Jay Jordan Production Expectations

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I have to ask—was there ever a thread made for this? I went back five pages and didn’t see one. Mods, please merge or delete if I missed it.

Another awesome piece by Jay. The only thing I’d add is that I’d like to see the touchdown ratio in the passing game higher—but I think that’s implied under “improving efficiency”.

Thanks, Jay!

https://cyclonefanatic.com/2020/05/jay-jordan-setting-production-expectations/

L

LincolnWay187

I almost started a new thread, but Ill just say it here..I am PUMPED to see some Breece Hall this year as the primary ball carrier. I think he is missing a lot of hype due to lower stats last year as he was sharing a lot of snaps early in the season.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I almost started a new thread, but Ill just say it here..I am PUMPED to see some Breece Hall this year as the primary ball carrier. I think he is missing a lot of hype due to lower stats last year as he was sharing a lot of snaps early in the season.
I was going back through some ‘19 highlights, and was like, “Holy cow! Breece is even better than I remembered!”

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
Some people may not like this, but I really think Breece is going to be better than David. He's so fluid, and makes it look effortless.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Some people may not like this, but I really think Breece is going to be better than David. He's so fluid, and makes it look effortless.

Running back is a fascinating position to study. On one hand, it requires a lot of raw natural talent. The kind of talent that is obvious the first time in your career that you step on the field. You could see the talent David and Breece had immediately.

On the other hand, things like vision and awareness in setting up blocks and understanding schemes is crucial. It's a skill you don't notice as a fan, you just see the guy ripping off big runs because he's creating the big plays himself.

David took a big step forward between year 1 and year 2 in this category. I'm not questioning Brecces work ethic by any means but David worked his effing ass off and it showed on the field. If Breece has a work ethic anywhere close to that he has an even high ceiling than David.

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
I just want Brock running more like 2018 and breece running like last year. If that happens the air game will be wide open.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I just want Brock running more like 2018 and breece running like last year. If that happens the air game will be wide open.
The only reason Brock wasn’t running like 2018 was because he had a bum ankle. And it’s blatantly obvious when during the season it occurred, too.

So basically you’re saying you hope Brock stays completely healthy all year. I can get behind that! :D

Reactions: tman24