Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Gonzo, they haven't made one statement regarding the allegations. The last thing Kirk put out publicly was that he hadn't heard of anything like that happening within his program and then s*** started hitting the fan.

Have you met our AD?

01_18_gary_barta_0008g_0.0.jpg

erinmd32

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2015
Kxno right now is just embarrassing.

Maybe not intentionally but it is coming off as the black guest needs to explain why it's racist and the white guys keep saying "it's just motivation and maybe they don't have as nice of personality as you."

Not great.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I listened to it. I understand a bit more why Kirk hasn't addressed everything at this point. He's being looked at too in all of this. I'm more interested as to why Barta hasn't said anything at all.

There's a Paw Patrol marathon on. Maybe once that gets over he will make a statement.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Ha- we haven't huddled, taken a snap under center, used a true fullback, stuck with the same uniform, or regularly employed a four man front on defense for like two decades. But, whatevs.
I don't think this had to do with the parallels between our style of play lol. I think this fan Is so clueless he thinks taking a knee for social justice is the same as adding black back into our color scheme.

I also think he's missing the point that Iowa is going to knee this year because Coach Ferentz and the program got exposed. Kirk wouldn't have allowed that. On the other hand Campbell has already said he'd let his players do what they would like back in 2017, and if we kneel now together, we'd be doing it to protest the type of injustices that have gone on in programs like the one that moron roots for.

Last edited:

Jammin’

Jul 18, 2009
Ames-Mia-Atx
If we had an AD worth anything, it would be him/her. Absent that, the university president. Absent that, the BoR.

Hey Gonzo, I'm not trying to flame here and come in good faith and believe everybody is innocent until proven guilty and I hope we actual see some kind of 3rd party outside investigation and not just another quick internal self review.

Anyway, since you brought up the president of Iowa, I want you to read this DMR register article on that hiring process. I'll link it below.

After you read that and remembering Bruce Rastetter, who was the head of BOR and is an enormously large KF supporter and donor, can you see why a lot of people are just getting tired of the Iowa way.

Look I'm not calling for anybody to be let go or whatever, I just want everybody to be heard and let the chips fall where they may for once.

Racial issues aside for a moment, and focusing on the student athlete education environment

It's getting really hard for me to accept the silence of not having any kind of university response or statement to the Iowa football player student/player who had an known learning disability by the coaches and was still frequently mocked so bad by multiple coaches on the staff and in front of other players that he had to transfer. The kid wanted to speak up but he was too afraid.......This is a coming from a highly rated white Iowa kid that wanted nothing more in life than to play football at Iowa.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...ent-search-regents-university-iowa/711533001/

Last edited:

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Getting FOIA requests granted isn't an easy process. Sorry but I bet these guys are working on stuff. At least the ones that aren't furloughed. I have just gotten sick of blame the media crap. After a certain president attacking press for four years I am sick of it. Two of the writers that cover the team did a two hour podcast on the issues. One of them talked to 3 former hawkeyes about the program.

If you can’t see how the media manipulates what want you to see these days I don’t know what to tell you.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
If we had an AD worth anything, it would be him/her. Absent that, the university president. Absent that, the BoR.

Barta is sucking his thumb thinking it will all blow over. Prez BH is busy guiding the IT staff to make things disappear (see political forum on Hillary about Benghazi). BF is going "Daddy, what should we do?" BoR is taking it all in waiting for a response from the athletic department. Our governor is more worried about covering up her gray hair than anything right now. KF is like "Honey, you need to get me more gum. I'm going through a pack every couple of hours now with all this going on."

Reactions: beentherebefore
Status
Not open for further replies.