Iowa Football Recruiting

May 18, 2020
I expect this to be his last year but I'm confused why you agree with that since you said you'd rather have Fat Stanley instead of him
I personally think Stanley holds up better against BIG defenses. Purdy had trouble staying healthy through a weak big 12 (with many atrocious defenses last year).....and was rendered relatively ineffective against an ND team that Michigan curb stomped.....even after having a month to prepare. Not really that hard to go with Stanley in the BIG over Purdy. Maybe Purdy can put it all together this year - i.e. stay healthy and lead his team to more than 7 or 8 wins. I don't think the big 12 is any better (and is possibly even worse) than last year, so there is definitely a chance for the clones to make a move closer to double digit wins.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
Bailey, Enyi, Eisworth & White as of right now.

Significant losses it seems like.

The 2020 ISU season pretty much comes down to Purdy staying healthy and replacing the losses on both lines in my eyes.

If you can do all 3, it will be a special season. If you struggle with 1 you will win 8-9 games. If you struggle with 2 or more it's 7 or fewer wins.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Significant losses it seems like.

The 2020 ISU season pretty much comes down to Purdy staying healthy and replacing the losses on both lines in my eyes.

If you can do all 3, it will be a special season. If you struggle with 1 you will win 8-9 games. If you struggle with 2 or more it's 7 or fewer wins.
I actually agree with this.

Those 4 are significant losses, but returning 7 plus some will help.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Being All Big12 doesn't count for much. The Big12 over the last 20 years = Mountain West. Nobody thinks Mountain West QB's or Big12 QB's numbers are legit against those pretend defenses.
What does that make the Big 10 west, the Sun Belt or Conference USA?

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
I keep telling you, no troll. Hell, one of the staff members on here wrote an article a poster linked that said ISU is the odds on favorite. Pretty sure someone claimed he'd be committing to Wisconsin a week ago, still hasn't happened. ISU is in the drivers seat, and every day that goes by the he doesn't pick up a Stanford offer it's more of a sure thing.
I can promise you ISU is not.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I wouldn't say mediocre, they've been decent to good the past three years. Campbell has done a good job so far, but he has to take that next step sooner or later.

ISU has been a bowl team the last 3 years, that is amazing for them historically. CMC is a good football coach, but the question remains is how well can even a good coach do at ISU?

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Decent chance? The guy has been described as a sure Top 11 pick, you'd have to be crazy to come back to school with that type of money on the table.

Purdy is gone for sure. Nobody who is a top 11 projected pick would ever come back to school, that is a crazy amount of money. Enjoy him while you have him Clone fans!

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
Bailey brothers
Eisworth
White
Enyi
Azuna
Hummel

Whenver Enyi is brought up this play comes to mind. He was so lost.

JaggedKindBunting-max-1mb.gif

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron