Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
How about a "Ban" button? If an individual gets a certain number of "Ban" votes in the same thread, say 50, then that individual gets a 2 day timeout. As the number of "Ban" votes increases then the timeout penalty would get more severe.
Cancel culture is fun.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Anyone remember that scene in House of Cards where Frank sees the newspaper with absolutely damning evidence connecting the dots for all his skeletons? He then proceeds to yell "How did this happen?!?"

I can just imagine Barta/KF/BF in a room wondering how they're going to get out of this.
I have no idea if they're going to be able to get out of this current mess, but Barta and KF were able to come out pretty clean in 2007 when they met with the female student athlete that got raped by two football players. People forget about that though. This strangulation of power by those in positions of authority has been happening for years there.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
If you think the trash can story is a lie you’re out of your mind. It was actually during a coaches clinic day and was widely discussed at the time.

He was forced to hold/carry the trash can. LOL if you think the coaches would force a player to walk around with a trash can on his hand at a coaches clinic day.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I have no idea if they're going to be able to get out of this current mess, but Barta and KF were able to come out pretty clean in 2007 when they met with the female student athlete that got raped by two football players. People forget about that though. This strangulation of power by those in positions of authority has been happening for years there.

I wonder how that situation plays out today with social media in full force. It was just in its infancy then.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
Is the Hawkeye Nation site crashed? I can't seem to get to the article.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
It's honestly not every Iowa fan.. I probably saw a 50/50 split on Twitter last night of Hawk fans that were shocked, pissed, disappointed, disgusted, etc. Many had the opinion that even if 50% of what DJK said was true, Kirk is going to be in some very hot water.

Like Susan Collins level of disappointed?

Saying you're disappointed on Twitter is easy to do. Are you going to support action to prevent this in the future?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I wonder how that situation plays out today with social media in full force. It was just in its infancy then.
I would not be surprised at all if that story gets brought up. Think about that. The athletic director and the head football coach for a Division 1 university met with the woman who was raped by two football players.. She was raped by one, passed out, and was raped by the other and had to tell that story to the both of them. The woman claimed she and her family were pressured by them to "keep the case informal" or "within the athletics department" instead of a formal process that would be "long and arduous".

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
Becoming very clear what happened. If someone has more energy than I have, there was an SI article 10-12 years ago that detailed what schools had the most arrests - Penn St and Iowa were in the top five.

KK and CD clearly had a system - I bring them in and you re-socialize them.......I will look other way. You don't hear any assistant coaches talking - they all knew what was up. Where were they? Where were the black asst coaches?

No way KK knew nothing - total lie.

The hubris of the big tin is overwhelming. Penn St, Michigan State, Ohio State (doctor abuse for 20 years), and now iowa. Most of the North cities are still segregated, unfortunately. Most of the big tin sits the oldest segregated towns in America - more than the south.

It also exposing the majority of their fans - a bunch of knuckle-dragging neanderthals who have never left Iowa or their section 8 housing. And yes, they are the most vocal.

Where are the white players? You don't hear anything from them - they should be defending KK or the players. Silence is deafening.

What a system.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Gregg Doyle is an ******* and overall a hack. Has been for years.

Not that I follow every step of the guy's career, but I don't think that's true anymore. He could be a hack at times while he was at CBS Sports, and sometimes seemed more interested in throwing bombs than being a real reporter. He made the unusual move of going from a national sports guy to a local sports columnist in Indy and really seemed to have matured.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. And I'm not sure where along this journey he was in 2013 or whenever he sent those tweets.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020

DJK tweeted all this stuff out and claimed he was going to write a book about it.

Tony Moeaki tweet: “Former Iowa teammates include multiple NFL players, wwe wrestler, an actor, some medical sale reps, teachers and now an author of fiction”

Julian Vandevelde:
“Have you read some of the crap he's writing?
I wonder if he realizes they're going to have to sell his book out of the "fiction" section. Haha”

Riley Reiff:
“DJK. One of life’s losers. What a piece of ****.

Marcus Schnoor:
“DJK. All ex-players least favorite Hawkeye of all time. Sorry you were a piece. Now go write your fiction book!”

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Like Susan Collins level of disappointed?

Saying you're disappointed on Twitter is easy to do. Are you going to support action to prevent this in the future?
I saw a ton of Hawkeye fans that were saying if this is true, it proves that Doyle and Kirk both need to go. It proved that Kirk is not clean whatsoever in all of this and knew every single little detail that Doyle and others were doing.

Reactions: aauummm

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Unfortunately I'm not sure on that. Kendal Briles hasn't skipped a beat.

Again, I think a pointed question to Brian of "did you ever hear or do anything out of line in the weight room, on the field, in an office?"
No? OK
Yes? What did you you?
Significant difference between Briles and Brian...Briles can actually coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron