Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Back around to this. Sure Jamie was asked to leave a kid's bball game or has complained about getting a fair ref shake in football (hello apology wall) but he was devastated and cried when Celia was murdered. He poured his soul out on TV. He was hurt there were band accusations, literally hurt at the thought of it.

I'm so glad he's here.

Favorite JP quote was aftwr Chizik ditched ISU "Jamie Pollard would never do that to this place."

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Losing Dillon Doyle is a big deal. The kid started 3 games as a freshman and was going to be the starting MLB this year

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
IRT to pulling the article. We all have thought/known that the UofI holds press passes over the heads of those wanting access (goes back to the early 80s). Hawkeye Nation, LLC is owned privately, however Hawkeye Nation is trademarked by the University. In my opinion and with just this data, I am sure the University allows the trademarked name Hawkeye Nation to be used by this site/company, but Iowa can bring the hammer down at anytime. In other words, it seems the publisher/owner is beholden to Iowa and not really independent in any sense.

*will correct opinion based on new factual information.

Reactions: tyrelrobert

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Someone commented on that Tweet by Rob.. "All stories are valid. Except this one. Not at this important time at Iowa and the world. Mixing this in was dangerous and you should issue public apology. Shameful. Take ownership Rob. Total BS"

Obviously just a single statement made by a single Iowa fan, however the rhetoric sounds fairly familiar to other Iowa fan's comments.
Go read the comments from when he originally posted it. It will blow your mind. SOOOO many hawk fans call him trash and saying it's all a made up BS story. I couldn't believe what I was reading from people

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
Maybe a play in spot for not paying the contractors on the Children's Hospital Contract. Not sports related or it would be a higher seed.

Maybe an 8 seed for calling the "Wave" a new "tradition" the first time they did it.

Reactions: aauummm

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Go read the comments from when he originally posted it. It will blow your mind. SOOOO many hawk fans call him trash and saying it's all a made up BS story. I couldn't believe what I was reading from people
Yeah, it’s really bad. Rick Brown sent out a tweet backing Howe and they are saying awful things to him too.

Reactions: Stewo and aauummm

GingerNinja

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2012
Omaha

giphy.gif

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Oh yeah. I saw it. Also saw burner accounts no doubt made by those within the Iowa program. Lol

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Some low seeds.

Barta giving Fran a secret extension

Saying that he hired Brian Ferentz and not Kirk, instead of just saying he would be the boss

Barta having the illegal free tuition give away for student tickets.

The free pizza scheme as a play in game.

Reactions: aauummm

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Him transferring says all we need to know right?

No matter what's you have to think it would be difficult for him at Iowa moving forward. While I think Doyle is for sure gone,I would guess his kid would probably want/need to leave anyway.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
(wipes sweat from forehead)

Just for clarification: I would have run the DJK interview through sources if I was in charge over there. I would have - based on his history - checked it for credibility. But I wouldn't have just thrown it out.

I called Rob this morning to invite him on the show to talk about all of his reporting. Then HN took it down. It bothered me so we reached out to Joe to tell him that I was going to come down on the decision and give him an opportunity to share his side.

I'm not perfect. Neither is our site. What bothered me is hanging his employee out to dry like that. That bothered me more than any of the journalistic conversation to be had - and there is a lot of it.

I feel really bad for Rob Howe tonight.

Thanks for the input on the article Rob ran, your approach seems like the better one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron