Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Fran did much better over the last 3 years with the talent he had over what Prohm did at ISU with the talent he had.

Who did a better coaching job with the talent they had last year?

Prohm had a future top 5 NBA draft pick (Halliburton), two 2nd round draft picks (THT and Shayok) and another kid who left early (Wigginton) and ended up as a 6 seed who got beat first round.

Fran had Jordan who you say is garbage, Moss who you claimed was garbage, Cook who you thought was good, Wieskamp who you thought was good, and Garza who you said was garbage. They ended up as a 7 seed and got to the 2nd round.

You are gonna try to say with a straight face that Prhom did a better job of coaching in any of the last 3 years than Fran did? LOL.
Who in their right mind would base an entire seasons worth off one game lmao? You keep rolling out the idiotic comments. Never change

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Of course CyTwins and his minions are sure Prohm did a better job than Fran. What I can’t figure out is why they haven’t stormed Pollards house demanding a 10 year extension with no buyout if they really believe their own bs.

I mean if Prohm is so awesome than they should lock him up. My guess is clone fans will give us a pick and choose reply or ignore and spin onto something else.

Prohm just signed an extension when he was being pursued by P5 teams, with the biggest threat being Bama.

Barta is the AD who does an extension with Fran when some expected him to be fired. Both hide it due to backlash and, when it comes to life the EIU fanbase is calling for their heads. That isn't standard practice for most schools but fair if your not familiar with that.

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
I think the fact that Prohm won a Big 12 tournament that year and fans called for his head after the season would disprove your theory we are absolutely in love over Prohm. We're pretty critical of him. We should've done better in the tournament that year. Prohm followed that up with a terrible year this past year. If he doesn't figure it out he's likely and hopefully gone.

I get that. I really do, CyTwins and his minions that are sure Prohm is light years better than Fran and refuse to think any differently.

Prohm can’t possibly be as awesome as CyTwins claims he is and still be on the hot seat. It is just another example of how twisted his view of reality really is.

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
Prohm just signed an extension when he was being pursued by P5 teams, with the biggest threat being Bama.

Barta is the AD who does an extension with Fran when some expected him to be fired. Both hide it due to backlash and, when it comes to life the EIU fanbase is calling for their heads. That isn't standard practice for most schools but fair if your not familiar with that.

Thank god Barta doesn’t get reactionary with coaches and contracts. So far it has proven to be a very successful strategy. Maybe you can show me where it has failed?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I get that. I really do, CyTwins and his minions that are sure Prohm is light years better than Fran and refuse to think any differently.

Prohm can’t possibly be as awesome as CyTwins claims he is and still be on the hot seat. It is just another example of how twisted his view of reality really is.
First of all, you're caring too much about Twins. Lol and secondly, I think what Twins is trying to say is that Prohm may be on the hot seat but he's still a better coach. Either way, both coaches are in different situations than one another.

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
Fran has never been a 6 seed or better in his career
By all means lock Prohm up then. If he is so awesome you should be pounding on Pollards for demanding he be extended again. Extend him out another 10 years with no buyout. Make a real statement.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Thank god Barta doesn’t get reactionary with coaches and contracts. So far it has proven to be a very successful strategy. Maybe you can show me where it has failed?
There's a higher incentive to win the Big 10 tournament for Fran than to make a Sweet 16.. So there goes that whole narrative of conference tournaments not mattering.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020

I posted this a couple weeks ago but it fits nicely here.

Iowa is 53-39, .576 winning percentage, since Fran signed the extension. These numbers will likely improve after this next season.

Iowa State is 12-20, .375 winning percentage, since Prohm received his extension. These numbers have to go up after this next season, dont they?

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Who in their right mind would base an entire seasons worth off one game lmao? You keep rolling out the idiotic comments. Never change

Re-read his post. He never said Iowa had a better season than Iowa State that year, he said Fran did a better job coaching his team than Prohm did with Iowa State. Prohm had a lottery pick and several other NBA players and ended up a 6 seed with a first round exit. I think it’s pretty fair to say Iowa State underachieved.

Iowa had less talent and ended up a 10 seed, winning a game in the NCAA Tournament, and taking the 2 seed to overtime in the 2nd round. I think it’s pretty fair to say Iowa overachieved (IIRC they were picked near the bottom of the Big Ten in the preseason). It’s not a stretch at all to claim that Fran coached his team better than Prohm did.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Re-read his post. He never said Iowa had a better season than Iowa State that year, he said Fran did a better job coaching his team than Prohm did with Iowa State. Prohm had a lottery pick and several other NBA players and ended up a 6 seed with a first round exit. I think it’s pretty fair to say Iowa State underachieved.

