Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yes and afterward it come out that it hadn’t been the first run in for BDJ with police and that is where the “call me first” line came from.
Are you trying to say Hoiberg had a deal with the Ames PD for them to call him if his players got arrested so they could get off easier?

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
Are you trying to say Hoiberg had a deal with the Ames PD for them to call him if his players got arrested so they could get off easier?

I am saying that Hoiberg stated when it came to BDJ that the Ames police were to call him first.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Yes and afterward it come out that it hadn’t been the first run in for BDJ with police and that is where the “call me first” line came from.

Of course the cops are going to call "The Mayor", he's their boss.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I'm not going to open a can of worms but some people owe me an apology

It is and always was a troll that you have some "source" telling you Hankins was going to transfer.

The stuff about black students athletes face racism is very, very real. These athletes are talking about experiences with Iowa City police and people in Iowa City. This has been a problem for a long, long time, and if you think it isn't occurring in Ames, you are a bigger fool than I thought.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
KF had better hope the entire team votes to kneel during the national anthem or he's going to have a big problem on his hands.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I really don't get why ISU posters are trying to act like this is an University of Iowa thing, or just Iowa City police, or Iowa fans. This is a the problem throughout our state and country.

That is why this thread was dumb to begin with. If you want to start a discussion about race, then do that, don't start a troll thread about Hankins "potentially transferring".

If you want to hear some really great perspective on some of the issues take a listen to Hawk Central. They have Kelvin Bell on (Iowa DL coach for those who don't know) and he speaks very pointedly about being black in America and in Iowa.

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
Yes Iowa football players have been a target for the Iowa City police for some time. I wish the IC police had the same deal in place as the Ames police do with isu athletes. You know where they were to call Hoiberg first.
Why do you wish the IC Police would call Hoiberg first?

May 18, 2020
BDJ was arrested and taken into custody..
Weren't there Iowa State fans that threatened the Iowa State student (and I believe a former student athlete) that called the police on BDJ? Obviously, that guy didn't get the memo that Hoiberg was to be called first.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
You've never heard of the 'What happens in Ames, stays in Ames' approach implemented and supported by Pollard and Hoiberg? It's pretty well known.

Yeah, it’s probably some sweetheart deal with the cops...or maybe it’s because our teams best players aren’t drunk driving mopeds across campus.

May 18, 2020
Yeah, it’s probably some sweetheart deal with the cops...or maybe it’s because our teams best players aren’t drunk driving mopeds across campus.
Good point. By the way did Kamilo Tongamoa ever play for the clones? Or was he kicked off the team after his OWI? I know Matt Campbell is a stickler.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I really don't get why ISU posters are trying to act like this is an University of Iowa thing, or just Iowa City police, or Iowa fans. This is a the problem throughout our state and country.

That is why this thread was dumb to begin with. If you want to start a discussion about race, then do that, don't start a troll thread about Hankins "potentially transferring".

If you want to hear some really great perspective on some of the issues take a listen to Hawk Central. They have Kelvin Bell on (Iowa DL coach for those who don't know) and he speaks very pointedly about being black in America and in Iowa.
You post like you've never been to this stupid circle-jerk forum before. Every thread is double digit pages of bull$hit but your stupid ass is sucked in. Be better.

Correct. It is a problem beyond the U of I and IC but don't come to this forum looking for cogent conversation. You know this.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
You post like you've never been to this stupid circle-jerk forum before. Every thread is double digit pages of bull$hit but your stupid ass is sucked in. Be better.

Correct. It is a problem beyond the U of I and IC but don't come to this forum looking for cogent conversation. You know this.

Totally agree 99% of the time. Like a knucklehead I just figured nobody would have any desire to troll the explosive racial injustice topic. I turned out to be wrong, certain ISU posters have no problem trolling even this subject.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Totally agree 99% of the time. Like a knucklehead I just figured nobody would have any desire to troll the explosive racial injustice topic. I turned out to be wrong, certain ISU posters have no problem trolling even this subject.
Read the metaphorical sign on the door and enter this site at your own risk. If you have high expectations that's a you problem.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
More fake news brought to you by CyTwins. Why is he still allowed to start threads? There wasn't even any smoke on this one....
Idk I'm not a mod so I can't answer that question.

Status
Not open for further replies.