Iowa Football Recruiting

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
Whenver Enyi is brought up this play comes to mind. He was so lost.

JaggedKindBunting-max-1mb.gif

Looks like an All-Big 12 caliber player to me. I mean running around without a clue is often what is seen from Big 12 defenses.

DhaCheann

Mar 31, 2012
Denver, CO
You Hawkeye dorks mock how long this thread is and how many pages we’re on, yet 10 out of 12 posts on this page alone are from Iowa fans *updated*

Last edited:

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Who is out of eligibility on defense after 2020?
Jake Hummel (LB) - Has been a major role player, may start this year
Joshua Bailey (DT) - Seem some snaps but I would call a limited action player
Jaquan Bailey (DE) - Starter
Eyioma Uwazurike (DE/DT) - Starter
Arnold Azunna (DB) - Role player. Gets some decent snaps but has seen his time diminish
Greg Ross (DB) - Transfer player from North Carolina this year
Lawrence White (S) - Starter at times, major role player though
Greg Eisworth (S) - Starter

That's every senior on defense

Reactions: TrianglePlace

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
No disagreement there. Pretty much a unanimous top 11 pick from what I've seen. He's a good player.

He's good, but I'm not going to say he's a surefire 1st rounder. Depends on his season and the seasons of Newman at UGA and the kid at NDSU. They're all in a battle for the 3rd QB picked.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
It almost HAS to be this year. Decent chance Purdy is gone after this season and there will be a drop off after he leaves.

No. No, it doesn't. There would be a drop-off at QB if Purdy declares for sure. But they'd also be returning all 5 OLs, all of their WRs, top 2 RBs. You guys seem to keep on going replacing QBs because of the surrounding players. There is zero reason that ISU can't do the same...they've been building depth for awhile now.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I personally think Stanley holds up better against BIG defenses. Purdy had trouble staying healthy through a weak big 12 (with many atrocious defenses last year).....and was rendered relatively ineffective against an ND team that Michigan curb stomped.....even after having a month to prepare. Not really that hard to go with Stanley in the BIG over Purdy. Maybe Purdy can put it all together this year - i.e. stay healthy and lead his team to more than 7 or 8 wins. I don't think the big 12 is any better (and is possibly even worse) than last year, so there is definitely a chance for the clones to make a move closer to double digit wins.

Trouble staying healthy? I mean, he had a couple of ankle sprains that hampered his mobility, yet started every game. Ankle sprains can happen against any defense, no matter how "atrocious" you perceive them to be. Purdy would start for every team in the Big 10 outside of tOSU. I guess Minnesota would at least have an argument.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Trouble staying healthy? I mean, he had a couple of ankle sprains that hampered his mobility, yet started every game. Ankle sprains can happen against any defense, no matter how "atrocious" you perceive them to be. Purdy would start for every team in the Big 10 outside of tOSU. I guess Minnesota would at least have an argument.

Purdy is good and showed toughness playing through ankle sprains, and I get what you're saying. But he doesn't start for every B1G team outside of the Buckeyes. Several? Sure. But he doesn't start at Nebby, Minney, Penn St., Michigan, Wisco, or Indiana.

May 18, 2020
Purdy and the clones were absolutely BEAT DOWN by a Notre Dame team that was curb stomped by Michigan...and Purdy was essentially knocked out of the game. It was also rumored that Purdy was hobbled against Oklahoma State and that contributed to him (and the clones) falling apart in the fourth quarter. There's two good examples for you of how Purdy struggled to stay healthy (at times) and that directly impacted his effectiveness.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Purdy is good and showed toughness playing through ankle sprains, and I get what you're saying. But he doesn't start for every B1G team outside of the Buckeyes. Several? Sure. But he doesn't start at Nebby, Minney, Penn St., Michigan, Wisco, or Indiana.

Not good to drink so much on a Thursday night. Unless you have tomorrow off.