Attendance policy from JP...

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017
If I had to guess, season tickets will be capped like has already been announced. If we get to the fall and things look good then some single game tickets will be made available, which can be done on a game by game basis as things progress and change.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
But social distancing is still expected.

Exactly...she still claims that restaurants have to keep parties 6 feet apart, but if they can do that with more than 50% in attendance, they can.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Agree, I think with the fair being cancelled that indicates the most we will have in JTS is 50%.
It’s been said but I remember going to a lot of games in the 90’s with my old man where 50% capacity would be impressive. Damn good two hand touch games on the hills though. Plenty of space.

Reactions: Macloney

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Agree, I think with the fair being cancelled that indicates the most we will have in JTS is 50%.

Disagree. With all the restrictions on capacity being limited everywhere else, I think its more likely that we'll be closer to full capacity.

They won't publicly say it but a big reason the fair was canceled was because pretty much all of the grandstand acts have canceled their tours for the year. Way better financially for the fair to push those contracts into next year rather than operate a fair this year without that revenue stream.

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
Disagree. With all the restrictions on capacity being limited everywhere else, I think its more likely that we'll be closer to full capacity.

They won't publicly say it but a big reason the fair was canceled was because pretty much all of the grandstand acts have canceled their tours for the year. Way better financially for the fair to push those contracts into next year rather than operate a fair this year without that revenue stream.
Only one had postponed. The others were probably holding out waiting for the SF to make the call. That way they were not breaking any contracts

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
It’s been said but I remember going to a lot of games in the 90’s with my old man where 50% capacity would be impressive. Damn good two hand touch games on the hills though. Plenty of space.
It'll be weird only having half capacity when we win 10 games and clinch a spot in the Big 12 championship game. Oh well, glad ill be there.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
It'll be weird only having half capacity when we win 10 games and clinch a spot in the Big 12 championship game. Oh well, glad ill be there.
If the former happens, no way there’s not a horrid second wave of corona or outbreak of murder hornets and they don’t play the game and declare no 2020 champ. Guaranteed.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Sadly, we all know this would be true.
Not to piss even more in your Cheerios but you also know that if that happened, there’s also zero chance Brock plays his senior year out.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Not to piss even more in your Cheerios but you also know that if that happened, there’s also zero chance Brock plays his senior year out.
Still would be worth it to have that type of season though. He could be on a 8-5 team this year and could still be gone.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
That's the thing...it is all but guaranteed that players are going to test positive in June, in July, in August, etc. unless you totally isolate them and the staffs from the rest of the student body. What happens if right before Iowa game, either Iowa or Iowa State have several starters test positive? Suspect a lot of players may see the field this season...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron