone healthy in the age range of student athletes being sent to the hospital is way below 1%. It is something like .002 the last I looked, but I don't have the current number.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Where do you get the multiple players with dangerous effects? I don't have the statistics but I know the chances of someone healthy in the age range of student athletes being sent to the hospital is way below 1%. It is something like .002 the last I looked, but I don't have the current number.

Being hospitalized and suffering from long term effects are two separate things.

Reactions: erinmd32

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006

It’s a dangerous virus that affects people differently. That isn’t debatable. Do you know if anyone on the team or in contact with the team have any conditions ? I doubt any of us do. I’m glad Pollard won’t pursue a ridiculous strategy like that which could intentionally endanger the health of our athletes, their families and those in contact with them.

PS - there are plenty of people who are quite sick with sometimes lasting effects who haven’t been hospitalized.

Reactions: cyfanatic

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
These threads wouldn't exist if our AD went the route of Ohio State. Their AD isn't releasing test results.

Then the local media would speculate that most of the positive tests in Story County are a direct result of testing in the athletic department. Facts are better then speculation.

erinmd32

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2015
Last I checked most college athletes who got mono didn't have to go to the hospital that didn't mean they were not out for a large part of the season. Tyrese Haliburton didn't spend anytime in the hospital with his broken wrist that didn't mean he didn't miss a large part of the season.

For whatever reason covid has become so ridiculously polarizing. Whether you agree with the risk or not it still doesn't change the fact that covid will have a large impact on the season.

We have seen players being wiped out playing differently when suffering from influenza or the stomach bug.

At the end of the day we do not know much about the long term effects of covid even if you weren't hospitalized. A player could get it and be out for awhile due to self-isolation they could also be out awhile because their body could be wiped.

At the end of the day we just don't know but these are all things that could easily happen. This is the hard part of football season, not changing the seating in the stadium or limiting tailgating hours.

Also, most

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Always hated when my parents said this but everyone should just start worrying about themselves. *****ing and complaining that someone isn’t wearing a mask or a place makes you wear one does nothing. Colleges are gonna start up and cases are going to rise it’s inevitable. Stay home if you want or go out if you want pretty simple.

I'm sorry, but this is the kind of thinking that will sink us.

America is f***ed! We're so spoiled, and can't live without any of our comforts in life.

If we're seeing these cases rise in various states all over the country right now in June... just wait until fall... it will be scary stuff.

And as far as I know, Trump is doing nothing to prepare for a possible 2nd wave, that if it hits when the flu does.... is going to strain our hospitals way worse than it did this spring.

Reactions: erinmd32

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
Yeah, more reports coming out of people getting the virus and taking months to fully recover. This can significantly impact life for younger people for a long time.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron