Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
If anyone recalls when Steve Deace was on KXNO, but he said multiple times something along these lines. When he started covering Hawkeye/Cyclones he went to IC and the good 'ol boy culture was really pervasive. No one reporter ever dared to ask the Head Iowa Football coach a tough question. No one dared asked for anything other than what Fry/Ferentz spouted. Never. As a reporter in IC your job was to turn on the tape recorder sit back and admire the HC. One of the reasons he began cheering for ISU is because ISU was very open and honest with reporters (with the few that paid any attention to ISU at the time).
Similar situation as to how Iowa reporters cover Iowa Basketball. Can't ask any of the tough questions.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
If anyone recalls when Steve Deace was on KXNO, but he said multiple times something along these lines. When he started covering Hawkeye/Cyclones he went to IC and the good 'ol boy culture was really pervasive. No one reporter ever dared to ask the Head Iowa Football coach a tough question. No one dared asked for anything other than what Fry/Ferentz spouted. Never. As a reporter in IC your job was to turn on the tape recorder sit back and admire the HC. One of the reasons he began cheering for ISU is because ISU was very open and honest with reporters (with the few that paid any attention to ISU at the time).
Wasn't there something with Chris Hassel and not getting access after spoofing the Iowa football (or was it basketball) program for SoundOff? It had to have been right before he left for ESPN.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
At some point, we're going to circle back as to why you are in a group chat with Iowa football players. In the meantime, good info.
He is clearly a mental health care provider :)

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
The saddest part about Doyle’s et als actions is that despite all of this they are good coaches. Why is God’s name do you need to use racial overtones to motivate kids? One sign of a great coach is to find ways of motivating each individual guy. There are many ways to motivate driven athletes to succeed without bringing up their race.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
The saddest part about Doyle’s et als actions is that despite all of this they are good coaches. Why is God’s name do you need to use racial overtones to motivate kids? One sign of a great coach is to find ways of motivating each individual guy. There are many ways to motivate driven athletes to succeed without bringing up their race.
Maybe, and I'm just spit balling here, because they might be a little bit racist?

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Multiple things can be true at the same time, despite the binary thoughts most people have.

DJK could be a cocky ass.
DJK could have had drug problems.
DJK could even have been a PITA.

But even if that is all true (don't know), the following could also all be true...

KF could have known about all these things.
KF could have covered for Doyle.
KF could even be a racist piece of ****.

It's not always a simple choice between is somebody a stand-up person while being treated horribly, or a horrible person getting what they deserve. There can be horrible people that still get **** on by racists.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Wasn't there something with Chris Hassel and not getting access after spoofing the Iowa football (or was it basketball) program for SoundOff? It had to have been right before he left for ESPN.
To his credit, Hassel took a few shots at Iowa.
The Lil Lick piece was hilarious

This even forced Murphy himself to write an apology
https://who13.com/news/blogs/the-lickliter-spoof-fallout/

The other was a spoof of Fran throwing chairs. I can't find this video.
I'm pretty sure I've heard this one is the reason Fran won't do interviews with Murph and Andy on KXNO.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
Wasn't this some of the issues with Noah Fant? Like he wasn't getting the ball? Mind you they had an all world guy on the other side too, but I remember him and his parents biting their lips and getting out as soon as they can. Maybe they didn't speak up because they didn't want KF costing him money in the draft.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Maybe, and I'm just spit balling here, because they might be a little bit racist?

Possible. One thing is for sure. They are all huge ********. Already knew that about Brian Ferentz. No way I would let my son play there. The vast majority of NFL players didn't go to Iowa. Spare me the "they send you to the NFL" ********. A ton so programs send kids to the NFL that don't have dickhead bully racist coaches.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Totally agree there, but it just blows my mind in this day and age that someone would be that open.
Yeah and that's why this whole thing is so messed up, but it's been brought up that this has been how Kirk has handled things since the beginning. He has not strayed away from his way really at all. As one article pointed out, Iowa was living in the 80's still.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Yeah and that's why this whole thing is so messed up, but it's been brought up that this has been how Kirk has handled things since the beginning. He has not strayed away from his way really at all. As one article pointed out, Iowa was living in the 80's still.

Which is interesting because Hayden wasn’t likely a racist, at least nobody ever said he was (I know different times). In fact he was somewhat of a pioneer in recruiting black players in his early days at his previous stops.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Possible. One thing is for sure. They are all huge ********. Already knew that about Brian Ferentz. No way I would let my son play there. The vast majority of NFL players didn't go to Iowa. Spare me the "they send you to the NFL" ********. A ton so programs send kids to the NFL that don't have dickhead bully racist coaches.
Yeah they're for sure fake. They preach this persona that they're high and mighty and do things the right way and now they're the epitome of exactly what not to do as far as program culture goes.

erinmd32

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2015
Wow. Iowa made them take it down

Does anyone know who the owners of Hawkeye Nation are? When things like this happen it's hard to not think about the rumors of the media in this state and how they are suppose to report on Iowa sports. And those rumors have been around since Lute Olson.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Does anyone know who the owners of Hawkeye Nation are? When things like this happen it's hard to not think about the rumors of the media in this state and how they are suppose to report on Iowa sports. And those rumors have been around since Lute Olson.

Not sure who the owners are. Obviously they were told they would lose their credentials if they didn't take it down. Crazy

Reactions: erinmd32

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Wow. Iowa made them take it down

Someone commented on that Tweet by Rob.. "All stories are valid. Except this one. Not at this important time at Iowa and the world. Mixing this in was dangerous and you should issue public apology. Shameful. Take ownership Rob. Total BS"

Obviously just a single statement made by a single Iowa fan, however the rhetoric sounds fairly familiar to other Iowa fan's comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron