Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I interpreted that as him saying this didn't happen in Campbell's program.

Of course, that's also what I'm hoping he says.

Him saying Western Iowa instead of Ames doesn’t leave me optimistic, but who knows.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
No way KF survives this. If he does it will follow him until the end of his career. Bad culture starts at the top.

My guess is that Capt. Kirk will survive but this is a major hit for Jr.
With Jr. being called out along with Doyle, he can kiss the head coaching spot good-bye. Even the anger management class that he'll end up taking won't bring that job back.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I don’t think we should be super-glib about this, guys. BF has been accused of some of this stuff, and none of it makes the state look good.

Reactions: JHudd

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Honestly, I'm just waiting for ex-college players all over the country to start coming out with how they were treated in college by their white coaches.

And I'm fully prepared for the fact some of them might be former ISU players. I really hope that's not the case, but I would be stupid and naive to think it didn't happen at ISU to black players. I'd be somewhat surprised if CMC did, but how well do you really "know" someone?

Agreed and while it is serious and those players do no deserve in the slightest to be treated that way, I hope it can be taken as a learning experience for everyone and a launching pad to a better future. There will be consequences but I hope it's done not just for the optics and the PR/cover your ass side of it. I hope it's because institutions actually want to have change and be better.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

This could ruin them for a few years... What a mess.
(Akrum Wadley's mom)

Holy ****

After her comments about going live on Wednesday, I'm more firmly in the "Ferentz is done" camp. This is just going to keep mushrooming.

Also...I wanted to jump through my screen with a battery and find whatever smoke alarm was chirping

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Holy ****

After her comments about going live on Wednesday, I'm more firmly in the "Ferentz is done" camp. This is just going to keep mushrooming.

Also...I wanted to jump through my screen with a battery and find whatever smoke alarm was chirping

Lol I thought it was one in my house for a bit.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Holy ****

And the car alarm

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I don’t think we should be super-glib about this, guys. BF has been accused of some of this stuff, and none of it makes the state look good.

Absolutely. First and foremost, my heart goes out to the players who had to deal with that garbage. That being said, it seemed like 99% of the aftermath of the BF issues ranged from complete support for him all the way to "he was a tough SOB and I didn't like him but he didn't have a racist bone in my body." Seems to be a ton of former U of I players here from multiple years coming out on this issue.

Reactions: Cyched

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Absolutely. First and foremost, my heart goes out to the players who had to deal with that garbage. That being said, it seemed like 99% of the aftermath of the BF issues ranged from complete support for him all the way to "he was a tough SOB and I didn't like him but he didn't have a racist bone in my body." Seems to be a ton of former U of I players here from multiple years coming out on this issue.
Well said

Reactions: mj4cy

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Can't get this to work on my phone- cliff notes?
She states that there are big problems in the program.
She is writing a book about Akrum’s experience.
She is going live on Wednesday with other Former Hok players and their families to talk about their experiences.
She also states she likes the people of Iowa and the fans, most of the video is vague while stating there are A LOT of issues within the program.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
SIAP, but damn, this is not a good look

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota

Honestly, it doesn't. I've been really disappointed with the people of Iowa through all of this (basically all of 2020).

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
True, but Iowa's athletic department is notorious for casting stones at other athletic departments then sweeping their own issues under the rug or paying hush money for the issue to go away.

Anyone remember the ISU fans were hurling epithets? Our black players being arrested? Anyone here think we're the model for racial diversity at ISU? What happens if black student or past student athletes let THEIR personal experiences be known while at ISU and they weren't all great?

This is a national racial inequality / injustice issue not a football rivalry issue. Again - nothing I know of has immunized Ames other than nobody has unearthed our hidden secrets yet.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
SIAP, but damn, this is not a good look

This stuff seems to go well beyond insensitivity and lack of awareness types of issues among otherwise well-meaning people into a culture of blatant racism. And to have what, dozens?, of these complains explode in about a day's time, it's like a dam bursting.

Imagine something being so bad one of your player's moms is actually writing a book about it.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
It was really un-Kurt like to rush out all these "culture" statements.

He knew this avalanche was rolling down the mountain.
He’s painted himself into a very small corner with his “I wish I had known about this” statement. That could come back to bite him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron