Status
Not open for further replies.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
At this point, I think it'll take some of the bigger names to speak out against the program. That said, if Kirk is gone after this, that would set their program back quite a bit.
I would take setting their program back to 1973 (0-11).

Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Their program is set back. That’s the problem.

Doyle should be gone and there is no way in hell Kirk didn’t see this behavior on a daily basis. I hope the players in his program get a heartfelt apology from him. God knows Barta won’t take action and I’m not sure what the NCAA can do.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
There's still time for this to get worse. If a current player speaks out, I think it's time to clean house at TOE.

Reactions: aauummm

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
.....But after seeing so many people, after everything that has happened, STILL ******* POST "I BET YOU AREN'T STRONG ENOUGH TO SUPPORT THE BLUE LINE", I hope establishments burn.

Great, another person who thinks we need more burning. Maybe Iowa football will do their part and burn the contracts of a couple overpaid coaches.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Hawkeye report is an ugly, ugly place right now. It's not even schadenfreude, anymore. So many players coming forward, and so many fans responding with vitriol. Certainly, Iowa will not be the last program to have stories like this come out, or fans who will close their eyes and ears to it, but it's still disheartening to see occur.

Reactions: aauummm

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I opened up this conversation on another forum. Broader sense but using the voices of Iowa players as examples. One comment I got was essentially this is what happens when you treat college athletes like indentured servants. It’s something to consider. Right now it’s threats of you show up to work or you’re gone and for a small portion of “student” athletes the “student” part is a complete joke. I don’t have the answer but the current set up isn’t it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Iowa's AD can never escape controversy. I'd love to hear our resident Iowa trolls spin this one. Rogue athletic department.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
My source is saying Doyle is done. Not sure about Kirk but he thinks he'll survive

Unless more and more players come forward saying KF was just as bad.

A lot of players have already put some blame on KF and have said it was how the entire program was every day from the moment you walked into the building. So if KF escapes this, that isn't really justice.... or even really fixing the problem possibly?

Now what if a bunch of high profile former black players come forward and defend KF and Doyle? That could potentially help KF's case at least. But right now the silence of anyone defending KF or Doyle is saying a lot.

If at least Doyle isn't gone, I'd be concerned about protesters vandalizing Kinnick or the football facility at this point. I guess they vandalized the Pentecrest last night.

Reactions: Angie

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
This definitely isn’t an issue/problem that Barta is well equipped to handle considering his history of blunders.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
It’s bad when the star players start talking. Some of them you can mark up to not getting playing time but when the star players start saying bad stuff. It’s bad. That’s what is happening. Wadley and the rest of the starters are all chiming in.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Clean house. At this point, there is no damage control that could possibly make any player of color comfortable stepping foot in that program.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Kirk is 50/50 to make it IMO

Ferentz doesn’t have a boss. There’s no one who can fire him other than the board of regents and he’d have to do something really bad for that to happen. Doyle will end up with with an award that Kirk gives him as a big f u to the haters. He’s in charge and everyone will know it.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Barta right now

this-is-fine.0.jpg

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Clean house. At this point, there is no damage control that could possibly make any player of color comfortable stepping foot in that program.
That's got to be a worry, and something Hawk fans need to realize. Regardless of if these allegations can be proven, the very fact that they exist is going to be used against the program. Every single school going up against Iowa for a recruit is going to bring this up. That's going to happen if Doyle is let go or not. As long as Kirk is there, this is going to be used against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.