Justin Smith

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
Hard to believe in this day and age.

FWIW...A knowledgeable person in the basketball business once told me that to get the real good transfers it usually had to happen before said player put out a ‘list’. After following recruiting across the country over the years, I’m starting to believe it.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Modern era is Hoiberg and on. Silly boomers.. what is modern about 1970-1980's? The world wide web came around in the 90's. Sorry you are old and I'll be there someday. But post 3 point line shouldn't be "modern".

Orr changed ISU basketball forever. He is enshrined forever at Johnny's in Hilton for that reason

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
What's silly is even giving a rat's ass about what the "modern" era of Cyclone basketball should be. Stop the relativistic nonsense and say what you mean. If you want to reference the last decade, then say so. If you want to reference from Fred on, then say so. Use of the term "modern era" adds zilch to the conversation in this case. We aren't condensing down thousands of years of history into discrete chapters here. We aren't distinguishing between era's where the game is entirely different, etc.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I think you made a good point. Modern is very subjective.

For sure. However including even Orr's teams in the modern era is a pretty big stretch. I'm 39. I barely remember Johnny's teams and I'm almost over the hill here.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
For sure. However including even Orr's teams in the modern era is a pretty big stretch. I'm 39. I barely remember Johnny's teams and I'm almost over the hill here.
Yeah I agree. Idk lol I don't care either.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
I propose the following:

1) Use of Before Orr (BO) and After Johnny (AJ) to distinguish periods of relevance.
2) “Modern Era” starts with Hoiberg’s arrival. It also denotes the pivot of pro and NCAA towarss pace-and-space and 3-point emphasis.
3) Justin Smith starts at the 4 this year, and possibly kicks a WVU player in the chest while securing a rebound.

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha
Guessing you saw this on the pay board?
Can’t say, but it’s not too hard to figure out. I just hope they get him as I think he is a game changer. I really like the Harris and JCL signings, but believe getting Smith would give ISU an excellent chance of going back to the tourney next year.

NodawayRiverClone

May 1, 2018
I propose the following:

1) Use of Before Orr (BO) and After Johnny (AJ) to distinguish periods of relevance.
2) “Modern Era” starts with Hoiberg’s arrival. It also denotes the pivot of pro and NCAA towarss pace-and-space and 3-point emphasis.
3) Justin Smith starts at the 4 this year, and possibly kicks a WVU player in the chest while securing a rebound.

Modern era is either shortly following WW2 or starts with Johnny's hire.

Important reference points for posters are before the Big 12, after the Big 12, after Fred's hire.

Justin Smith, welcome to the Cyclones (prematurely), the power in the north where your flower will come forth!!

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I propose the following:

I prefer a BJ to BO.

Reactions: SpokaneCY

Kaner04

Apr 22, 2019
People talking about when the modern era of cyclones basketball is:
Me just wanting to learn about Justin Smith:
upload_2020-6-5_14-12-35.gif

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
What's silly is even giving a rat's ass about what the "modern" era of Cyclone basketball should be. Stop the relativistic nonsense and say what you mean. If you want to reference the last decade, then say so. If you want to reference from Fred on, then say so. Use of the term "modern era" adds zilch to the conversation in this case. We aren't condensing down thousands of years of history into discrete chapters here. We aren't distinguishing between era's where the game is entirely different, etc.
Exactly why I asked the question...it's a dumb term.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Modern era is Hoiberg and on. Silly boomers.. what is modern about 1970-1980's? The world wide web came around in the 90's. Sorry you are old and I'll be there someday. But post 3 point line shouldn't be "modern".

Orr changed ISU basketball forever. He is enshrined forever at Johnny's in Hilton for that reason
Oh my. Lookup Darpa net and correct your post, Al Gore

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
I am consistent. Your lack of reading comprehension appears to be the problem here. Fear not, I will put your sorry ass on the ignore list and concern myself with real problems.
Wow. Typical lawman, cannot handle what they want to dish out