MN
Barta will probably just suspend Gary Dolphin again

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Imagine if the families of recruits read that stuff? Who would want to play for the hawks?
Honestly, if the shoe was on the other foot and this was about Iowa State and I saw posts similar to what I’ve seen, I’d be pretty ******* embarrassed and ashamed of my fellow fans.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Honestly, if the shoe was on the other foot and this was about Iowa State and I saw posts similar to what I’ve seen, I’d be pretty ******* embarrassed and ashamed of my fellow fans.
Absolutley. Kind of off topic but I cringe when ISU's Facebook will say happy birthday to Ronnie Harris because he was a deadbeat dad. I wish they wouldnt do it.

Reactions: GMackey32

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Has anyone read these comments on WHO story on Facebook? It is a total embarrassment for the entire state. I always assumed Steve King kept his seat only because the district is overwhelmingly R but now I’m rethinking that. No racism is okay but it’s even more shocking that these people put there name behind it.

Spam

May 21, 2008
Seeing a lot of "I don't support racism, but black players should be thankful to the University of Iowa" type comments from Iowa fans.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I opened up this conversation on another forum. Broader sense but using the voices of Iowa players as examples. One comment I got was essentially this is what happens when you treat college athletes like indentured servants. It’s something to consider. Right now it’s threats of you show up to work or you’re gone and for a small portion of “student” athletes the “student” part is a complete joke. I don’t have the answer but the current set up isn’t it.
Saying student athletes are treated like indentured servants is hyperbole to the max. Of course the expectation is they show up. Who DOESN'T have that expectation? Thats not indetured servitude.

We can have a discussion about fair compensation and racially inappropriate attitudes in college athletics, but stop with the slave inuendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.