2 ISU FB players have Coronavirus

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
So yeah... the players should just assume it won't harm their lungs for life and risk it?

I'm not sure if they know yet all the damage it does, or to what aged people.... but you don't think some players might decide not to risk it this season?
I can only speak for the handful of players I train and have talked to this Spring, mainly from Notre Dame, Indiana, and Illinois, they are ready to get back to playing. They all agreed, they are more worried about head and neck injuries, not Covid. (Their words, not mine).

I’m sure there will be some players that opt to sit out until a vaccine or treatment is available, especially those with an underlying health condition.

Reactions: Doc

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
So yeah... the players should just assume it won't harm their lungs for life and risk it?

I'm not sure if they know yet all the damage it does, or to what aged people.... but you don't think some players might decide not to risk it this season?

It's possible some kids won't take the risk and decide to redshirt.

But if young kids are willing to go to bars, attend mass protests, go to beach, etc. I think they aren't too worried.

Also you are assuming we don't see significant changes to football protocols:
  • Will all players be required to use mask shield while playing.
  • Everyone on sideline wears helmet, mask or face shield.
  • Elimination of sideline passes
  • All players wear gloves
  • Single use water/Gatorade
  • Facilities sprayed with chemicals that kill virus and also prevent virus from spreading to surfaces.
College football will learn a lot from NBA, MLB and PGA during July/August.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
I can only speak for the handful of players I train and have talked to this Spring, mainly from Notre Dame, Indiana, and Illinois, they are ready to get back to playing. They all agreed, they are more worried about head and neck injuries, not Covid. (Their words, not mine).

I’m sure there will be some players that opt to sit out until a vaccine or treatment is available, especially those with an underlying health condition.

Most college athletes are probably going to be asymptomatic, right? Do they care about all the people in their community they're going to infect? College towns will be the new packing plants this fall only worse.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
It's possible some kids won't take the risk and decide to redshirt.

But if young kids are willing to go to bars, attend mass protests, go to beach, etc. I think they aren't too worried

Also you are assuming we don't see significant changes to football protocols:
  • Will all players be required to use mask shield while playing.
  • Everyone on sideline wears helmet, mask or face shield.
  • Elimination of sideline passes
  • All players wear gloves
  • Single use water/Gatorade
  • Facilities sprayed with chemicals that kill virus and also prevent virus from spreading to surfaces.
College football will learn a lot from NBA, MLB and PGA during July/August.

Completely agree which is terrifying.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown

Shocking that a bunch of young jocks who think they are invincible are ready to start playing again. I'm sure they are thinking about the greater risk to the general public too.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
It's not very hard to pick out which posters on here whose lives completely revolve around there being ISU football in the fall.

It's even more important than people's health..... or lives.

No we're just not complete ******* idiots who fall for this media pedaled ********. Then again I didn't expect you to pull back on your sky is falling routine

• Dumb
Reactions: CyDude16

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
No we're just not complete ******* idiots who fall for this media pedaled ********. Then again I didn't expect you to pull back on your sky is falling routine
200k people dead by the end of august.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Well this thread is clearly headed for the cave, which I opt out of. So I guess this is where I say bye. Love you!

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
It's not very hard to pick out which posters on here whose lives completely revolve around there being ISU football in the fall.

It's even more important than people's health..... or lives.

It's also easy to spot the sky is falling crowd. Who don't seem to think we will know a lot more in 30-60 days.

Also, I am confident President Wintersteen & Jamie Pollard will make decisions that are best for student athlete safety.

The AD must plan for sport seasons. After all, everything can be shutdown in hours. Who would have thought on Wednesday afternoon of Big12 Basketball Tournament that the ISU vs. OSU would end the season?