Consumer Fireworks

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
4th of July is right around the corner and brick and mortar fireworks stores can be open. Temporary structures can open soon I think, or maybe there are covid regulationsnthat wont allow that this year, not sure.

Where does everyone get their supply?

Flashing Thunder is 10 minutes from my house they sell some decent fireworks. I buy quite a bit from them. They put on some pretty awesome professional displays too.

I also have some friends an hour from Missouri and will usually go there shortly after the 4th. Sometimes we will run to the border and take advantage of the getting rid of inventory sales.

I'm a big fan of cannister shells. Have a few racks that I have built and can usually put on a decent display for a few hundred dollars.

It could be a big year for consumer fireworks with many communities cancelling 4th of July celebrations.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I think most neighborhoods around here are going to sound like Beirut around the 4th of July this year. Lots of people with some discretionary funds saved up since they haven't been able to spend them on other entertainment options for the past few months, and many of the social events around the holiday have already been canceled. People will be having their own yard parties, and what will go better with those parties than their own fireworks shows? Curious to hear where you guys are getting your stuff this year.

SayMyName

Jan 28, 2017
ABQ
Iowa Fireworks Farm
1505 Hwy G 76
Just west of New Virginia at I-35 Exit #43, across from Kum & Go

Look 'em up on Facebook

Last edited:
Reactions: Cybirdy

AdRock4Cy

Jul 21, 2010
Ankeny
My hot take is fireworks are ok in 4th of July and annoying as hell any day before or after. Be mindful of your neighbors with special needs kids around this time of year please.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
My hot take is fireworks are ok in 4th of July and annoying as hell any day before or after. Be mindful of your neighbors with special needs kids around this time of year please.
As long as people stop shooting them off by 10:30 I don’t care too much in the days before the 4th. I understand it. I love fireworks too and shoot them off on the 4th. They are fun, but definitely be respectful of time.

Reactions: AdRock4Cy

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Iowa Fireworks Farm
1505 Hwy G 76
At intersection with HWY 69, East of New Virginia

Look 'em up on Facebook

My gps says it’s at exit 43 on interstate 35 by New Virginia. 69’s a bit East of there.

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
A few years ago I bought a cheap remote ignition system off ebay. After I had a cannister shell explode in the tube and one fail to launch fully and explode next to the ground I stopped lighting by hand. While neither of these caused any injuries it was worth it. Also lighting from a distance gives a better view to watch the fireworks.

It has 12 channels and with some fuse work that is enough for a decent display.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

I have a rescue dog that is just all raw nerves through the entire thing, so I'm glad when they're done and over with (and yeah, trying to calm her through one bad day is a lot easier than calming her for several days straight).

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
I always end up spending way more money on fireworks then I plan to. This year the local retailer had some cyclone bombs so naturally I had to get some. Screenshot_20200606-115503_Gallery.jpg

$500 later I think I have enough.