Iowa had less talent and ended up a 10 seed, winning a game in the NCAA Tournament, and taking the 2 seed to overtime in the 2nd round. I think it’s pretty fair to say Iowa overachieved (IIRC they were picked near the bottom of the Big Ten in the preseason). It’s not a stretch at all to claim that Fran coached his team better than Prohm did.
It's only "underachieving" in hindsight. Halliburton wasn't a lottery pick two years ago. But again you are saying Iowa ended up a 10 seed and won ONE game in the tournament which all to base your entire argument on that Fran coached better than Prohm, ISU underachieved, and Iowa had the better season. That is unbelievable silly to do.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It's only "underachieving" in hindsight. Halliburton wasn't a lottery pick two years ago. But again you are saying Iowa ended up a 10 seed and won ONE game in the tournament which all to base your entire argument on that Fran coached better than Prohm, ISU underachieved, and Iowa had the better season. That is unbelievable silly to do.
Yeah and by saying that, he's essentially saying Oklahoma did better than ISU that year as well, even though Iowa State beat them two times.. I mean we're not even mentioning the fact that Iowa State ended in the final AP poll too..

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Yeah and by saying that, he's essentially saying Oklahoma did better than ISU that year as well, even though Iowa State beat them two times.. I mean we're not even mentioning the fact that Iowa State ended in the final AP poll too..
Absolutely. And we all know how much the Hawks love the AP poll and love even more to bring it up. It's just a weird, very incorrect stance they are trying to take. I don't get it

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Absolutely. And we all know how much the Hawks love the AP poll and love even more to bring it up. It's just a weird, very incorrect stance they are trying to take. I don't get it
By that same exact logic, Iowa had a better year than Kansas too because Kansas got waxed by Auburn in the 2nd round. Kansas had far and away more talent than Iowa but because they each made it to the same round, the Hawkeyes are therefore better correct?

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
By that same exact logic, Iowa had a better year than Kansas too because Kansas got waxed by Auburn in the 2nd round. Kansas had far and away more talent than Iowa but because they each made it to the same round, the Hawkeyes are therefore better correct?

That would be a bad take. The Iowa and ISU comparison makes sense because their resumes were fairly close.

Iowa 23-12 (10-10), won a game in the B1G tournament game and made the Round of 32

ISU 23-12 (9-9) won the Big 12 tournament and lost in their first NCAA tournament game.

Then you look at the Kansas season as a whole and that is clearly a few steps above Iowa and ISU.

Kansas 26-10 (12-6) made the Big 12 tournament finals and made the Round of 32.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
That would be a bad take. The Iowa and ISU comparison makes sense because their resumes were fairly close.

Iowa 23-12 (10-10), won a game in the B1G tournament game and made the Round of 32

ISU 23-12 (9-9) won the Big 12 tournament and lost in their first NCAA tournament game.

Then you look at the Kansas season as a whole and that is clearly a few steps above Iowa and ISU.

Yeah I understand what you're saying. Iowa and Iowa State were much more comparable. My point was that you shouldn't base the entire year's success on the NCAA tournament. You have to look at the whole season and if you do that, you'd see Iowa State had a far better resume and was ranked at the very end.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019

So in your opinion, you're saying winning an entire conference tournament is equal to or similar than winning ONE game in the NCAA tournament...?

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I think the fact that Prohm won a Big 12 tournament that year and fans called for his head after the season would disprove your theory we are absolutely in love over Prohm. We're pretty critical of him. We should've done better in the tournament that year. Prohm followed that up with a terrible year this past year. If he doesn't figure it out he's likely and hopefully gone.

I said who did a better coaching job with what they had. According to ISU fans Iowa had a garage (not just ok, but you guys say they are terrible) at the PG, SG and C positions. They had an ok player in Cook and Fr Wieskamp.

That vs a team with a top 5 NBA draft pick. 2 second round picks and a kid who left early but went undrafted.

The obvious answer is the better coaching job was done by the coach with almost no talent according to ISU fans.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I said who did a better coaching job with what they had. According to ISU fans Iowa had a garage (not just ok, but you guys say they are terrible) at the PG, SG and C positions. They had an ok player in Cook and Fr Wieskamp.

That vs a team with a top 5 NBA draft pick. 2 second round picks and a kid who left early but went undrafted.

The obvious answer is the better coaching job was done by the coach with almost no talent according to ISU fans.

What does it mean to have a "garage" at PG?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

You don't get to claim Tyrese as a lottery pick two years ago lol. Using that thought process, Iowa State fans would get to say Iowa was a 10 seed and only made the second round with a POY candidate.