Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I ordered a pair of trail shoes. Originally said they would be delivered on the 3rd. Then then the 8th. Now it says the 9th.
Today the tracking number says the 4th. It's on it's way to KC via UPS

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
I ordered a pair of trail shoes. Originally said they would be delivered on the 3rd. Then then the 8th. Now it says the 9th.
Today the tracking number says the 4th. It's on it's way to KC via UPS
Well at least UPS tracking gives you a date, albeit a changing one. I'm glad your shoes didn't encounter the civil unrest!

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
People who drive 25 mph on the dot in a 35.

the-avengers-angry-hulk-smash-loki.gif

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
BTW, how do you shrink the file size of a photo you want to upload on Android?

Lemme clarify...I want to shrink the file size so that I can upload a pic on CF by using my Android phone.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
The daughter of the doctor my mom works for is marrying a cardiologist whose parents are both big time doctors as well. The ring cost 40 large.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
The daughter of the doctor my mom works for is marrying a cardiologist whose parents are both big time doctors as well. The ring cost 40 large.

Get a pic of that. Some lady in a nearby town dropped her ring into a toilet in her home,
got her hand stuck trying to retrieve it, ended up calling the fire dept and emts, they unbolted it, smashed the toilet to free her hand and still never found her ring. Hope that doesn't happen to that fancy rock. Chaser you should become her sidepiece when she's bored after being married after a couple of yrs.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Watching first episode of Generation War, sorta the German made version of Band of Brothers but German view WWII. Totes serious and a bit gritty but the subtitle line of a nurse hitting on an officer made me laugh, "I bet a good-looking lieutenant like you has a big lighter" as she she tries to bum a light for her cigarette.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
@BoxsterCy, one rhubarb/cherry pie in the oven baking. I created the recipe on my own from adapting my cherry pie recipe. Will post my opinions tomorrow or the next day smells good baking though.

Edit: Pie may be on the agenda for breakfast.

Last edited:
Reactions: SCyclone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Get a pic of that. Some lady in a nearby town dropped her ring into a toilet in her home,
got her hand stuck trying to retrieve it, ended up calling the fire dept and emts, they unbolted it, smashed the toilet to free her hand and still never found her ring. Hope that doesn't happen to that fancy rock. Chaser you should become her sidepiece when she's bored after being married after a couple of yrs.

Make it was fake and she just put a show on to collect the insurance cash.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
@BoxsterCy, one rhubarb/cherry pie in the oven baking. I created the recipe on my own from adapting my cherry pie recipe. Will post my opinions tomorrow or the next day smells good baking though.

Edit: Pie may be on the agenda for breakfast.

Pie is a good breakfast food.

Got sunburnt Tuesday. If I got my temp taken anywhere they would think I had the ‘rona. Can feel the heat that my body is giving off. Also got a leg cramp in the middle of the night.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Reading the top shelf thread, it made me realize that since I had been at a NYE party and had my 2 drinks before 10 since I was going to drive home (across town), that I have not drank any alcoholic beverages this year. The older I get the less I drink. If I would have told HS me that this is what I would have become, HS me would not have believed current me.

Probably since the only time I drink any is at wedding receptions and such. So the rona may have made me quit drinking entirely.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Reading the top shelf thread, it made me realize that since I had been at a NYE party and had my 2 drinks before 10 since I was going to drive home (across town), that I have not drank any alcoholic beverages this year. The older I get the less I drink. If I would have told HS me that this is what I would have become, HS me would not have believed current me.

Probably since the only time I drink any is at wedding receptions and such. So the rona may have made me quit drinking entirely.

I think the last time I drank was February so similar....Iowa State/Tech game at Hilton. Wish I had a better game to go out on.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
This link was in a work-related email I get, but the focus on crisis leadership and taking care of yourself applies to anyone. If you want some reassurance now -- or any time really -- that you're doing the right things, take a look. It's written by Don Tyler, who works with people in his business. He spoke at one of our meetings years ago and is a great presenter and listener. He's written articles with similar focus recently and includes the same paragraph at the end. http://feedlotmagazine.com/crisis-leadership-taking-care-of-yourself/

Reactions: NWICY

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
This link was in a work-related email I get, but the focus on crisis leadership and taking care of yourself applies to anyone. If you want some reassurance now -- or any time really -- that you're doing the right things, take a look. It's written by Don Tyler, who works with people in his business. He spoke at one of our meetings years ago and is a great presenter and listener. He's written articles with similar focus recently and includes the same paragraph at the end. http://feedlotmagazine.com/crisis-leadership-taking-care-of-yourself/
Thank you for providing a link to the article. I read through it and it had some great advice.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Most of the people listed in the second and third items on this page are employees with the Iowa State Center. You know, the ones who work with shows, banquets/dining, development, etc. Seems to me to be a clear picture of what's (not) important in the new world of athletics being in charge of the center. https://www.inside.iastate.edu/bulletin/receptions-and-open-houses#a6791

Status
Not open for further replies.