Register is VERY quiet...

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
What do you expect? People with a following can put out their own statements. And any investigating reporting by them can't be done in a matter of days. And Hawk Central, run by them, has been putting out stuff.

I know everyone loves to pile on them (and often times rightfully so) but honest question, what are they supposed to do?

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
What do you expect? People with a following can put out their own statements. And any investigating reporting by them can't be done in a matter of days. And Hawk Central, run by them, has been putting out stuff.

I know everyone loves to pile on them (and often times rightfully so) but honest question, what are they supposed to do?

**** something up so we can get mad at them, duh.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez

Die

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Too bad RandyP doesn't cover the Hoks. There would have been a lot of hard-hitting stories by now...

Reactions: irish

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Tommy John was about to write a false equivalency story about all of the race problems ISU football has but he got demoted to HS Sports.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Tommy John was about to write a false equivalency story about all of the race problems ISU football has but he got demoted to HS Sports.

Whotv will probbaly roll out "Biggest Iowa Sports _________" stupid things on their news

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
FWIW, Chad is on furlough this week and can't do anything. I asked him to come on the radio show yesterday and he couldn't.
Not arguing but Chad has retweeted a bunch of stuff up until 20 hrs ago. Did his furlough start right at your show's time slot yesterday? I think Randy went on furlough recently because he mentioned during one of the the shows that he couldn't use his Twitter account for any reason during that time.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
The Hawk football players are taking to Twitter with their new freedom to post which is better than trying to get through all of the ads to get to the nothingburger articles in USAToday Des Moines. Some interesting statements for sure. Not going to crow too much though, it's not like it's a problem only at Iowa and I'm a pretty big "**** Iowa" guy when it comes to their football fans.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Yeah, but it is much more fun for some on here to play blame the media.

There's plenty to complain about besides Leistikow. And not just in the Register but sports media for most of Iowa. I've done so in the lengthy thread on the rivalry board. The volume of coverage has been fairly weak but the tone of the coverage has been even weaker - by that I mean that it doesn't challenge the Iowa football program in any meaningful way. They're all getting lapped by national media and Hawkeye fan web sites of all places.

I'll freely admit I can't consume every bit of media out there, but I do consume a lot. And I'm just not seeing the signs that most places are giving this the weight it deserves.

erinmd32

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2015
I just wish some media were as upset as these allegations and ran on hearsey as they did in September with the whole marching band fiasco.

Reactions: great2baclone