Oklahoma State basketball hit w/ 1 year post-season ban

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Yeah, he wasn't going to have a great supporting cast but having a generational talent goes a long way. Likekele and Anei were at least a couple good/experienced pieces for Cade to work with. Both top 20ish returning players in the Big 12.

Not that BT is gospel, but it is at least a reasonable starting point...

TOP 20+1 players in the Big 12 next year

upload_2020-6-5_14-19-2.png

Cunningham is supposed to be the best player in the conference by a wide margin. Jared Butler has a wide margin as #2 after that. Both of them are in the range for All-American honors and competing for national player of the year like that.

If you go down five at a time, Solomon would be second-team all-conference and Bolton would be third-team all conference if the above holds.

Wish we would have landed TGF.

Likekele and Anei would be #18 and #21.

Texas has the most players on the list with five.

A bunch of teams have three. A few teams have two. Might be a rough year in Manhattan and Fort Worth with those two purple teams having zero.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
The NCAA probably wont find anything on Underwood. There is a reason head coaches have their assistants and recruiting coordinators act as the "bag men", so they don't get in trouble if the program is caught. That doesn't mean they don't know what's going on though. Head coaches micromanage everything. Underwood likely knew everything that was happening. I don't know that with 100% certainty, if that's what your're getting at.
Did you even look what happened at SFA? They got hit for their admin staff in the AD. Wasn’t about coaches or basketball staff. It affected multiple sports.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Not that BT is gospel, but it is at least a reasonable starting point...

TOP 20+1 players in the Big 12 next year

View attachment 72504

Cunningham is supposed to be the best player in the conference by a wide margin. Jared Butler has a wide margin as #2 after that. Both of them are in the range for All-American honors and competing for national player of the year like that.

If you go down five at a time, Solomon would be second-team all-conference and Bolton would be third-team all conference if the above holds.

Wish we would have landed TGF.

Likekele and Anei would be #18 and #21.

Texas has the most players on the list with five.

A bunch of teams have three. A few teams have two. Might be a rough year in Manhattan and Fort Worth with those two purple teams having zero.

Analytics looooove Texas again. I feel like I've heard that a time or two...

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Analytics looooove Texas again. I feel like I've heard that a time or two...

They are #3 in the BT preseason rankings right now. Not a typo.

#1 Zags
#2 Huggs
#3 Horns
#4 Wahoos
#5 Green TCU

You are right in general, but I do not think they have ever loved them this much.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
If they ever really wanted to make an example out of somebody and prove that nobody is above the rules, then Kansas is going to be their shot to do it.

We will see if they have the cajones.
The ncaa is not hearing Kansas' case.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
The ncaa is not hearing Kansas' case.
You don't know today who is hearing Ku's case. You just know that Ku basketball could be and likely will be facing major penalties whether that be from the NCAA infractions committee or their independent panel. And you also know that most of us can't wait for the shoe to fall on your crooked-ass coach and program.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
They are #3 in the BT preseason rankings right now. Not a typo.

#1 Zags
#2 Huggs
#3 Horns
#4 Wahoos
#5 Green TCU

You are right in general, but I do not think they have ever loved them this much.

Shaka's still their coach they won't finish 3rd.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Just curious if they always come with these weak punishments, why not cheat. Have 5 good years cheating, take your one year ban and start cheating again. Seems logical to me

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
You don't know today who is hearing Ku's case. You just know that Ku basketball could be and likely will be facing major penalties whether that be from the NCAA infractions committee or their independent panel. And you also know that most of us can't wait for the shoe to fall on your crooked-ass coach and program.

Yes, I do as does everyone else. Their case will be heard by the newly formed independent board.

http://m.kusports.com/news/2020/may...quest-kus-allegations-case-/?templates=mobile

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Yes, I do as does everyone else. Their case will be heard by the newly formed independent board.

http://m.kusports.com/news/2020/may...quest-kus-allegations-case-/?templates=mobile

I swear to God, do you even read or have any understanding what's facing Ku, seriously? This from the article you yourself linked.

The Journal-World wasn’t able to determine whether KU plans to support or oppose the Committee on Infractions’ request that the case be transferred to the new body.

KU has 20 days from the submission of the referral request to file a response to the request for the case to be transferred to the IARP. After that period, a subpanel of the IARP will make the decision on whether to accept the case.

NodawayRiverClone

May 1, 2018
Quote from Dan Wolken, USA Today, 6/8/20: it (the FBI investigation) exposed college basketball as a laughably corrupt enterprise in which Hall of Fame coaches like Bill Self have to rely on relationships with bag men and agent wannabes to help get them players.

Reactions: WalkingCY