HBO Max goes live today

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
2000-I'm so tired of paying $75/month to the cable companies. I want to pick out the channels I want to watch and only pay for them. I can't wait until streaming takes care of this.

YouTube TV $50/month
Netflix $13/month
Disney +$7 month
$10 extra month for your internet because you're hitting your data limits.

We've come so far....

I agree for the most part. However, here's the big difference - I don't have to spend hours on the phone with a crap company like DirecTV to renegotiate prices. There are no contracts. Also, Centurylink has no data limits, so I'm good.

Here's mine though:
YTTV: 50
Disney/Hulu/ESPN+: 12
Amazon Prime: 0 - My wife would pay for this anyway for the shipping

That's all I have and that's more content than I could ever watch especially once sports gets fired up again. And let's be honest - most people before cutting the cord were spending way more than 75.00. I know I was.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
I agree for the most part. However, here's the big difference - I don't have to spend hours on the phone with a crap company like DirecTV to renegotiate prices. There are no contracts. Also, Centurylink has no data limits, so I'm good.

Here's mine though:
YTTV: 50
Disney/Hulu/ESPN+: 12
Amazon Prime: 0 - My wife would pay for this anyway for the shipping

That's all I have and that's more content than I could ever watch especially once sports gets fired up again. And let's be honest - most people before cutting the cord were spending way more than 75.00. I know I was.

There is a hint of irony in this post in an HBO Max thread trying to point out an advantage to streaming being that you don't have to deal with crop companies like DirecTV. DirecTV and HBO are now both owned by ATT.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
There is a hint of irony in this post in an HBO Max thread trying to point out an advantage to streaming being that you don't have to deal with crop companies like DirecTV. DirecTV and HBO are now both owned by ATT.

I don't subscribe to either. That said it's a good point - I should have said crap business models like the cable model where you have to sign a 2 year contract and the prices are always changing. If the price changes for a streaming service you can cancel online without even having to pick up the phone and haggle for 2 hours.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
So I don’t really care if HBO Max isn’t available on Fire devices as long as they still support the HBO Now app which I currently have a pay subscription before. However, tonight I go to fire up HBO Now on my Fire TV and it’s telling me it’s no longer supported, I need to go download HBO Max. Of course, there is no Max on Fire devices yet. I swear to God sometimes I swear the world is run by ******* morons.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
So who has HBO max? Is it worth it? Dropped netflix and thinking of picking up HBO max for the new releases of movies.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
So who has HBO max? Is it worth it? Dropped netflix and thinking of picking up HBO max for the new releases of movies.
I have it, but only because i had HBO thru Hulu prior to the launch of HBO Max. At first there wasnt an app available for XBox and Amazon Fire Stick which sucked. But now that is all fixed and it works great.

there is a lot of content. the exclusive content is good and the catalog is growing. plus you get access to all of the shows and movies that come with HBO.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown

We watch it more than we expected.

A lot of that is driven by classic Sesame Street.

I rarely find things to watch on Netflix. Somehow we're getting HBO Max for free. Otherwise we wouldn't keep it

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I would say just try it. That's the beauty of these apps. You can try it for a month or two and if you don't like it drop it. There's no long term contract or anything. There's a lot of good stuff on it, but I'll probably drop it when I get through a couple of series I'm in the middle of.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
For fans of Regular Show, check out "Close Enough" on HBO Max. It was created by JG Quintel (creator of Regular Show) - target audience is for the 30-somethings that have kids that grew up with those adult-swim type of shows. It's not as good as R.S. but it has it's moments.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I find myself watching this more than netflix or hulu (free). I also have apple tv free and have no idea why anyone would actually pay for it.

• Agree
Reactions: 3GenClone

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I find myself watching this more than netflix or hulu (free). I also have apple tv free and have no idea why anyone would actually pay for it.
Agree. I haven't been watching much Netflix since they dropped the Office. HBO Max has some really good shows.

• Agree
Reactions: jdcyclone19

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
i have yttv

prime video

apple tv (getting this free)

hbo max

netflix

why?

idfk.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
The new Max app is garbage. I have no idea why it’s so clunky compared to the HBO Max app. It won’t even update my resume watching section on the main screen. It sometimes saves my spot in a series when I go and search for it. It’s incredibly annoying trying to find where I left off on a show every single time.