Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Strongly disagree with that. He was given an ovation because he helped raise millions of dollars for the childrens hospital to help children with cancer. And retweeting a Tosh joke as a teen doesn't automatically make someone a racist.
I agree with this.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
This is terrible for the players that had to go through this and I feel for them. We had a coach at ISU during my time who made off color comments to players (not to the severity that is being reported out of Iowa). The team had a meeting with coach Mac and that coach was gone, banished to coaching High School football in Colorado.

With that being said I HATE the University of Iowa and take a lot of pleasure in that cesspool having any issues (especially considering they try to play things like they are superior to others). So to quote an old drunken hawk "I love it, I love it, I love it".

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Strongly disagree with that. He was given an ovation because he helped raise millions of dollars for the childrens hospital to help children with cancer. And retweeting a Tosh joke as a teen doesn't automatically make someone a racist.

I agree that his analysis is completely wrong. Carson King acted out of good intentions and should not have been drug through the mud. And the crowd definitely was behind him for his efforts in helping the children in the hospital. I was referring to him attempting to link the Iowa fans cheering him because of his old racists tweets and not because of his good works. I don't think he is even from the midwest but he has drug up every scandal under KF and casting them in a bad light. The tweet I showed, he was attempting to do the same to the Iowa fans.

Torks Pub

Dec 16, 2006
Ankeny

Oh please Chad. You've been so far up Kirk's rectum that you couldn't have seen anything. KF has been running the University for years and bending every rule he could while playing favorites with the white players. Now you become righteous? Nice try. Now go back to writing fluff pieces.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Oh please Chad. You've been so far up Kirk's rectum that you couldn't have seen anything. KF has been running the University for years and bending every rule he could while playing favorites with the white players. Now you become righteous? Nice try. Now go back to writing fluff pieces.

For sure, this story is a reckoning for an awful lot of media figures in this state who have been in Iowa's pocket for years. Ironically, it's the Iowa fan sites that have been leading the way on this story so far from a journalism standpoint.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
If you're a hawk fan do you even want Kirk to survive this now? This thing is not going away. There is nothing to talk about in sports, and it is the perfect confluence of sports and culture right now. The national sports media is going to spend a TON of time talking about this. This is going to crater recruiting for them. If I'm a hawk fan I want them to cut ties now because this stink is going to stick to this program as long as he's there.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
If you're a hawk fan do you even want Kirk to survive this now? This thing is not going away. There is nothing to talk about in sports, and it is the perfect confluence of sports and culture right now. The national sports media is going to spend a TON of time talking about this. This is going to crater recruiting for them. If I'm a hawk fan I want them to cut ties now because this stink is going to stick to this program as long as he's there.

I imagine that the damage is done right now regardless. So you have Kirk coach out this season then he “retires”

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
You took the words out of my mouth. The biggest journalist/ cheerleader who also had the closest ties to the program of anybody had no idea what was going on? Yeah, sure Chad.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010

I don't disagree at all. But think of it another way: do you want Gary Barta in charge of making your next hire, in this economic and social environment? I don't think most will have a tough time convincing themselves that keeping Ferentz and trying to weather this is the better gamble.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

Yep. Kirk should go. I say that not because i'm an ISU fan, because the best thing for us on the field would be an iowa hobbled by this mess, but because the culture KF has fostered is not one that should be acceptable, especially as a representative of our state.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
If you're a hawk fan do you even want Kirk to survive this now? This thing is not going away....

My guess is that most tavernhoks believe all Capt. Kirk has to do is fire Doyle (thinking he was going to retire soon anyway), get through all the committee talk, get Jr. into anger management, and this will all blow over. No way do they want to be forced to replace Kirk with an unknown.

diaclone

Apr 16, 2006
Metro Omaha
Ok a lot of stuff at U of Iowa right now but not starting a black QB is the stupidness thing I’ve read.

see any Black QBs at Purdue? Kstate? NW? I could go on and on...

that’s dumb.

reggie Roby might have been best punter in college football history....Was it racist since then Kirk didn’t have a black punter?
If in forty years of football, a P5 team has started only one black quarterback for more that one game, that sure in the hell says something isn't quite right.

I can think of two at K-St right off hand - Micheal Bishop and Ell Roberson. Don't follow the Big 10 much, but I believe Purdue has had a black starter within the past five years.

With all the talent in black qb's over the past 4 decades, it says something about your school if you've only had one. There's something going on when every other school has started multiple black quarterbacks and you've lagged behind.

It's not dumb, it's a data point.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Yep. Kirk should go. I say that not because i'm an ISU fan, because the best thing for us on the field would be an iowa hobbled by this mess, but because the culture KF has fostered is not one that should be acceptable, especially as a representative of our state.

I think he survives for now but that may have a longer negative effect on their program. Let's see how his 2021 class turns out for that matter he may lose 2020 kids and I'm willing to bet they get a full release. That may be the worst case scenario.

I think if they can fire him for cause they'd be better off than negotiating a buyout down the road.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
Don't we want freerentz to survive?? SC coach probably gone.

These tweets and stories are digitized forever. The only way they get thru this is a clean sweep out the door, but their ego is too big for this action. Thank goodness.

Let them justify, educate and think they have changed. 120 other schools will bring this up forever on the recruiting trail. Please - do a half fix.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
If in forty years of football, a P5 team has started only one black quarterback for more that one game, that sure in the hell says something isn't quite right.

I can think of two at K-St right off hand - Micheal Bishop and Ell Roberson. Don't follow the Big 10 much, but I believe Purdue has had a black starter within the past five years.

With all the talent in black qb's over the past 4 decades, it says something about your school if you've only had one. There's something going on when every other school has started multiple black quarterbacks and you've lagged behind.

It's not dumb, it's a data point.

Josh Freeman at Kansas State too.

It was always strange to me that Brad Banks barely got any time in 2001 and suddenly in 2002 he's a Heisman contender. Almost impossible to imagine a guy getting that much better in a single year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron