Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
I honestly think the worst out of the returnees is Conditt. Jackson did pretty well last year on the back end as a shooter. Solomon was overall solid. I think saying collectively they're pretty bad is wrong. Collectively they were average.

How could they have been collectively average when Iowa State was awful last year? If the players were average but the team was terrible, what does that say about the coaching?

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
That's just a dumb card to play. So you're ok with Hawk fans telling you that you wouldn't know anything about NFL draft picks?
I can’t use that example because of all the b1g championships Kurt has parlayed those NFL draft picks into.

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
I can’t use that example because of all the b1g championships Kurt has parlayed those NFL draft picks into.

When was isu’s last outright conference championship in football?

Trick question, isu is the only P5 school to never win and outright conference title.

Yikes

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
When was isu’s last outright conference championship in football?

Trick question, isu is the only P5 school to never win and outright conference title.

Yikes
I know it’s a high bar, but you may be the most idiotic hok who posts here.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Adding players from here and there makes you an AAU team.
I have been gone not checking this forum. Catching up now. Never dreamt you could get dumber. Moron.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
How could they have been collectively average when Iowa State was awful last year? If the players were average but the team was terrible, what does that say about the coaching?

Remind me who called the refs "cheating motherf*ckers" again? That says a lot!!!

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
And you are pinning your hopes of solving ISU's issues at the 3 or 4 on a guy that came from Troy.

You are way too full of hope just because some new bodies were added. You already said a few posts ago that you thought Iowa's roster this past year was terrible which proved to be incredibly wrong.

You either dont know a lot about basketball or must always think that ISU is going to be good and Iowa is going to be bad.

Incredibly wrong lol. Iowa was a 7-8 seed last year let's not get carried away

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Incredibly wrong lol. Iowa was a 7-8 seed last year let's not get carried away

Lets say ISU was a 7-8 seed last year, and Haliburton was voted Player of the Year by many publications and was runner up in several as well. Lets say he was returning along with all other major contributors as well as 3 players coming back from injuries. Would you be excited about this situation?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Lets say ISU was a 7-8 seed last year, and Haliburton was voted Player of the Year by many publications and was runner up in several as well. Lets say he was returning along with all other major contributors as well as 3 players coming back from injuries. Would you be excited about this situation?

If Fran wasn't our coach yes

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Because together they made up 4 players on a team that played 9 guys? Conditt was not very good overall, Solo was definitely above average, Bolton was good, and Jackson was average in his role at the end. You then throw in guys like Grill, Nixon, Jacobson, Griffin, and Lewis, and you can easily see how the entirety of the team struggled. Those last guys I listed above all played below average most of the time in their respective roles. You can have a few good guys on a team that are average to good but still have a team that sucks.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
I heard Jess Settles filed for medical redshirt. Think he has another year so he can get a meaningful degree.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
If Fran wasn't our coach yes

Fran did much better over the last 3 years with the talent he had over what Prohm did at ISU with the talent he had.

Who did a better coaching job with the talent they had last year?

Prohm had a future top 5 NBA draft pick (Halliburton), two 2nd round draft picks (THT and Shayok) and another kid who left early (Wigginton) and ended up as a 6 seed who got beat first round.

Fran had Jordan who you say is garbage, Moss who you claimed was garbage, Cook who you thought was good, Wieskamp who you thought was good, and Garza who you said was garbage. They ended up as a 7 seed and got to the 2nd round.

You are gonna try to say with a straight face that Prhom did a better job of coaching in any of the last 3 years than Fran did? LOL.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Fran did much better over the last 3 years with the talent he had over what Prohm did at ISU with the talent he had.

Prohm had a future top 5 NBA draft pick (Halliburton), two 2nd round draft picks (THT and Shayok) and another kid who left early (Wigginton) and ended up as a 6 seed who got beat first round.

Fran had Jordan who you say is garbage, Moss who you claimed was garbage, Cook who you thought was good, Wieskamp who you thought was good, and Garza who you said was garbage. They ended up as a 7 seed and got to the 2nd round.

You are gonna try to say with a straight face that Prhom did a better job of coaching in any of the last 3 years than Fran did? LOL.
So your argument for two years ago is that Fran did better because they won a tournament game while Iowa State did not.. You're basing the entirety of the season on one single game?

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020

Of course CyTwins and his minions are sure Prohm did a better job than Fran. What I can’t figure out is why they haven’t stormed Pollards house demanding a 10 year extension with no buyout if they really believe their own bs.

I mean if Prohm is so awesome than they should lock him up. My guess is clone fans will give us a pick and choose reply or ignore and spin onto something else.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Of course CyTwins and his minions are sure Prohm did a better job than Fran. What I can’t figure out is why they haven’t stormed Pollards house demanding a 10 year extension with no buyout if they really believe their own bs.

I mean if Prohm is so awesome than they should lock him up. My guess is clone fans will give us a pick and choose reply or ignore and spin onto something else.
I think the fact that Prohm won a Big 12 tournament that year and fans called for his head after the season would disprove your theory we are absolutely in love over Prohm. We're pretty critical of him. We should've done better in the tournament that year. Prohm followed that up with a terrible year this past year. If he doesn't figure it out he's likely and hopefully gone.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020

Iowa was a 10 seed two years ago, not a 7 seed.