***The Da Vinci Code Mafia***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
iu

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
Well, first of all the 1st day that you "check in on things" during the day is when you are being voted for. What are the odds on that? And why did your previous "check ins" not lead to any posts?

Yes, this is the first time I've checked in during the work day this game. Why? Because yesterday was an unannounced 2 days. How am I to know when that is going to happen? It should not happen in my opinion. People missing either the first or second day doesn't help figure things out when the whole point of the game is to interact with each other and figure out who people are. Sorry bsalty this rant isn't directed at you, but anyone who keeps calling for half days instead of being patient to give all a chance to participate? Isn't that why we sign up for the game?

Another reason I haven't checked in during the day is having a regular innocent role. I haven't been as tuned in to this game with the busy work week and try to contribute in the evening. 2 out of the 3 weekdays (not gamedays) this week had already discovered mafia, leading to runaway votes. Not much to do at that point.

PSYclone22

Visual Analytics Mercenary
SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
Yes, this is the first time I've checked in during the work day this game. Why? Because yesterday was an unannounced 2 days. How am I to know when that is going to happen? It should not happen in my opinion. People missing either the first or second day doesn't help figure things out when the whole point of the game is to interact with each other and figure out who people are. Sorry bsalty this rant isn't directed at you, but anyone who keeps calling for half days instead of being patient to give all a chance to participate? Isn't that why we sign up for the game?

Another reason I haven't checked in during the day is having a regular innocent role. I haven't been as tuned in to this game with the busy work week and try to contribute in the evening. 2 out of the 3 weekdays (not gamedays) this week had already discovered mafia, leading to runaway votes. Not much to do at that point.
fair enough. What are your thoughts on Cubs potentially being mafia?

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
He hasn't really participated at all this game...and he hasn't had a meaningful vote yet. Voted for oldman in a runaway and then two late solo votes on azhuth.
vote Michael

Really? See above. Just because no one wants to listen to the valid reason for my votes as I tried to introduce a theory doesn't make it not meaningful.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
'Cuz of the detective and his assistant making moves towards him, and then the mafia deciding to kill the assistant overnight anyway (who at that point wasn't useful as a special, so why else waste the kill?).

The part I don't get is the only investigation being altered, and thus untrustworthy...so where did the push on North originate? I wondered if they picked up a clue of some sort that was kept quiet.

azhuth09

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 6, 2012
Des Moines, IA
'Cuz of the detective and his assistant making moves towards him, and then the mafia deciding to kill the assistant overnight anyway (who at that point wasn't useful as a special, so why else waste the kill?).

The part I don't get is the only investigation being altered, and thus untrustworthy...so where did the push on North originate? I wondered if they picked up a clue of some sort that was kept quiet.

The assistant didn't get any further investigations right? They already ID'd clonies and Spiker was only alive for one night. Are you thinking that they got multiple clues and an investigation?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
The assistant didn't get any further investigations right? They already ID'd clonies and Spiker was only alive for one night. Are you thinking that they got multiple clues and an investigation?
This has me confused as well. They had several good tips it seems but one of them was fake news. But they were only alive for a short time. @bsaltyman did the assistant get more investigations?

PSYclone22

Visual Analytics Mercenary
SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
This has me confused as well. They had several good tips it seems but one of them was fake news. But they were only alive for a short time. @bsaltyman did the assistant get more investigations?
I think they probably got clues and not investigations. They (spiker and discy) also just might have noticed something about North that piqued their interest.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I think they probably got clues and not investigations. They (spiker and discy) also just might have noticed something about North that piqued their interest.
Do you know something I do not?

bsaltyman

Drinker of beer
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
***ANNOUNCEMENT***

Gather round, ladies and gentlemen. It’s time to throw a big wrench into the game!

So, there has been some discussion about the role of the cryptex , which was in fact found by an innocent and destroyed already. This had left the roles of certain players more or less useless. However, I now have a solution to this, which we can thank the Priory of Sion for (it was their idea).

Tomorrow morning I will be releasing a new cryptex, and this one will be indestructible. It doesn’t matter if you hit it with Thor’s hammer or the sword of Gryffindor, this baby won’t break. No matter if the player who finds this solves it or not, they must pass it each night. They cannot pass it to the player that gave it to them. You can also not pass it to someone that you can PM with (so if passed to a Priory member they can’t pass it to each other, or Remy / Teabing). If passed to mafia, Sister Sandrine will die.

Because this is potentially dangerous to the Priory, I will be rewarding their bravery with a clue tomorrow.

The cryptex has risen!

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
That's the possibility I'm giving thought to, yes. Admittedly it does seem far-fetched in a relatively short amount of time.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
***ANNOUNCEMENT***

Gather round, ladies and gentlemen. It’s time to throw a big wrench into the game!

So, there has been some discussion about the role of the cryptex , which was in fact found by an innocent and destroyed already. This had left the roles of certain players more or less useless. However, I now have a solution to this, which we can thank the Priory of Sion for (it was their idea).

Tomorrow morning I will be releasing a new cryptex, and this one will be indestructible. It doesn’t matter if you hit it with Thor’s hammer or the sword of Gryffindor, this baby won’t break. No matter if the player who finds this solves it or not, they must pass it each night. They cannot pass it to the player that gave it to them. You can also not pass it to someone that you can PM with (so if passed to a Priory member they can’t pass it to each other, or Remy / Teabing). If passed to mafia, Sister Sandrine will die.

Because this is potentially dangerous to the Priory, I will be rewarding their bravery with a clue tomorrow.

The cryptex has risen!
giphy-downsized-large.gif