Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

diaclone

Apr 16, 2006
Metro Omaha
I think you are missing the point that many of us are trying to make. Is the anger and pain valid and real? Absolutely. But when children throw temper tantrums and start destroying things in the house, you don't reward them and say "welp, its valid so it's all good." No, you try to teach them a healthy and adult way to express their feelings. That's the point I see. There is a way to express feelings without destruction, which is protest, not vandalism.

And before you get upset or try to twist my words, no, I am not calling the people protesting/vandalizing children and us their adults. I was merely show an example of a different course of action
Put all this in context -
Colin K kneels during the anthem to protest policy brutality and vast numbers of white folks whine that he's disrespecting the flag and then he's blackballed from the NFL. Pretty much since then things have remained the same and black folks continue to be abused by police.

Then, a black man is murdered, yes murdered by a white police officer, and we all see the blatant act on video. A county attorney, after some time, files a third degree murder charge. Protests occur due to this poor justice. Finally, during the protests, there is some property damage.

And now, we're seeing some movement towards solviing police brutality.

No one likes riots and looting, but it does get people's attention. Maybe if white america had been listening to what our black and brown brothers and sisters have been telling us about all these decades, we wouldn't be here.

Many white folks want black protesters to protest in a certain way.....not by kneeling, not by protesting, etc., but in a way the doesn't threaten the systems of white supremacy and privilege that exist in the US.

We saw the same thing in this thread. Folks are going crazy about some graffiti on Niles Kinnick statute but they don't do anything that to resolve the root cause.

Someone posted, maybe you, an analogy to a child's temper tantrum. The comparison was just plain crap.

Every time our black and brown brothers and sisters step outside they know that their lives are not as valued as white lives. (Even when they're in their own home too.) This is a life and death situation for them. A temper tantrum certainly is not, and neither is some paint on a statue of a football player that white folks worship.

Listen to what minorities are telling us. And if you're white don't tell people of color how they should behave.

Reactions: Waukee4Cy and Angie

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
That was an entertaining ten pages or so...pretty much every poster on the ISR forum calling @TrianglePlace an idiot and telling him he was wrong, only to find out that he was right all along. Classic.
You mean that members of the Hawkeye coaching staff are racist, that Kirk is a control freak, and that the Iowa way is somewhat similar to prison camp? Spot on...

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Different usernames, but still the same bottom of the barrel Hawk fans.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
So will clone fans also be going after Utah, Clemson and Missouri or is this just limited to Iowa? I assume your newly appointed position of correcting all injustices sure will keep you busy. Or will we only hear from clone fans in regards to Iowa?

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...re-college-football-players-speak-being-heard
Schizotypal Personality Disorder: A pattern of peculiarities best describes those with schizotypal personality disorder. People may have odd or eccentric manners of speaking or dressing. Strange, outlandish or paranoid beliefs and thoughts are common. People with schizotypal personality disorder have difficulties forming relationships and experience extreme anxiety in social situations. They may react inappropriately or not react at all during a conversation or they may talk to themselves. They also display signs of “magical thinking” by saying they can see into the future or read other people’s minds.

werdnamanhill

(⌐■_■)
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 23, 2017
Eastern IA -> Raleigh, NC -> Madison, WI
Put all this in context -
Colin K kneels during the anthem to protest policy brutality and vast numbers of white folks whine that he's disrespecting the flag and then he's blackballed from the NFL. Pretty much since then things have remained the same and black folks continue to be abused by police.

Then, a black man is murdered, yes murdered by a white police officer, and we all see the blatant act on video. A county attorney, after some time, files a third degree murder charge. Protests occur due to this poor justice. Finally, during the protests, there is some property damage.

And now, we're seeing some movement towards solviing police brutality.

No one likes riots and looting, but it does get people's attention. Maybe if white america had been listening to what our black and brown brothers and sisters have been telling us about all these decades, we wouldn't be here.

Many white folks want black protesters to protest in a certain way.....not by kneeling, not by protesting, etc., but in a way the doesn't threaten the systems of white supremacy and privilege that exist in the US.

We saw the same thing in this thread. Folks are going crazy about some graffiti on Niles Kinnick statute but they don't do anything that to resolve the root cause.

Someone posted, maybe you, an analogy to a child's temper tantrum. The comparison was just plain crap.

Every time our black and brown brothers and sisters step outside they know that their lives are not as valued as white lives. (Even when they're in their own home too.) This is a life and death situation for them. A temper tantrum certainly is not, and neither is some paint on a statue of a football player that white folks worship.

Listen to what minorities are telling us. And if you're white don't tell people of color how they should behave.

If you are more outraged about the Nile statue getting graffiti'd then the things coming out about the football program, you are part of the problem.

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
Wait, are you trying to say their response to my original post was political or that mine was?
I was referring to Angie's responses. But I suppose a case could be made that yours was, as well. Her tone came across as more politically divisive, though. I just was trying to point out the conflict of interest in moderating political posts, but then posting political stuff herself.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I am here laugh at the lengths clone fans will go in order to hate Iowa.

The fact that you're even concerned what ISU fans think during this time speaks volumes about you as a person. The fact that you think the only reason we are concerned with racism is bc its at Iowa, that basically sums up all Hawk fans. It's crazy you can find humor in this. You guys are making it very easy to hate you. Almost as easy as the Penn St and Baylor fans that defended the actions of their coaching staffs.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Again I don’t condone racism or racist actions. Hate is hate and I find that wrong. What I find troubling is that clone fans are fine with “hate” as long as it is directed at Iowa.
??? Care to explain that a bit? How is me being appalled by the 3 dozen plus accusations coming from Hawkeye football players, shedding light on perceived racial inequality in the program equated to me being fine with hate?

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
The fact that you're even concerned what ISU fans think during this time speaks volumes about you as a person. The fact that you think the only reason we are concerned with racism is bc its at Iowa, that basically sums up all Hawk fans. It's crazy you can find humor in this. You guys are making it very easy to hate you. Almost as easy as the Penn St and Baylor fans that defended the actions of their coaching staffs.
Hate is hate, clone fans are just confirming what I have always thought.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Is Utah, Clemson and Missouri in the state of Iowa?

Iowa football has been held up by media and fans for 40 years as this pristine, do it the right way program. You can kinda see why an opposing fan base would be commenting on what is happening right?
I believe the quote goes "my how the mighty have fallen"

Reactions: aauummm
Status
Not open for further replies.