2 ISU FB players have Coronavirus

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Money is needed for general human survival, true, but things like football that are there for our entertainment is not based on survival.

This is not for survival.

View attachment 72762
You’re going the wrong direction with that. As in, the self-centered perspective.

$$ = scholarships = roof over heads + food = a better future

For many kids. And for some, it means survival.

I still remember the story a few years back about a homeless kid who rode a child’s bike some long distance to get to college—where he had a scholarship waiting. Two deputies found him and helped him out.

Pardon me for not recalling the details. I think they found him camped out on campus before the dorms opened, and chipped in to get him a hotel room.

Not all cops are racist.

Reactions: cygrads

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
I've made nearly 300% in the market off these morons this year. They are profitable indeed
You didn't make a dime off of liberals, you made all your money off of morons that pulled all of theirs out and crashed their own markets. Can't tell me all of those people crashing entire industries are lazy, jobless libs like normal.

Also, way to make it political, cave non-subscriber.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
You didn't make a dime off of liberals, you made all your money off of morons that pulled all of theirs out and crashed their own markets. Can't tell me all of those people crashing entire industries are lazy, jobless libs like normal.

Also, way to make it political, cave non-subscriber.

1.) You're making large, incorrect assumptions about how I made the money

2.) To insinuate that I would think losing your job during this crisis somehow equates to a person being a "lazy lib" is flat out wrong. I feel terrible for anyone that lost their job or business during this, regardless of where they side on the political spectrum.

A mod, rightfully so, warned me about incorporating politics in this thread with my earlier posts. Ill leave it at that and will not reply to the political jab you inevitably have on deck

• Dumb
Reactions: CyDude16

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
1.) You're making large, incorrect assumptions about how I made the money

2.) To insinuate that I would think losing your job during this crisis somehow equates to a person being a "lazy lib" is flat out wrong. I feel terrible for anyone that lost their job or business during this, regardless of where they side on the political spectrum.

A mod, rightfully so, warned me about incorporating politics in this thread with my earlier posts. Ill leave it at that and will not reply to the political jab you inevitably have on deck
1.) If you made it off the stock market this year and blamed liberals for it, you obviously bought up during the crash and rode it upwards (good choice). Otherwise, what exactly are you flexing an e-peen about? How many dollars you just unintentionally made per dead body in a faked crisis, or what? What other interpretation is there?

2.) I didn't say anything about people losing jobs now, I'm just calling out the usual anti-lib tropes you and others like you mindlessly spew out in times like this (such as this very thread). You did that to yourself. Again, it's not stereotypical "libs" controlling Wall Street.

I didn't make this political, you did. Which is how most threads with your involvement go. I can't understand how a guy who complains all the time about people making things political, and avoids the board dedicated to this, also spends all of his time making **** political. Imagine that.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The problem is, by that logic all non-essential businesses should stay shut down since they aren't needed for survival. How long should they stay shut down for? 18 months? Until we have a vaccine? We shut down non-essential businesses for 2-3 months (depending on the state) and it led to the fastest unemployment increase in known history and 20% unemployment. Imagine what that would look like with another 18 months.

Also, is playing football more dangerous than attending classes and living around campus in general for the athletes? I wouldn't think so.

Where did I mention shutting things down, or for 18 months? That's not where I was going with it, and I'm not advocating for being or staying shut down. I'm also not even saying whether or not football should be played.

Somebody working for a living even in a non-essential business that keeps their ability afloat to be able to have food and shelter, which are basics, which many people struggle with despite lots of work, is very different than the $ billions that are spent on a game for entertainment, and means that money is not prioritized for basic needs.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
You’re going the wrong direction with that. As in, the self-centered perspective.

$$ = scholarships = roof over heads + food = a better future

For many kids. And for some, it means survival.

I still remember the story a few years back about a homeless kid who rode a child’s bike some long distance to get to college—where he had a scholarship waiting. Two deputies found him and helped him out.

Pardon me for not recalling the details. I think they found him camped out on campus before the dorms opened, and chipped in to get him a hotel room.

Not all cops are racist.

Did my post say ANYTHING about cops and race or ANYTHING about kids and scholarships?

And I'm going the wrong direction?

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Hmmm. Sleight of hand? When I first read about this, it was from the DMR. If you take your eye off the ball (ie Fiasco in Iowa City), and redirect it to the illusion (ie Covid in Ames), all of a sudden Iowa City becomes less important. And after a little while restores the faith of the Iowa fanbase. If I were the PR director at Iowa, that'd be something I'd cook up to reduce the media pressure. Just a thought.....

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Where did I mention shutting things down, or for 18 months? That's not where I was going with it, and I'm not advocating for being or staying shut down. I'm also not even saying whether or not football should be played.

Somebody working for a living even in a non-essential business that keeps their ability afloat to be able to have food and shelter, which are basics, which many people struggle with despite lots of work, is very different than the $ billions that are spent on a game for entertainment, and means that money is not prioritized for basic needs.
while I think all this is true I have seen too many examples of what 18-25 year olds are doing in this pandemic. And it’s not social distancing and it’s not mask wearing in public. I honestly believe the structure of the program and workouts, frequent testing, and other precautions will make the players less likely to contract this virus in football activities compared to what they are doing now.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
while I think all this is true I have seen too many examples of what 18-25 year olds are doing in this pandemic. And it’s not social distancing and it’s not mask wearing in public. I honestly believe the structure of the program and workouts, frequent testing, and other precautions will make the players less likely to contract this virus in football activities compared to what they are doing now.

Yeah we're at the bar living our life. YOUR personal safety is not OUR responsibility.

• Dumb

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Yeah we're at the bar living our life. YOUR personal safety is not OUR responsibility.

Of course, taking minor safety precautions to protect the lives and welfare of our community and fellow Americans is a responsibility that all decent human beings feel.

Reactions: cyfanatic

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Of course, taking minor safety precautions to protect the lives and welfare of our community and fellow Americans is a responsibility that all decent human beings feel.

Nope, if I speed in my car and hit you, you should have gotten out of the way.

*sarcasm* but let's be real, that's the mindset of many in selective arenas. It's intriguing.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Yeah you'd think as the intensity and frequency of workouts and such go on, the less time they have to really do much of anything else. But, it's only June. People like to be out.

I was out today a bit and around an outdoor mall...the range of age was pretty wide for people that basically made it look like the pandemic isn't happening.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
Always hated when my parents said this but everyone should just start worrying about themselves. *****ing and complaining that someone isn’t wearing a mask or a place makes you wear one does nothing. Colleges are gonna start up and cases are going to rise it’s inevitable. Stay home if you want or go out if you want pretty simple.

• Dumb

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines

I do not give a rats ass about you or anyone that is not in my inner circle. So obviously I will not change my routine based on your state of health. Thank God this is America and I'm free to do so

• Dumb

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I do not give a rats ass about you or anyone that is not in my inner circle. So obviously I will not change my routine based on your state of health. Thank God this is America and I'm free to do so
I’m with you. There are definitely plenty of pieces of **** on here. Don’t see any reason to give a **** about their well being.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
I’m with you. There are definitely plenty of pieces of **** on here. Don’t see any reason to give a **** about their well being.

There is. I'm probably one of em. I just ascribe to take care of yourself first, because if you cannot take care of yourself how are you able to take care of those you love. If everyone else did you wouldn't see the problems we see today. Good luck getting those that can't or ever will, to try that. Lots of those here.

P.S. I'm rooting for your Bucks after they beat my Raptors in 6.

• Dumb
Reactions: CyDude16 and awd4cy