Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I understand the attempt at humor, I really do. But IMO this is too big for joking. Anywhere else, but not here and now. Doyle and Ferentz might lose there jobs, but this is a time where everyone should look inside themselves. And BTW, this is not a screw Iowa moment -- I bet it is hard to be black in Ames, too. Just like its hard in LA or NYC or Miami or Austin.
I don’t think twins will let a good crisis go to waste.

Reactions: CyTwins

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
There is too much smoke from too many players. If KF keeps his job, it's a major uphill recruiting battle from here on out with African-American players. It's not just one guy, it's loads of them. I don't see how Barta can move forward with the KF staff no matter how many apologies or proposed changes there are. This isn't a campfire, it's a raging forest fire.

This isn't a raging forest fire in many peoples eyes, yet. Kirk is putting some water on the fire.

Baylor, Penn State, MSU were raging forest fires, this isn't on that level yet.

Spam

May 21, 2008
The word "classy" has been used to to describe Kirk a few too many times around Iowa City.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I feel just terrible for all of these Black athletes (and so many others). Promises were made to their parents to take care of them, to help them grow. They were promised to be treated great and celebrated - and they were mocked for their color of their skin, the music they liked, their very culture. How damn awful that must have been every day waking up, feeling like you had to keep eating their **** just for a maybe chance at the NFL, or the chance to play at all.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I feel just terrible for all of these Black athletes (and so many others). Promises were made to their parents to take care of them, to help them grow. They were promised to be treated great and celebrated - and they were mocked for their color of their skin, the music they liked, their very culture. How damn awful that must have been every day waking up, feeling like you had to keep eating their **** just for a maybe chance at the NFL, or the chance to play at all.
And this is without any discussion if payment is warranted and now having the responsibility of having to play football to keep entire athletic departments afloat.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
The response by a segment of Hawk fans is unsurprising. We would have a segment like that too. Don't kid yourself. It's really disappointing to hear the reaction by some Hawk fans to what the Hawk football players have been saying.

Waukee4Cy

Feb 4, 2020
I understand the attempt at humor, I really do. But IMO this is too big for joking. Anywhere else, but not here and now. Doyle and Ferentz might lose there jobs, but this is a time where everyone should look inside themselves. And BTW, this is not a screw Iowa moment -- I bet it is hard to be black in Ames, too. Just like its hard in LA or NYC or Miami or Austin.
I agree. This isn't a proud moment for anyone in the state of Iowa.

Reactions: Angie

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
The response by a segment of Hawk fans is unsurprising. We would have a segment like that too. Don't kid yourself. It's really disappointing to hear the reaction by some Hawk fans to what the Hawk football players have been saying.
Every fanbase would have people who react that way.

TBT

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 27, 2014
WDM, IA
Kind of random, but it's one of those stats that's like, holy ****:

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Kind of random, but it's one of those stats that's like, holy ****:

Ok a lot of stuff at U of Iowa right now but not starting a black QB is the stupidness thing I’ve read.

see any Black QBs at Purdue? Kstate? NW? I could go on and on...

that’s dumb.

reggie Roby might have been best punter in college football history....Was it racist since then Kirk didn’t have a black punter?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Reactions: Waukee4Cy

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Circling back to the Kirk video...what kind of investigation are they doing?

If UI is smart they'll commission an independent investigation.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
From Sexual discrimination.... to Dolph....to new racial charges...and I’m sure more...How on earth does Gary Barta have a job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron