• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Have you held the stocks since february? Or did you sell at some point?

Some of it was moving a 401k to an IRA and holding it in cash until the crash, and the rest is almost back to where it was, lots of tech stock mutual funds.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
OK for you to feel a need to be angry, as long as you don't feel the pandemic has been considered by some to be 'great'.

No, It makes me angry that the top 1% is going to come out of this with way more money while everyone is badly hurting. 40M unemployed and the dow is 80% of its all time high.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
No, It makes me angry that the top 1% is going to come out of this with way more money while everyone is badly hurting. 40M unemployed and the dow is 80% of its all time high.

Agree that everyone is hurting badly because of the pandemic.
Regarding how much money the 1% will have later this year or the year after, compared to pre-pandemic wealth, depends on their investment strategies. They could come out with more, or considerably less. So far, they're in the red.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I'm really curious here. How many people took.some or all of your stimulus money and put it into your Robinhood account?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Started thinning down the positions today. Took my best earners and liquidated 10% to 20% of them. Totally sold Apple since it is at basically an all time high. Figured with this weeks gains that friday could be a good sell off.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
I'm really curious here. How many people took.some or all of your stimulus money and put it into your Robinhood account?
I did. I got bored with no sports and especially sports gambling so I took some of the money just to play around with.

i only really do it to kill time and talk about with friends so I only have $500 invested right now but I catch myself adding more and more when I find interesting stocks.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown

I bought a chair since I am going to be working from home the rest of the year.

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
Thanks WFC and JPM, much love and thanks for the divi too.

Cant forget the shoutout for the Tesla of China, NIO I heart you.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Don't feel alone, Buffett sold the airline stocks at the bottom.

I bought too early and stubbornly have held them. Not back to even yet but today gives me hope.

Don’t know if it’s right or not but I am throwing offers out to sell some. Either good profit ones and also ones that I took cash from profits and reinvested on a drop. They are all tripping. Have to keep telling myself to be happy with a profit here.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
The only recent purchase I made that isn’t paying out is RCL but I expected that going in. I waited too long to buy that one so it’ll be a steeper climb for me. The SCHB fund I bought has been very pleasant and I should have bought more. Hindsight and all that. I’m a hold guy though so I most likely won’t be turning these anytime soon.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
ADT has been an interesting one for me. I would imagine with unrest, more property owners will be looking to that home security system they’ve been eyeing for awhile.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
New All-time high in the Nasdaq 100. WE DID IT. The problem is the following chart. Either the stock market is really wrong, or the earnings projections are really really wrong.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/nasdaq-surges-all-time-record-high

bfm2462_0.jpg

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
The Coronavirus changed my life for the better. I invested in a testing company out of Utah at $8.75 a pop and sold around $27 a share. Took that and invested in Ford and Broadcom when they were down. $35K return off an $11K original investment. Nuts