Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
TheBear has obviously completely lost his mind now. This whole thing has really gotten to him.

I mean... for some of these people... the absolute worst thing that could happen to them in their life is if their beloved Hawkeyes weren't as heavenly clean as they've always mistakenly believed.

Someone that knows him may really need to check on him?

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
So was there nothing on DP or Cowherd about this today? Or any other shows?

Don't tell me that this rogue program is going to be allowed to skate by yet again. It's just disgusting.

Not only are the coaches racist, but the fans also believe those coaches over the voices of 40+ football players too. These football players finally had the guts to come forward about all this, and the fanbase treats them like s**t too... and believes the coaches instead.

What a horrible thing to do to these players.

Don’t get your hopes up about the big national talkers. It’s Iowa, not a premier college football program.

Reactions: aauummm

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
There's a saying in politics and public relations that you answer the question you want to answer, whether it was the question you were asked or not.

Ferentz was asked whether the story was true and whether Doyle was disciplined. It was an extensive question and his answer took about five seconds:

"I'm not saying it's true or not true, I don't remember Chris using that word. I've never heard Chris use that phraseology."

Notice, he did not discuss whether he had a conversation with Morrow. He sidesteps the issue by saying he doesn't remember Doyle talking that way.

Of course he wouldn't remember that. Because according to the ESPN story:
Morrow said Ferentz and the other on-field coaches weren't in the weight room during the workout.

That's a hell of a dodge there. The clipped answer on Rob Howe's question was shaky enough, but if you read closely enough it turns out he didn't answer it anyway.

Doyle was racist to Morrow. Even Brodie admits that. He went to Ferentz to complain and Ferentz told him he needed to apologize to Doyle and suspended him. Does anyone else see how insane that is?

This wasn't some walk on scrub this was a 4 star recruit who played as a true freshman. If CMC did that I would help him pack his bags. Imagine what that young man was feeling going through that situation

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Quite the reach.

How so? A player and a coach got into a verbal altercation, and the coach told the player he would send his ass back to his hometown. There is nothing noteworthy about that. If that’s the story Morrow told Ferentz, why would Ferentz have reprimanded Doyle for anything?

Now, the language that Morrow highlighted later on in the article is wildly inappropriate, but there is no indication that he ever brought that up with Ferentz.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Don’t get your hopes up about the big national talkers. It’s Iowa, not a premier college football program.

I'm still hoping Weds will shed some real light on what happened.... not just KF's "I know nothing" version.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
False. I have been clear that Doyle and any other coach with a pattern of racist comments needs to be fired. But Morrow’s tweet claimed that Ferentz suspended him after Doyle told him to go back to the ghetto. Turns out, that didn’t actually happen. Morrow complained to Ferentz because Doyle told him he would “send his ass back to Glenville.” How does that implicate Ferentz? Ferentz says he can’t recall any player complaining to him about Doyle’s use of sending a player back to the “streets” or back to the “ghetto” - THATS BECAUSE IT NEVER HAPPENED.

Were you a defense attorney in Nuremberg?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Doyle was racist to Morrow. Even Brodie admits that. He went to Ferentz to complain and Ferentz told him he needed to apologize to Doyle and suspended him. Does anyone else see how insane that is?

This wasn't some walk on scrub this was a 4 star recruit who played as a true freshman. If CMC did that I would help him pack his bags. Imagine what that young man was feeling going through that situation

What part of this do you disagree with @Brodie0

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
There's a saying in politics and public relations that you answer the question you want to answer, whether it was the question you were asked or not.

Ferentz was asked whether the story was true and whether Doyle was disciplined. It was an extensive question and his answer took about five seconds:

"I'm not saying it's true or not true, I don't remember Chris using that word. I've never heard Chris use that phraseology."

Notice, he did not discuss whether he had a conversation with Morrow. He sidesteps the issue by saying he doesn't remember Doyle talking that way.

Of course he wouldn't remember that. Because according to the ESPN story:
Morrow said Ferentz and the other on-field coaches weren't in the weight room during the workout.

That's a hell of a dodge there. The clipped answer on Rob Howe's question was shaky enough, but if you read closely enough it turns out he didn't answer it anyway.

Ferentz doesn’t remember Doyle using that language because that is not the language Doyle used in the altercation with Morrow. Doyle said he would send Morrow back to Glenville, not to the ghetto. Morrow’s initial tweet and the story he told Rittenburg don’t match up.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
How so? A player and a coach got into a verbal altercation, and the coach told the player he would send his ass back to his hometown. There is nothing noteworthy about that. If that’s the story Morrow told Ferentz, why would Ferentz have reprimanded Doyle for anything?

Now, the language that Morrow highlighted later on in the article is wildly inappropriate, but there is no indication that he ever brought that up with Ferentz.

So you think Ferentz was right for suspending a kid who went to him to say Doyle was racist to him?

Reactions: aauummm

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

Wow... you will really go to extreme lengths to try to defend racism when it happens inside your favorite team's football facility, won't you? Geeez. Not a good look buddy. Just stop. It doesn't paint you in a good light at all.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
What part of this do you disagree with @Brodie0

You’re intentionally misrepresenting what happened. Doyle told Morrow he’d send his ass back to his hometown. There is nothing racist about that statement. If that is what Morrow complained to Ferentz about, why would Ferentz have reprimanded Doyle? Suspending Morrow was excessive, but now we know that the story Morrow told in his tweet is not accurate.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Ferentz doesn’t remember Doyle using that language because that is not the language Doyle used in the altercation with Morrow. Doyle said he would send Morrow back to Glenville, not to the ghetto. Morrow’s initial tweet and the story he told Rittenburg don’t match up.

Shorter Brodie: "Ferentz wasn't racist in that way...he was racist in this way."

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
All the bluster and banter here is entertaining but this entire thing is really sad.

KF, Doyle and the coaching staff should know better.

What is really sad is that they are dragging the fanbase down with them. I don't really think people like Brodie and TheBear are racist or bad people but here they are defending abusive coaches/racists. They just don't know any better. It is all fun and games when talking recruiting and the elusive quest to be nationally relevant but now they have blurred the lines between right and wrong and these guys just can't deal with heavy weight stuff like that.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Wow... you will really go to extreme lengths to try to defend racism when it happens inside your favorite team's football facility, won't you? Geeez. Not a good look buddy. Just stop. It doesn't paint you in a good light at all.

Please point out the specific flaws in my reasoning.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
I'm still hoping Weds will shed some real light on what happened.... not just KF's "I know nothing" version.

my concern is that KF put together this committee lead by Mike Daniels so fast that I guarantee you KF first demand is to have committed reach out to Wadley Mom and keep everything private..

make no mistake this committee was formed by KF to quite things..not solve things..

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
You've got 40+ players saying it happened.... and you've got Doyle denying it, and KF saying he just doesn't remember s**t.... and these fans are believing Doyle and KF's view. You can't make this stuff up folks.

No wonder racism has existed this long. You'll believe two rich old white guys in denial over the black players that actually went through it. That's just ugly.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
The hok trolls in this thread:
200w.gif

Reactions: clonedude

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You've got 40+ players saying it happened.... and you've got Doyle denying it, and KF saying he just doesn't remember s**t.... and these fans are believing Doyle and KF's view. You can't make this stuff up folks.

No wonder racism has existed this long. You'll believe two rich old white guys in denial over the black players that actually went through it. That's just ugly.

Kirk didn't recall ghetto though so at least he has that example where he didn't lie even though he was racist in that situation anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.