Friday OT - IDK

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I'm physically and mentally exhausted. Tired of all the division and hate. Wish I could trade places with any of over 100,000 who have lost their lives this year because I truly feel that where they are is a better place than I am. I'm nothing special.

Rulzzz, please reach out to us, or more urgently, resources that are available. I think any of us will do whatever we can to help. <3

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Yeah, me too--I used to read it every year. Somehow I haven't for a decade or so.

Same. Life just gets in the way, and they're pretty dense reads as it is. I think I re-read the series at least three times and every time I caught something new.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Same. Life just gets in the way, and they're pretty dense reads as it is. I think I re-read the series at least three times and every time I caught something new.
It will be interesting this time through. I always catch new things, but there has been a lot of water under the bridge in the last decade. What things will catch the eye of 2020 me, the same and yet a different person from 2010 me?

Reactions: Angie

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Been doing fine overall...a little concerned for job situations but nothing is clear either way.

Positive is sometimes chaos leads to opening up of communications, and a stronger relationship. That has to include all sides being willing to pause for a second though; society right now is bad at pausing.

Reactions: CloneLawman

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Look at what I learned to grow during quarantine!! No toad venom for this guy.

Attachments

• B5BABD0F-6F92-49B8-B28F-2AF1B4558095.jpeg
    B5BABD0F-6F92-49B8-B28F-2AF1B4558095.jpeg
    27.7 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
It will be interesting this time through. I always catch new things, but there has been a lot of water under the bridge in the last decade. What things will catch the eye of 2020 me, the same and yet a different person from 2010 me?

Like Catcher in the Rye. I used to reread that one until I got old and cynical enough that I couldn't find much sympathy for Holden anymore.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Like Catcher in the Rye. I used to reread that one until I got old and cynical enough that I couldn't find much sympathy for Holden anymore.

I still read it every so often (although it makes me bummed it's not on Kindle) - it does change slightly as you get older.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I still read it every so often (although it makes me bummed it's not on Kindle) - it does change slightly as you get older.

I should give it another go. Maybe my stance on Holden will have softened now that I have kids.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I'm physically and mentally exhausted. Tired of all the division and hate. Wish I could trade places with any of over 100,000 who have lost their lives this year because I truly feel that where they are is a better place than I am. I'm nothing special.

I think a lot of us feel that way at times, but it's not true. Not to be insensitive to the deaths of elderly people, but it hits me harder when it's the young ones. My son had a 20 year old friend die last week (had a seizure), and I went to the visitation this morning. At my age (49), it's hard for me to see someone with their whole life ahead of them taken too early. If I went today, I could honestly say I've been blessed to have a whole lot of wonderful experiences in the world, and it wouldn't be nearly as tragic.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA

I wish I could make it better for you, Rulzzz. But I do know that you are loved by many people here, and your input is always valuable. I'm calling on my CF brothers and sisters to lift you up, and fill your soul with light.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

Bro get yourself an Amtrak ticket, come out to Denver in the fall, and I'll get us some a couple tickets to a Broncos game.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Through all of this turmoil, which I haven't handled particularly well, I think my attitudes about sports have changed. Sports are fun, and winning is important, but seeing the leadership from certain people including, but not limited to, Prohm, Campbell, Dayton Moore from the Royals, and many in the NBA has been extremely encouraging. Prohm could win 5 games this upcoming season, and I'll still want him to be our coach. He will get it done here.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Gf and I have been fighting A LOT lately. Not really sure I want to or how much longer I want to work for it.

Also, need to change careers, great time in history to be thinking about that.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center

I know others have said it, but if you need to talk, Im here for you.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
I wish I could make it better for you, Rulzzz. But I do know that you are loved by many people here, and your input is always valuable. I'm calling on my CF brothers and sisters to lift you up, and fill your soul with light.
But not Nattie Lite. That stuff is not good for the soul.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Gf and I have been fighting A LOT lately. Not really sure I want to or how much longer I want to work for it.

I think there's nothing like being thrown together a ton more than ever before to either make a relationship stronger or blow it apart.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha

I'm guessing the stress from the lockdown has a lot to do with that.