Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
One player made an accusation against fennelly from what i recall. Other players pushed back at that. Had it been like this, with more and more players coming out to back up the story, that would have been different.

If there are any other players that want to speak up now, i would welcome it. I love fennelly, but i'd want him gone if this was the situation for him as well.

Kind of like how most of the Iowa players telling their stories are defending Kirk Ferentz, talking about how he “gets it” and truly cares about his players, and then you have one player claiming that Ferentz made him log roll for no reason at all until he puked blood, and spit at him for listening to rap music?

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
The above is an absolutely disgusting post.... but shouldn't surprise anyone once you see who posted it.

So it's fine that Rhabdo happened, and that all this racist BS happened.... because well.... Iowa kept winning and getting better than ISU.

Talk about awful.

Did Rhabo occur again? It did just not at Iowa. I am not saying racist behavior is ok. Not in any way shape or form. An investigation will take place and we will see if the people behind tweets will show the things they feel are racist or if an independent group see’s it otherwise.

Thank go though that the people who really know what has occurred are isu fans.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Neat. As long as we never have to choose between justifying abusive behavior within our program or believing victims of abuse, I’m cool with never “catching up.” For the record, if this happens at ISU, it won’t be a difficult choice for me.
This...don't need to say anything more.

Reactions: Angie

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
One player made an accusation against fennelly from what i recall. Other players pushed back at that. Had it been like this, with more and more players coming out to back up the story, that would have been different.

If there are any other players that want to speak up now, i would welcome it. I love fennelly, but i'd want him gone if this was the situation for him as well.

This x1000

it was 1 player... Her accusations were heard and taken into account and the overwhelming support from other black players was so much that it went nowhere..

wity KF this is a systemic culture of himself and his program for 22 years. Not 1 incident....clearly.

I was kinda on the “fire Doyle” and let program reset but more that keeps coming out it gets deeper and worse..

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
It's times like these that the administration at Iowa has to be really annoyed they're a public institution and not private like Baylor. There isn't a private school rug they can sweep this under. Iowa's PR history coupled with the severity of claims against them and the current national landscape....this is going to be a bigger mess than anyone could imagine. And I take zero joy in any of it. I hate the Hawks but I'm an Iowan too. This whole thing saddens and angers me.

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020

Why did isu settle the lawsuit if nothing occurred?

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Why do you think one player is lying? What about the walk on that came out today saying he was treated differently than his white teammates?

I’ve already discussed this. We have no idea if the players he is referencing are scholarship players or walk-ons. If they were fellow walk-ons, I would tend to think that you may be right. But I am guessing that they were scholarship players, and the player sharing his story was treated differently because he was a walk-on. Ferentz has kicked multiple white walk-ons off the team for rather minor transgressions before.

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
Winning football games > racism and player safety

?????

But Go Hawkzzzzzzz!!!!! amiright???

No you are not right. Let’s see what the investigation comes back with and then you and all other clone fans can have at it.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Kind of like how most of the Iowa players telling their stories are defending Kirk Ferentz, talking about how he “gets it” and truly cares about his players, and then you have one player claiming that Ferentz made him log roll for no reason at all until he puked blood, and spit at him for listening to rap music?

Kirk's biggest role in all of this is knowing and not doing anything. JoPa never touched any kids, Art Briles never raped anyone but both knew what was going on and let it continue, tried to keep it quiet for the good of the program and their own asses. KF is in the same boat, he enabled this to happen. He made the decision to sweep things under the rug, now he's going to have to own that decision.

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
Why did isu settle the lawsuit if nothing occurred?
The settlement was only for $60000. It would have cost far more than that to continue to fight it in court. There was no admission of wrongdoing. If the claim was legit, Moody wouldn't have settled for so little.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
Where were any of you calling out any Iowa fans in the last 15 years when they called out team a "bunch of thugs?" Code for u know what.......

Now I see all the Iowa fans and a lot of people on here saying " how terrible, can't believe they said this, how uncomfortable, etc.". Did any of you call out Iowa fans in the last 15 years for racist comments? Did any of our journalists in this state comment on Iowa fans' comments about our players?

Sorry - I see a lot of past due, disingenuous billshit here. They have always been above the law here. Where have we/journalists been - we took it? I didn't take it one-on-one - wish I did more.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I'm picturing GarBar on the floor in his basement in the fetal position right now. He isn't cut out for this. Gonna be hard to blame this on ISU like the locker room theft and band incident. Our AD should probably send a letter out to all the hawk opponents warning them of the of the culture over there.

Reactions: bsaltyman

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I’ve already discussed this. We have no idea if the players he is referencing are scholarship players or walk-ons. If they were fellow walk-ons, I would tend to think that you may be right. But I am guessing that they were scholarship players, and the player sharing his story was treated differently because he was a walk-on. Ferentz has kicked multiple white walk-ons off the team for rather minor transgressions before.

Unbelievable

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

What white scholarship players were ticketed by police this last year?

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha
Did you think that Paterno should keep his job as well? Joe Pa didn’t actually do any of those things...it was Sandusky. Yet Joe Pa was likely aware and choose to do nothing about it until it came to light. Sound familiar?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron