Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

weeterkane

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2009
DM
DJK lasted about 3 months in the CFL before being cut. He was signed by the Barnstormers and was released in less than 2 months. He was resigned by Montreal in the CFL in June of 2012 and lasted less than 2 weeks before being released.

Is it that shocking that a guy that couldnt cut it in the CFL and Arena League and who was also kicked off his college team and expelled from school didnt get an NFL look?

The NFL, especially at that time, will take chances on guys with character issues as long as they can play. They arent going to take a chance on a guy that couldnt even play a game in the CFL or Arena League.

A lot of the victims of Iowa Football, had mental health impacts due to the bullying. It's likely DJK felt this more than others, and that impacted his performance and ability to succeed at the next level. Ferentz is an evil man.

werdnamanhill

(⌐■_■)
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 23, 2017
Eastern IA -> Raleigh, NC -> Madison, WI
To add a point to this, Rob Howe was actually interviewed right before the HN owner was. At the end of the interview he talked about how he's not enjoying this at all (as if any intelligent person would think he is) and at the end of his answer, his voice seemed to crack a bit and he said something like, "if I still have a job." Kind of got real there all of a sudden.

Feel bad for the dude, It was awesome when he was shutting down idiots on his twitter feed.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
DJK couldn't stick/hack it in the arena league.
I'll go out on a limb and say motivation to stick in the arena league is just a wee bit different than motivation to stick in the NFL, especially for a guy that believes he is NFL-caliber but won't get an opportunity (whether he's right or wrong).

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Why would Kirk, or any coach, publicly talk about the issues one player caused during his 5 years in the program? Especially one that was kicked off the team and expelled from school.
There is an obvious difference between publicly explaining the situation without giving away too many details, and completely throwing DJK under the bus.

Reactions: aauummm

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
FYI....been compiling Gary Barta blunders/PR nightmares (whatever you want to call it) from multiple websites and holy crap there is more than I even knew about. Working on a timeline.....stay tuned.

Should contact somebody in the know at Wyoming to see what he peed down his leg before he got to Iowa. Ben Durbin played there for a few years, maybe he can tell you who a good contact would be.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Should contact somebody in the know at Wyoming to see what he peed down his leg before he got to Iowa. Ben Durbin played there for a few years, maybe he can tell you who a good contact would be.

Yeah he obviously has some business sense to him to work his way up. I think his best move should have been to hire a person PR consultant.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
What happened to the all the outspoken hawk trolls? Did they go into hiding like Barta did? Wondering if Iowa will asterisk the first 21 years under KF or just with start with the "new equality era"

KcCyclone77

Sep 21, 2017
Will this interview with Chris be posted anywhere?

God I hope so. The interview started with Chris asking Joe if he took this story down like they did with the Barta story some years back. Joe got defensive real quick and told Chris that they never took down a story about Barta, then he goes to say "if we took the Barta story down, we put it back up". Then later in the interview, he mentions that they did indeed took the Barta story down. It was pretty great.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
A lot of the victims of Iowa Football, had mental health impacts due to the bullying. It's likely DJK felt this more than others, and that impacted his performance and ability to succeed at the next level. Ferentz is an evil man.
Imagine refuting this claim, that the victims here did not suffer any mental impacts due to bullying, when there was a player who was made fun of for having a learning disability by a staff member. That was allowed to happen.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis

giphy.gif

jpete24

Wearing nut cup since 2002
SuperFanatic
Mar 25, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I feel like at this point I need a timeline of events. This has really evolved over time and it's difficult to keep track of how toxic it has gotten out east.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
He was a fringe prospect who just got busted for cocaine. No wonder he wasn't drafted. This isn't Joe Mixon we are talking about here.

I ran in the some of the same circles as Derrell in college. He was a regular at a bar that I tended at (Martinis) where I also worked along side Brady(His roomate that got busted with him). The guy is a complete sociopath and narcissist. Anybody that was around him knew that he was heavily involved in the Iowa City Drug Scene. Hell, I can't tell you how many times we had complaints from him doing blow in the bathroom.

Let's see, complete sociopath, narcissist and drug user. Sound to me like he was made for pro sports.

Reactions: aauummm
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron